1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want a scalemail Cap, whatever Iron Man armor or armors (not quantum suit) Nebula if it’s not a quantum suit. Widow if hair is sculpted. Ronin, Rocket for sure, Armored Thanos, one of the War Machines, Hulk depending on how he looks. This will be my last big horrah with Hot Toys & the MCU, will be pricey but oh so much fun

It's weird cause I'm a big Cap fan, yet I only own 1 figure of him. With that being said, I really hope with EG we get all re-tooled and updated 2.0 versions of the older Cap suits with better proportions.

Would love to finally own the strike suits version and even though I hate A1 Cap suit, if they updated it with a better/more accurate headsculpt then I'd be down.

I have them all, plus the ThreeA one, and customs i made myself. I can't be stopping now. He's really the only one i am a completist with(I got about 9 IM armours before IM3 came out, and i was priced out of completing all of the armours, lol).

I'm missing Avengers Cap. It didn't start out that way, but here I am.:cool:

When Avengers Cap was released, i got one, and also picked up a spare suit(My plan was to make the Suit up chamber on the Helicarrier), but i eventually just put it on a body, so i can display him with and without the helmet.

Just received my Movie promo Cap today, love it, could I ask you guys who already own him,

Re- his arm shields when making them larger, the front 'claw' part slides out and the other end lifts a little on a kind of hinge, and then the sides slide open, the part at the elbow end is it supposed to lift in the middle of the shield too ? or does it just lift a little to allow sides to go out then go back down to make the shield line up at the elbow end ?

Just received my Movie promo Cap today, love it, could I ask you guys who already own him,

Re- his arm shields when making them larger, the front 'claw' part slides out and the other end lifts a little on a kind of hinge, and then the sides slide open, the part at the elbow end is it supposed to lift in the middle of the shield too ? or does it just lift a little to allow sides to go out then go back down to make the shield line up at the elbow end ?

Far as I can tell, you can extend the front teeth, and the sides, but nothing really lifts up - other than to let the sides extend.

Finally got mine. Little touch up to fix the beard shape around the mouth. Love this figure :D
9da3db61ffa76d3e92976050126f05b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Finally got mine. Little touch up to fix the beard shape around the mouth. Love this figure :D
9da3db61ffa76d3e92976050126f05b7.jpg

Looks great. This will be my only Cap until the end game CAP comes out. I am collecting all the infinity War figures except Black Widow. He looks great and this figure will always remind me of the CAP who fought desperately to defeat Thanos but ended up in the dirt next to Vision realizing they lost and say.....Oh GOD!!! Great moment. I am so excited for seeing CAP lead the Avengers in End Game. That line...Its going to work. Cause I dont know what Im going to do if it doesnt gives me chills. So pumped for this figure and new movie!!!

Nice shot and pose CupcakeMcGraw! This figure looks great in standing poses since his legs don’t have the best movement. But I do hope HT uses this body for the Endgame figure as the proportions are quite excellent.

Here’s a picture to contribute to the thread:
11a1b030e83395d7ce30465953c7e3d0.jpg

Nice shot and pose CupcakeMcGraw! This figure looks great in standing poses since his legs don’t have the best movement. But I do hope HT uses this body for the Endgame figure as the proportions are quite excellent.

Here’s a picture to contribute to the thread:

Thank you both for sharing your pics! Cap looks great on your pics. It just reinforces my personal theory that the way pictures were taken can have a noticeable effect on how the figure looks. That's why I hear a lot of people saying that some figures look better in person.

My IW Cap is still in storage but your pics make me excited to get it in hand.

Thank you both for sharing your pics! Cap looks great on your pics. It just reinforces my personal theory that the way pictures were taken can have a noticeable effect on how the figure looks. That's why I hear a lot of people saying that some figures look better in person.

It is so much better in person. Is the nose wrong? Yes. But it still overall looks like Evans. I love this Cap. This and EndGame Cap will be my only 2.

Great pictures!

The proportions on this figure do look really good. Though I’m not really a fan of the seemingly vinyl-esque material HT looks to be moving towards with the Cap figures. The texture of the fabric looks a bit too rough for how it actually looks, as I think the previous, smoother cloth based outfits seemed to match the texture of the actual suits a bit better:

original.png

Thanks JB24! Seeing the figures in person takes away any potential lens distortion that can appear in some pictures, which is why it can look very different once you get it in hand. This one certainly does look great!

Great pictures!

The proportions on this figure do look really good. Though I’m not really a fan of the seemingly vinyl-esque material HT looks to be moving towards with the Cap figures. The texture of the fabric looks a bit too rough for how it actually looks, as I think the previous, smoother cloth based outfits seemed to match the texture of the actual suits a bit better:

Thank you SilverStar17! I agree with you on the material. It’s a bit thick as well and hinders the mobility in the hips. I wish he could achieve deeper action poses, but hopefully the Endgame figure will have a more flexible and accurate looking material.

Thank you SilverStar17! I agree with you on the material. It’s a bit thick as well and hinders the mobility in the hips. I wish he could achieve deeper action poses, but hopefully the Endgame figure will have a more flexible and accurate looking material.

Not likely...so far the photos we have seen of the EG figure seems to made of the same material that was used for IW.

Not likely...so far the photos we have seen of the EG figure seems to made of the same material that was used for IW.

Looks like they’re gonna give him the same material as IW so far then. Not sure why though, I don’t think his outfit was ever that type of material in either movie? At least it still looks great standing on display.

What if it's just the material they are gonna use from now on for the more "form fitting" suits.. I'm personally a fan of this material. Only issue might be not being able to stuff the muscles as easy as the cloth is

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What if it's just the material they are gonna use from now on for the more "form fitting" suits.. I'm personally a fan of this material. Only issue might be not being able to stuff the muscles as easy as the cloth is

I hope not. I can totally understand HT using different material to emulate a look that can't be accomplished in real life, Ex: Iron Spider being made with that rubbery plastic material to mimic flexible metal.

What I hope HT doesn't do is substitute material that can be replicated in real life, such as Cap's suit. The actual suit material is fabric, so why isn't the 1/6th version be fabric as well? All the prior ones have been... :dunno

I have this guy on flex pay and I just keep postponing them. I consider canceling him at least once a week, but I’ve got all the other IW characters except Groot and Rocket...

Back