1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't get the whole "Rick Grimes" comparison crap... it looks nothing like him.
Guess it is the whole "generic guy with a beard" coming into play.

The "Rick Grimes" comparison was first brought up when the proto was released and I gotta say I do see where people are coming from with that comparison, it's totally justifiable.

But yeah, the fact that it's getting comparisons to people other than Chris Evans is just proof that it's a weak sculpt. You don't see the (new - 46/47) RDJ, Tom Holland, Michael Rooker, Cate Blanchett, or Sebastian Stan head sculpts getting compared to any other actors do you? No, because they look like who they're supposed to look like.

The "Rick Grimes" comparison was first brought up when the proto was released and I gotta say I do see where people are coming from with that comparison, it's totally justifiable.

But yeah, the fact that it's getting comparisons to people other than Chris Evans is just proof that it's a weak sculpt. You don't see the (new - 46/47) RDJ, Tom Holland, Michael Rooker, Cate Blanchett, or Sebastian Stan head sculpts getting compared to any other actors do you? No, because they look like who they're supposed to look like.

It looks more like Evans than Grimes by a mile.:dunno

I think its a nice Cap, if you have no problems owning different variations of the same figure.
I think at one point, I've owned every HT Cap.
But keeping things at a minimum. Currently have two Caps, about to be 3 again. But not this one.

The Irony is that I gave in and PO this, and I thought the 10th anniversary was an easy pass.
Now, I'm gonna eat up that SS PO, and waiting on Sideshow to charge me next week for the 10th Anniversary Cap.

It looks more like Evans than Grimes by a mile.:dunno

I don't think so. IMO Evans is more distinctly sharp-featured. For me - parted out pics on 'bay didn't help - not with what I had hoped for sculpt or costume.

The fig will sell...but I don't feel like paying almost $300 (w. taxes and shipping) for this Cap. Gonna assume the box art was from some early material sent over by the studio (before Cap's final look), which to me means they'd been working on this Cap for a while, and could've done better IMO.

I'm keeping my order. I have been through the "the figure is bad because" thing to many times with figures that once i got in hand i loved. I think from the photos and videos it's an average sculpt not the best but far from the worst IMO. If i REALLY don't like the HS i'll just pop one from another Cap figure on it.

I'm keeping my order. I have been through the "the figure is bad because" thing to many times with figures that once i got in hand i loved. I think from the photos and videos it's an average sculpt not the best but far from the worst IMO. If i REALLY don't like the HS i'll just pop one from another Cap figure on it.

Hmm, seems like you're settling...but that's fine, it's your money. :dunno

Hmm, seems like you're settling...but that's fine, it's your money. :dunno

No just passed on way to many figures because of the exact same reaction.

The reaction to the MK47 was the same as this "looks like crap", "it will have to be discounted to sell", etc and i will admit it did not look that great in photos and videos but when i pulled it out the box i could see a lot of the details that did not show under bright lights and 2D photos. I have a bunch of figures i rarely thought looked very good in photos or videos but look great on the shelf.

So hopefully in hand i will be happy with it ...............or maybe it will suck and i will make a custom out of it :lol

Sure, but that doesn't mean it's a good sculpt though. It's still what I would consider a miss.

I’m just so sick of the same argument over and over again. People always say a headsculpt based on X actor looks more like Y actor, when if it was based on Y actor, people would be saying it looks more like X actor. I’m not defending poor headsculpts, but people really like to exaggerate.

At what point does the conversation switch from “the sculpt is terrible” to “this figure is iconic, unique.”

I’ve never defended the sculpt and I won’t, but there’s also something to be said for having a one of a kind Cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had this on PO day one. Sculpt does not bother me, but that zigzag line on the back of the head and the costume material do. Hopefully the line on the head is not that noticeable and the costume doesn’t look do “plasticky” in-hand.

I’m not cancelling but I’m keeping the original schedule for release from Sideshow (April 2019) instead of paying it off this November (because of the early release). Darn Hot Toys will ruin my budget if I get Cap now. Besides my anticipated Christmas spending, I have a Matrix Neo and JL Superman on pre-order that are both getting released (hopefully) in January.

At what point does the conversation switch from “the sculpt is terrible” to “this figure is iconic, unique.”

I’ve never defended the sculpt and I won’t, but there’s also something to be said for having a one of a kind Cap.

*Grins* IMO it's both - that's why I had such a bad time - but at the same time think HT knows re sales, and threw in some cool accessories - if u pay. For me tho figured out was more excited about the accessories than the fig - which for me tipped the balance.

Like, it's been said that CW Natasha is the best of the BW sculpts. But "blank stare" or not, luv the TWS Natasha, and in hand she's got the cool Russian spy vibe.

So if folks don't see an issue w. this Cap - he IS unique. To get the IW Cap I was hoping for tho looks like I'll have to: 1) hope HT keeps milking the license and comes out w. some DX designer version one day (not likely w. new movies/Xmen etc. joining MCU HT will have hands full) or 2) kitbash/custom $$$$ or 3) hope a deal comes along for this Cap - at least for the basic version.

46511440_10156791639383194_7809856080212656128_n.jpg

46512172_10156791639338194_47327915376902144_n.jpg

My Backup plan. I seriously doubt i will need to do this, i think the HS is fine. The great thing about having several Cap figures is you can mix things up.

Not mine from Mr Hurel on FB

To answer all the questions.
The body of Cape IW with the head of Rogers CW, the star on the torso and the helmet

18112202272098086.jpg

181122022718492945.jpg

181122022718958906.jpg

181122022720854773.jpg

181122022721581246.jpg

It sure is one of a kind in terms of how bad it is! :rotfl

Worst Steve Rogers sculpt. EVER!

latest

Back