1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this guy on flex pay and I just keep postponing them. I consider canceling him at least once a week, but I’ve got all the other IW characters except Groot and Rocket...

I keep doing the same with black panther. You should keep this Cap tho. Despite the material it still looks great. I personally love bearded cap

I can agree that it does feel a tad cheap, but I do like the textured appearance. I think that's what they were ultimately going for.

For me personally it’s not really a matter of it looking cheap; I wouldn’t have an issue with it if that’s what the texture of the suit looked like and they were trying to emulate that. It’s more just because it looks inaccurate, and the old cloth suits looked more reminiscent of how it actually looks.

Although if the EG Cap turns out looking really good, something like that wouldn’t preclude me from getting it.

For me personally it’s not really a matter of it looking cheap; I wouldn’t have an issue with it if that’s what the texture of the suit looked like and they were trying to emulate that. It’s more just because it looks inaccurate, and the old cloth suits looked more reminiscent of how it actually looks.

Although if the EG Cap turns out looking really good, something like that wouldn’t preclude me from getting it.

I hear ya. I think EG cap even with this suit material will look good as long as they use the newer bodies for better proportions. Concept Cap uses the same material and imo is one of the best they’ve done.

I hear ya. I think EG cap even with this suit material will look good as long as they use the newer bodies for better proportions. Concept Cap uses the same material and imo is one of the best they’ve done.

For me tho Concept is more tolerable 'coz it's black and just a concept. IMO IW Cap looks okay at a bit of distance - which is probably how most display stuff. I'll probably get EG Cap - depending. 'Coz I already have a fair number of nice Caps. But the scale maille even if it's vinyl:drool

Still, happy for what I have before HT decided to get more plastic-cy with cloth movie costumes. Some of my figs are displayed pretty close on a desk.

View attachment 437146 Cap showed up a day before UPS said he would this week. I think he looks good. The suit is somewhat restrictive but workable. I got the promo version and damn if I don't want Corvus Glaive a little more now.

Nice picture. I want this figure but....not looking so good in some of the videos with the ill-fitting trousers, droopy belt and odd, saw-toothed, pieced-together head scupt look really weird in some photos. I know the window is closing here....gotta make up my mind. It is a unique look for him and shots like matmurdock's here are pretty convincing...

Last edited:
Nice picture. I want this figure but....not looking so good in some of the videos with the ill-fitting trousers, droopy belt and odd, saw-toothed, pieced-together head scupt look really weal in some photos. I know the window is closing here....gotta make up my mind. It is a unique look for him and shots like matmurdock's here are pretty convincing...

Get it! It’s so different from the other Caps, it’s worth it. In-hand, your won’t even notice the saw-tooth hair in the back unless you specifically look for it. I only have the Civil War Cap to compare it to, but the figs complement each other well. Unless Endgame Cap has a new unmasked headsculpt, this will probably be the last, just in my personal opinion, Cap worth purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the feedback, Goldeeh...you're right, it is different from the other releases. As much as I enjoy the classic "Cap" look, my favorite figures of him that I have are WS "Stealth" one and the "Rescue" version from TFA:

STEALTH-CAP-012.jpg

CAP-RESCUE--10.jpg

I'm leaning towards "yes"...if I do, I'll post shots when I get him.

Nice picture. I want this figure but....not looking so good in some of the videos with the ill-fitting trousers, droopy belt and odd, saw-toothed, pieced-together head scupt look really weird in some photos. I know the window is closing here....gotta make up my mind. It is a unique look for him and shots like matmurdock's here are pretty convincing...

The sculpt is amazing in hand.
You’ll love it if you decide to get it.
I think it may end up being one of the most definitive variants of Cap.

Well, after watching a few more video reviews and checking out more "in-hand" shots (wish there were more in here), I've decided to go for it. Should have it be the end of next week. The more I look at it, the more I like this look for him. It's a significant period of time for him in this outfit. I love figures that tell a story when you look at them and this one does.

I'll post some shots when I get him. Thanks to the video reviews, I know what to watch out for and use care with when I get him.

And one last thing...it does help seeing photos in here from other folks. It's that great matmurdoc outdoor shot I quoted above in post #1805 that finally sold me. Great pose, great natural light, really sells the figure! Thank Matt!

I know it sounds so cliche, but truly the sculpt looks much better in person.

After owning so many HT, this is the first time I was wowed by the sculpt in hand, took a picture..and the picture on my phone was just meh. Glad it wasn't me. The sculpt definitely captured Evans probably better than the other sculpts. He looked way younger in hand than in pictures. I have no idea why.

Got this guy Friday after paying off my payment plan. I think he's awesome. I think the head sculpt looks great, and it's such a unique look for Cap. I sold my Steath Suit and Avengers Cap, so right now I have the Rescue FA Cap, FA Cap, AOU Cap, and now this. I am not a huge fan of the Wakandan shields. I just feel like they don't have a lot of "presence" so I gave him Corvus Glaive's weapon and it looks awesome.

Enlight1160 2.jpg

There's quite a few headsculpts that look phenomenal in person and quite off in photos.

Still think one of HT's best headsculpts is Arkham Asylum Joker. Detail and sculpting is phenomenal.

There's quite a few headsculpts that look phenomenal in person and quite off in photos.

Still think one of HT's best headsculpts is Arkham Asylum Joker. Detail and sculpting is phenomenal.

Yup. Joker looks terrible in almost every photo I have seen, and yet, in person, it's one of their best sculpts.

Got this guy Friday after paying off my payment plan. I think he's awesome. I think the head sculpt looks great, and it's such a unique look for Cap. I sold my Steath Suit and Avengers Cap, so right now I have the Rescue FA Cap, FA Cap, AOU Cap, and now this. I am not a huge fan of the Wakandan shields. I just feel like they don't have a lot of "presence" so I gave him Corvus Glaive's weapon and it looks awesome.

View attachment 451959

I like the lighting on this shot. Still waiting for mine to show up... hopefully this week.

You mean the suit material of the figure? If so, yes, it’s that same vinyl material they’re using on EG game as well.

You mean the suit material of the figure? If so, yes, it’s that same vinyl material they’re using on EG game as well.

I just get the feeling that in a few years the suit material is gonna get all stiff and flakey...granted I've got nothing to support this theory, but I've got a strong suspicion that'll be in the case. Perhaps Dr. Strange can look into the future and let us know? :lol

Back