1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Just unboxed the 4. Gorgeous.

Any tips for getting the armor head neck out so I can get RDJ head in there? Can’t get mine to budge.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Just unboxed the 4. Gorgeous.

Any tips for getting the armor head neck out so I can get RDJ head in there? Can’t get mine to budge.

Thanks

Don't pull up, push it forward (like you are moving it so he is looking at his feet) and it will pop out. I can hold mine with one hand and do it with my thumb easily.

Don't pull up, push it forward (like you are moving it so he is looking at his feet) and it will pop out. I can hold mine with one hand and do it with my thumb easily.

Thanks subzro that worked perfect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to recreate the donut scene? Like is there a custom donut display anyone has made yet with Tony sitting in it?

We had the donut discussion awhile ago. To be accurate it would be 5ft tall. I haven’t seen any posts of one either. Someone mentioned getting an inflatable pool tube and painting it. I’m sure the donut could be scaled down to a more manageable size and still look cool. I was just looking at this figure last night wondering how much smaller the donut could be and still look good.

Boy am I beyond frustrated with this guy. The chest piece is missing a magnet so I can't get it to attach to the arm, and I tried for the better part of ten minutes to attempt to get the neck out. I tried the advice in this thread and it still doesn't work and it's to the point where I feel like I'm going to break a $600 figure so I guess I will just display it as is.

Really diminishes my enjoyment of my birthday figure.

20181209_064918.jpg

The chest piece on the figure is missing a magnet or the gantry is missing a magnet on the part that grabs the chest piece? That really sucks you get a piece of this quality and then it has issues like yours does. Still, that set up looks awesome! I really wish I paid the extra to get the SUG set instead of just the Mark 4.

The chest piece on the figure is missing a magnet or the gantry is missing a magnet on the part that grabs the chest piece? That really sucks you get a piece of this quality and then it has issues like yours does. Still, that set up looks awesome! I really wish I paid the extra to get the SUG set instead of just the Mark 4.

The chest piece is missing a magnet on the interior. Same thing happened to my Mark 46 but at least I could find THAT magnet. This one isn't in the box and I didn't see it anywhere on the table or floor.

Good news is after a cup of coffee and applying maximum effort I got the neck out!

The chest piece is missing a magnet on the interior. Same thing happened to my Mark 46 but at least I could find THAT magnet. This one isn't in the box and I didn't see it anywhere on the table or floor.

Good news is after a cup of coffee and applying maximum effort I got the neck out!
That's unfortunate. I'm surprised that HT doesn't include spare magnets since they have a bad habit about coming loose. That's awesome that you got the neck piece out. I haven't even tried removing mine yet. I'm still enjoying the helmeted RDJ head sculpt from the dicast Mark 6 that I got off of eBay on my dicast Mark 4

That sucks about the magnet. I thought I was missing one on the stand but it was attached to the other magnet on the stand. It's not a big deal but yeah you hope pieces that cost this much money would have good glue.

Don't you think Tony Stark HeadScupt in Mark 4 diecast is not nature compared to Mark 47 HeadScupt ?

Boy am I beyond frustrated with this guy. The chest piece is missing a magnet so I can't get it to attach to the arm, and I tried for the better part of ten minutes to attempt to get the neck out. I tried the advice in this thread and it still doesn't work and it's to the point where I feel like I'm going to break a $600 figure so I guess I will just display it as is.

Really diminishes my enjoyment of my birthday figure.

I'm surprised by this. Even with only one of the two chest magnets available you should be able to get the gantry arm to hold it. Are you also balancing the chest piece on the arm's lower gripper?

Was so happy to finally get this piece in... but damn was it a literal pain in the neck. Spent hours trying to get the neck post out until I read you had to use your thumb and finger it from behind.

I also noticed something weird happening with the paint - I would get tiny bits of red/black paint on my hands after posing him for a while, or even changing out hands/armor pieces.

I'm surprised by this. Even with only one of the two chest magnets available you should be able to get the gantry arm to hold it. Are you also balancing the chest piece on the arm's lower gripper?

I currently have to angle it facing upwards. Any slant and the piece hangs down on one side so it's crooked on the gantry arm.

I think this will be my first Iron Man figure. (And Christmas present to myself) Pretty excited!

I like the more serious expression on the OSK sculpt which is a clone of the ... mk 46? right?

I'm reading how hard getting the neck off is, but still. Which version of that OSK sculpt do I want? Neck? with collar? No neck?

For those of you who are curious about Gantry in Detolf, here is the result. I was looking for a solution like this but people were sharing ones with diagonally displayed. Here is my solution. As long as you rotate arms on the left and the right properly, it fits really really nice. Still, you have to spend a lot of time, like an hour, to make it look good if you are as picky as I am :)

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

That's not bad, I have mine diagonally and kind of like it since I can leave a little room in the front corner if I decide to kitbash a Tony figure. I saw someone on FB squeeze it straight on like you but they took the fists off and had the sleeve things all the way up the arms and looked really weird.

That's not bad, I have mine diagonally and kind of like it since I can leave a little room in the front corner if I decide to kitbash a Tony figure. I saw someone on FB squeeze it straight on like you but they took the fists off and had the sleeve things all the way up the arms and looked really weird.

You can fit a figure in front of the gantry in this method. There is a lot of space at the back, I just decided to push it forward.

For those of you who are curious about Gantry in Detolf, here is the result. I was looking for a solution like this but people were sharing ones with diagonally displayed. Here is my solution. As long as you rotate arms on the left and the right properly, it fits really really nice. Still, you have to spend a lot of time, like an hour, to make it look good if you are as picky as I am :)

View attachment 436851

View attachment 436854

Nice display!! Still in awe at the gantry, it's just so friggin' cool to have a mechanically, aesthetically, big, tech-y diorama.

OK, I finally got this one in my collection. WOW. So glad I got the gantry; expensive, yes, but worth the wait/payment plan. The detail on the gantry is amazing, but I think I will add even more decals, decorations and weathering to the arms. Loving how complex this thing is and it's presence is unreal. I don't even want to call it shelf presence, because I am planning on creating a diorama with a custom built hall of armors behind this. Whoever said this item is comparable to the Hulkbuster in terms of presence and cool factor was right!

Back