1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the new clothing material. It seems to rest more naturally to the body vs the suit from the Civil War Cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i'm gonna be honest I think you're looking into the headsculpt a little much. Looking at a figure on the shelf you aren't gonna be picking out the nose shortened by a fraction of a mm, nor an ear that's scaled a fraction of an mm smaller. Although these figures are expensive, I think if you like this look for cap, go for it. If not, don't, but I don't think those miniscule differences are going to be any deal breaker unless you like to get close enough to smell your figures on display.

Yeah, you're right...we buy these premium priced high-end figures to admire from a distance, so this way the inaccuracies won't be as noticeable...sure buddy. :cuckoo:

Yeah, you're right...we buy these premium priced high-end figures to admire from a distance, so this way the inaccuracies won't be as noticeable...sure buddy. :cuckoo:
If you call the ears being a fraction of a fraction of a mm smaller in scale than a previous headsculpt an "inaccuracy" then sure buddy. Whatever floats your boat. I'm just saying that me personally, I wouldn't notice such an "inaccuracy" when i'm looking at my figures on display.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think a lot of people are too critical of this sculpt (and many other Hot Toys sculpts), so don't let that deter any prospective buyers out there. It looks amazing. Capt is a Marvel icon, really excited for this figure.

I think a lot of people are too critical of this sculpt (and many other Hot Toys sculpts), so don't let that deter any prospective buyers out there. It looks amazing. Capt is a Marvel icon, really excited for this figure.
Agree 100%

Man, that concept Cap looks so lame next to the others

True in those pics. I just got CC this afternoon and photos really don't do it justice. I have owned all the HT Caps and still own several, i would put the concept right behind my CW as my favorite right now. Looking forward to see how IW Cap looks in hand

If you call the ears being a fraction of a fraction of a mm smaller in scale than a previous headsculpt an "inaccuracy" then sure buddy. Whatever floats your boat. I'm just saying that me personally, I wouldn't notice such an "inaccuracy" when i'm looking at my figures on display.

Nah, it's not about the minor, insignificant stuff...it's more about how this head sculpt is just so average, especially in comparison to all the stellar ones they've been putting out as of late such as: Hela, Yondu, Tony Mk. 46/47, Tom Holland, IW Thor, etc.

This Cap REALLY missed the mark. It's on par with DC IM V Tony sculpt, where it was an older sculpt so HT didn't have their A-game yet, but now we've come to expect HT to have really perfected their craft so they really have no excuse for this blunder.

Nah, it's not about the minor, insignificant stuff...it's more about how this head sculpt is just so average, especially in comparison to all the stellar ones they've been putting out as of late such as: Hela, Yondu, Tony Mk. 46/47, Tom Holland, IW Thor, etc.

This Cap REALLY missed the mark. It's on par with DC IM V Tony sculpt, where it was an older sculpt so HT didn't have their A-game yet, but now we've come to expect HT to have really perfected their craft so they really have no excuse for this blunder.

For me that's 2 for 2 'coz Loki is on PO as well$$$ and he's also close but no cigar. The way my collection is set up figs are in a small room close to a desk so I do get a good view, all the time.

And that hair seam is ridiculous. Sure, maybe it's something I don't see a lot of the time being in back. But I've admired HT's ability to sculpt fine hair strands - TWS Bucky for one - great details all around are what the premium cost is about. The seam looks CHEAP which makes me wonder if HT switched production factories e.g. the head itself is some cheaper vinyl/plastic. HT never sez of course.

those pics. I just got CC this afternoon and photos really don't do it justice. I have owned all the HT Caps and still own several, i would put the concept right behind my CW as my favorite right now. Looking forward to see how IW Cap looks in hand.

There's that. CC Cap is due today. I thought CW Bucky looked better in hand than most pics (tho IMO sculpt still needed work tho great sculpted hair:monkey3).

For myself I can't see canceling re having most of Cap's arc on the shelf + Bucky on PO and I want IW Nat. It's not about whether visitors would notice details. Visitors also instantly recognize a blobby, fixed-stare 20$ toy as Cap.

The Eleven sculpt is getting closer. Definitely picking that up. I don't have much of a problem with the HT sculpt but i feel this figure needs an aggressive expression.
225960a31a37841d250b4996affdf93f.jpg

The Eleven sculpt is getting closer. Definitely picking that up. I don't have much of a problem with the HT sculpt but i feel this figure needs an aggressive expression.
Wow that would look amazing displayed with cap blocking Thanos' punch.

It's on par with HT's sculpt...also side note: that dude needs to clip his nails. :lol

I like Eleven sculpt better, partially because of the likeness it appears, but also intense emotion. You get extra points for trying to sculpt an intense emotion.

Where did you find this? And is it up for preorder yet? Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sculpt looks nothing like the emotion he has when blocking Thanos, for me I only really see Wolverine. Or a Captain America lookalike who's constipated and has lots of plaque in his teeth?

That sculpt doesn’t look anything like Evans, or even have the correct expression.

Personally I think this head sculpt is getting way to hard a time. I can see the likeness.

I don’t see it as being much different to the Infinity Thor HS, which seems to be getting a massive pass! There are angles with that one where it looks nothing like Hemsworth. It’s lucky to be aided by the eye patch.

Back