1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe those who have it in hand can give us an idea about how hard they think it might be to remove the blue sweats. My guess is the red sweatshirt wouldn't be that difficult, but the blue sweats underneath might be a different story; perhaps particularly with how they are "tucked" into the socks. I don't have any experiencing in dying clothing, especially for figures. I would prefer it if some third party would make a custom set. (that would also mean you could swap back if you wanted to) BUT, either way, the trick will be to match the red on the fabric on the head,which you are right you would still would want to use, with the new red sweats. Red is a hard color to match and looks bad when it doesn't. A belt might be fun, but also maybe making some custom pouches for his ankles could be cool too.
Hey I just did that :lol :rotfl but taking a closer look it looks tricky. The socks are glued or sewn to the blue pants and they are also somehow connected to the shoes :( The red sweatshirt will come off and the shirt too but the gauntlets are attached to that as well, oye! I'm not gonna try to take any of it off but it just seems like a big headache :lol

I agree completely, it was hard enough to match the red in Photoshop :lol I think our best and maybe only safe option is to get a custom clothing set and put it on a new body

Hey I just did that :lol :rotfl but taking a closer look it looks tricky. The socks are glued or sewn to the blue pants and they are also somehow connected to the shoes :( The red sweatshirt will come off and the shirt too but the gauntlets are attached to that as well, oye! I'm not gonna try to take any of it off but it just seems like a big headache :lol

I agree completely, it was hard enough to match the red in Photoshop :lol I think our best and maybe only safe option is to get a custom clothing set and put it on a new body

Wow, does sound tricky. The question is will a custom set (if anyone even does one) likely come with the web-shooter gauntlets and socks and shoes that look as good. The sweats shouldn't be that hard. Perhaps some collector will take it all apart so we can better see how the clothes work and are attached to know more about how hard it would be to put back together. I wouldn't do it either, at least not first without knowing it can be put back together 'good as new', but I know there are 'braver' collectors who remove costumes all the time and share what they learn about the figures.

I’m away for 2 hours and you’re all planing to undress poor Drama Pete? :rotfl

8014fce92b22be652f4c33c063d83f04.gif

:lol
Personally I prefer this suit over the Tech suit and it seems like a lot of other people feel the same way. This just rocks that almost unlimited articulation and charm that the other doesn't. It's a nice suit and more classic Spidey but yeah this one is much better imo :)

Also Scarlet Spidey :lol
View attachment 386711

Yes Scarlet Spider was my first impression too but then realized it's actually blue Spidey.
Nevertheless one big plus is the lack of fear of stretching the suit such as his knees. My MoS Supe suffered from never recovering loose suit around the knees.
This one you can go full retard!
index.jpg

Many people are saying steam or heat can 'shrink' the stretch material. Have you tried that?

I'm scared it'll make it worse!
That plastic looking fabric with rubberized pattern printed on might come off.
Think of it as a printed t-shirt. The care instructions will say do not iron on print. But yeah that's for the tip. :)
I've taken the boots off and pulled down a bit of slack and it was better. I can live with that.

Awesome looking fig! Congrats on the pick up. Not gunna lie, for sone weird reason I prefer this suit over the regular one. Just me though!

Just preordered mine. I can’t wait to get him. I have the Stark suit deluxe ordered too but I have a feeling I will enjoy posing this guy a lot

31st for me too. So, that means it'll be at my doorstep Feb 14th. Now I gotta work on selling my amazing spidey figures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back