1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lack of activity on this board just goes to show you what a miss this head sculpt was. :slap

I don’t think this figure is bad at all.. I just prefer my AOU captain America figure just from all the stuff you get to the iconic colors of the CA character and the magnetic shield really makes shield poses so much easier.. if I was to get another CA I think it would be from his last movie he’ll be in A4. But this is a pretty cool figure!!. Now one question I don’t know if it’s been asked but is he on the CA concept body?? Because he doesn’t seem to have the nice slope of the traps with the thick delts..maybe it’s just the thick suit throwing it off??

I don’t think this figure is bad at all.. I just prefer my AOU captain America figure just from all the stuff you get to the iconic colors of the CA character and the magnetic shield really makes shield poses so much easier.. if I was to get another CA I think it would be from his last movie he’ll be in A4. But this is a pretty cool figure!!. Now one question I don’t know if it’s been asked but is he on the CA concept body?? Because he doesn’t seem to have the nice slope of the traps with the thick delts..maybe it’s just the thick suit throwing it off??

From a unboxing video on YouTube posted today

Attachments

• 0106251A-2827-4AF5-9552-A7146DDC9333.jpg
    0106251A-2827-4AF5-9552-A7146DDC9333.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 306
These fires, and Stan Lee just passed away. Man times are tough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah. Storms east and south in the U.S. (my area had insane amount of rain over the spring/summer). Fires in the west.
Losing Stan Lee. It's been harsh.:(:(:(

Well. Anyway. Caught the vid someone mentioned and for me anyway will be real happy to get this Cap.

Just hope the suit holds up as well as BP has. It was interesting in this vid the mention of the difficulties printing on this material.
If I could have only one Cap I prefer cloth; not sure why HT went in this direction for IW Cap.:dunno

I'm in Thousand Oaks too and I can say the Hill Fire was on the cusp of SS. I'm sure they evacuated. They should be back tho, I mean I had to work lol. But I love the idea of the sculpt. Cap with a beard is perfect! I just don't know why it seems a bit off.. either way I think I'm just going to preorder.

Decided to order this figure. The sculpt has really grown on me. I definitely see Evans in it. That comp pic of the concept and I think AOU one vs the IW sold me. He seems to have the best proportions. Legs don’t look as skinny and the traps look better

I’ve been going back on forth on this one since I saw the movie. On one hand I want to wait for Avengers 4, but I know this look will be very different, which is what’s intriguing me, and between Civil War and IW Cap has become my favorite MCU character.

F it, man. You only live once. I’m pulling the trigger on it. If the A4 version is great I’ll sell my original Avengers Cap to put towards it.

I’ve been going back on forth on this one since I saw the movie. On one hand I want to wait for Avengers 4, but I know this look will be very different, which is what’s intriguing me.

F it, man. You only live once. I’m pulling the trigger on it. If the A4 version is great I’ll sell my original Avengers Cap to put towards it.
Lol my thoughts exactly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup! My thoughts too. I don’t have a cap and need one. This one will work just fine, if the A4 is better I’ll get it and sell this one.

Saw this photo on Insta and thought it needed to be shared on here.

Forget the inaccurate hairstyle/color (why did HT give him a mullet?), I think the aspect HT botched the most on this poor excuse of a head sculpt was the nose. They made it wayyyyyy too bulbous. It almost looks like Charlie Cox's nose. :slap

rogers compare.jpg

With distance the likeness is there. Close-up not. They didn't manage to catch that innocent look of Evans.
But I think this body looks to be the best from that comparison picture.

Just hope the suit holds up as well as BP has. It was interesting in this vid the mention of the difficulties printing on this material.
If I could have only one Cap I prefer cloth; not sure why HT went in this direction for IW Cap.:dunno

Yeah that’s weird they went with a vinyl look? It’s very stiff looking on the legs and chest area. Hope there aren’t issues down the road.

With distance the likeness is there. Close-up not. They didn't manage to catch that innocent look of Evans.
But I think this body looks to be the best from that comparison picture.

So if your staring at it so far away that you can barely see it, it kind of looks like Chris Evans? I can buy your argument.

So if your staring at it so far away that you can barely see it, it kind of looks like Chris Evans? I can buy your argument.

com.jpg

Clear now what I meant?

"From distance" is like looking at your figure when standing in front of your shelf, which is usually the case.
So for some people it's maybe enough if the likeness is only there from distance.

I don’t know how this figure can be said to look like Chris Evans.

If you want to say the figure looks good or the suit design is great, or it is a nice alternative representation of Cap as a character, I can buy that argument.

But this does not look remotely close to Chris Evans. To me, it doesn’t really matter that it doesn’t because Cap is Cap, but it’s not HT best work, sculpt wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clear now what I meant?.

I got what you meant. I was utilizing the concept of humor.

Distance often makes everything look better. Note camera alters viewing sizes, by minifying the image, so that first picture is more like standing a decent distance away from your display cabinet if your not using an electronic device. If your standing in front of your cabinet, and viewing your figures through the camera on your phone, the likeness might be okay.

Bedot, agreed. I think its a fine figure, but a few videos online have shown side by side compares of past headsculpts, and the length of the face is noticeably different, and the nose shape is off. It doesn't take much with headsculpts to lose all sense of the original sculpt. This feels like a likeness SS would do.

HT has the first reveal for Avengers 4 toys likely only a few months away, so they are getting out all the figure that will have new figures in 2019. To bad, because I think with some extra time this could have been a great figure.

Back