1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This version of a HT Cap is really going to be one of a kind now that it looks like he ditches the beard and outfit in AEG :lecture

Can’t wait for the EG version even if it’s a rehash of the previous outfits. Wonder if HT will make a Quantum Suit :dunno

*Gloomily* I bet they do a scale maille Cap and then down the road do a premium version of the same with true maille $$$$$. Everyone seems to milk their Cap license. Quantum suits dunno - for me it depends on what goes on in film before I get something like that. It's too "niche" for my shelves. And re HT what would I be paying for re production - HT yanking out their Stormtrooper designs and tweaking.

Which may be true for any Cap too, but a Stealth or Classic Cap for me works in the collection. Like I've got CW and CW battle damaged.

*Gloomily* I bet they do a scale maille Cap and then down the road do a premium version of the same with true maille $$$$$. Everyone seems to milk their Cap license. Quantum suits dunno - for me it depends on what goes on in film before I get something like that. It's too "niche" for my shelves. And re HT what would I be paying for re production - HT yanking out their Stormtrooper designs and tweaking.

Which may be true for any Cap too, but a Stealth or Classic Cap for me works in the collection. Like I've got CW and CW battle damaged.

Yeah it’s definitely time for a TFA 2.0 or even the first Avengers film version 2.0 . TFA was a mess but hey it was the first attempt, but my shield has all but deteriorated on that one so maybe after AEG , HT will do a tribute line to the MCU Cap including newer versions from all his films

I agree the TFA Cap looks fine size-wise, but he could use a more accurate head sculpt. As for HT offering an updated version, didn't they essentially do that with the Golden Age release for CA:TWS? Not that it was much of an improvement, but it makes me think a third release is unlikely.

I'm more inclined to think they'll release a Strike Suit 2.0 version, especially since we saw it in the first Endgame trailer. Not that we should believe everything we see in an MCU trailer...

All true.

When it comes to Cap from EG, I think they’ll just make the scaled suit and the Quantum suit. My thinking is that when the MCU is all done, or Chris Evans as Cap at least, they’ll revisit TFA being that it was the first Cap. Granted there’s not a lot of evidence to support that, but that’s just the one I’m inclined to think they’ll revisit.

I’m not so sure Hot Toys will do the Quantum suits. They seem like an easy choice, but if you do one you almost need to do them all. That’s a lot of releases just for an alternate outfit.

I’m not so sure Hot Toys will do the Quantum suits. They seem like an easy choice, but if you do one you almost need to do them all. That’s a lot of releases just for an alternate outfit.

That’s a lot of double dipping for not a lot of effort. Massive $$$ for Hot Toys.

I do think the quantum suits with the War Machine and Iron Man heads look SUPER dumb.

I think that’s why they may do them. They’d be simple choices like you said, and people might be inclined to get all of them because if they get one, they have to get them all.

I think that’s why they may do them. They’d be simple choices like you said, and people might be inclined to get all of them because if they get one, they have to get them all.

Basically need 2 male bodies, 1 female and a bunch of head sculpts with a bunch they already have. Easy money for them.
Oh and one for Rocket. I don’t see them doing 2 figures for him tho. I’d prefer his new suit than quantum realm suit

Basically need 2 male bodies, 1 female and a bunch of head sculpts with a bunch they already have. Easy money for them.
Oh and one for Rocket. I don’t see them doing 2 figures for him tho. I’d prefer his new suit than quantum realm suit

I agree with both of you. The only thing I can think of that will make Hot Toys hesitate is the production capacity of their factories.

:exactly:

I think for this film, they’d probably just do a Quantum suit Rocket. I can’t see them doing another Rocket again so soon after having done the GotG2 and IW ones essentially back to back.

:exactly:

I think for this film, they’d probably just do a Quantum suit Rocket. I can’t see them doing another Rocket again so soon after having done the GotG2 and IW ones essentially back to back.

This is the one time I may actually disagree with you, but I'm fairly certain they're gonna do Rocket in his classic costume! The quantum suit is a maybe in my opinion.

Maybe, but I feel like it could be overkill to be truthful. They can easily do the Quantum suits I agree, but at the same time I feel like more people when given the option will go for the main look for each character. So the Quantum suit versions could potentially be shelf warmers.

You could be right. They may, since I don’t think there will be as many figures from this film as IW.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on why you think there will be fewer figures in Endgame. My gut feeling tells me that Hot Toys will try to milk this line as much as possible because it is most likely the last chance to produce figures for popular characters such as Iron Man, Cap, and Thor (not counting re-releases).

One factor that may result in fewer figures for Endgame is fewer characters left to choose from compared to IW. But I'm not sure if that's what you were thinking.

I feel they're going to hit hard with this line. They played it safe with IW for a reason.

In regards to the quantum suits, I wouldn't be surprised, should they do them, if they approach them the way that they did the Praetorian guards. Two sculpts/figure: Buff suit (Thor and Cap), Slim suit (Tony and Hawkeye), Female Suit (Natasha and Nebula), and then depending on how each of those releases are received, the specials (Rhodey, Rocket, Hulk(?)). All of those main characters are going to get figures, so to run off a couple more heads in production for each figure wouldn't be a wild concept. It's an easy add-on to the manufacturing for a good amount of extra figs.

Maybe, but I feel like it could be overkill to be truthful. They can easily do the Quantum suits I agree, but at the same time I feel like more people when given the option will go for the main look for each character. So the Quantum suit versions could potentially be shelf warmers.

Could be. I agree people will be more apt to go for the main look for a character, but for those who would get the potential Quantum suits, I think they’d be more apt to compete the lineup than those who simply get the main look. Main looks would be easier to just pick and choose which character you want without feeling the need to complete anything. Having the entire team in their Quantum suits would look more complete than just having one particular character in a random suit (Quantum suit) that isn’t related to that character’s regular look in any way.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on why you think there will be fewer figures in Endgame. My gut feeling tells me that Hot Toys will try to milk this line as much as possible because it is most likely the last chance to produce figures for popular characters such as Iron Man, Cap, and Thor (not counting re-releases).

One factor that may result in fewer figures for Endgame is fewer characters left to choose from compared to IW. But I'm not sure if that's what you were thinking.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. :lol

I don’t think they’ll make figures, at least not too many, from the characters who disappeared in IW; especially if they already made an IW figure for them. Which is why I think they’ll do Quantum suit versions of the main characters because it’ll be an easy way to make more figures to milk this line.

I have a feeling though that they’ll do a Nebula, since she’s one of the ones who survived and consequently, I’m guessing will be one of the more main characters.

My list right now would be Cap, Nebula, Iron Man and War Machine(s). That could change 60 minutes into seeing the movie and change drastically at the end of the movie :lol

That’s exactly what I was thinking. :lol

I don’t think they’ll make figures, at least not too many, from the characters who disappeared in IW; especially if they already made an IW figure for them. Which is why I think they’ll do Quantum suit versions of the main characters because it’ll be an easy way to make more figures to milk this line.

I have a feeling though that they’ll do a Nebula, since she’s one of the ones who survived and consequently, I’m guessing will be one of the more main characters.

I see. :) I really hope that they'll do a Nebula. It's about time after she appeared in several movies. :impatient:

It would be just our luck that they only do a QR suit Nebula lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see them doing that. :lol

She’s not a character I see them doing two of in one film, and if they do the QS versions, I think they’d do them for all the characters who wear them so people can complete the lineup.

But who knows, they might do two of her.

tumblr_mwe39n6A741sb16lio4_500.gif

Really wish Wolverine was in endgame he would love the Quantum suits :lol

Back