1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta vent a little bit. I finally received my MKIV with the Suit-up Gantry from Sideshow today (I had it on a payment plan). At first it seemed pretty odd - the shipping box didn't have a Hot Toys label anywhere and it was bent to hell, like someone sat on it. When I opened it up, there was foam and paper inside to pad the Iron Man box. The actual Iron Man box was damaged too. There was even cheap "sticky" plastic to mimic the normal plastic that vertically wraps around the Iron Man box. When I opened it up, one of the extra hands to the figure was not situated properly and was crushed against the foam "Iron Man MKIV" cover and left a huge imprint. The internal foam box looked like someone had taken a razor blade to it as there were huge scratches all over it. The Iron Man figure itself was missing all of the plastic wrappings around the legs, arms, etc. It was pretty clear that the figure had already been used/opened by someone else.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I just opened a case with Sideshow Customer Support. I'm really pissed that they tried to pull this on me. I've ordered at least 20 figures from them over the years and have never had this happen. Why would they do something like this?

That’s concerning, I have a Mark 4 w/gantry due to be paid off in January. If I’m paying retail and shipping, it better be brand new.

Gotta vent a little bit. I finally received my MKIV with the Suit-up Gantry from Sideshow today (I had it on a payment plan). At first it seemed pretty odd - the shipping box didn't have a Hot Toys label anywhere and it was bent to hell, like someone sat on it. When I opened it up, there was foam and paper inside to pad the Iron Man box. The actual Iron Man box was damaged too. There was even cheap "sticky" plastic to mimic the normal plastic that vertically wraps around the Iron Man box. When I opened it up, one of the extra hands to the figure was not situated properly and was crushed against the foam "Iron Man MKIV" cover and left a huge imprint. The internal foam box looked like someone had taken a razor blade to it as there were huge scratches all over it. The Iron Man figure itself was missing all of the plastic wrappings around the legs, arms, etc. It was pretty clear that the figure had already been used/opened by someone else.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I just opened a case with Sideshow Customer Support. I'm really pissed that they tried to pull this on me. I've ordered at least 20 figures from them over the years and have never had this happen. Why would they do something like this?

I have ordered over 150 figures from them over the years without any issues. I did get a figure from BBTS like that once a few years ago. Interested to see what they say.

How was it shipped? Could have someone opened it during shipping?

No I'm not joking, I know sculpts look different to people but it's still RDJ close. Are you the one joking? Like I said, you can't say it doesn't look anything like him because that's just incorrect.

It kinda passes for RDJ, but I agree with DirtyBike...the sculpt looks like someone trying to pass as RDJ. It's quite pitiful, especially since HT revamped the entire Mk. V DC, but couldn't bother with updating the head sculpt? C'mon that's just plain lazy...

I’ve never had that issue with SS. That definitely sounds like someone on the transit route caused some damage to the package and tried to “fix it” to complete delivery. Shipper company avoids having to return to sender and pay the insurance.

Cannot see SS sending out that package in that condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's a UPS problem. UPS doesn't really care about the package.

i have had it once with my Mark 42. wrote to sideshow and they claimed its new, but i suspect not. because the shipper box tape was double taped, Mk42 shoulder was dislodged(although its common for Mk42) and the telltale sign was, the plastic wrappings around arms and legs were retaped badly. the styrofoam cover was loose, apparently opened at least few times . u know it was a HT is brand new vs opened and resealed. was a bad beat but it happened once to me so far

Looks like it's a UPS problem. UPS doesn't really care about the package.

I initially thought that too but someone definitely opened it up and took the figure out to look at it/display it - most of the plastic normally wrapped around the IM figure is missing. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

I received only one figure double taped but I didn't complain about it because I dont really know if is normal or something, because the figure as I checked was new and everything ok (the figure was batman battle damage)

Sideshow has been busted for resending returns as brand new in the past. It's been verified on forums with edition size numbered statues.

Finally got my figure in...gotta say, she’s gorgeous...love the red and gold simplicity.

A872FCE1-2BFA-485C-A5AB-C5B2788E2AC9.jpg

C719B80F-67B0-4998-8EF8-BE7A8C0D720F.jpg

No I'm not joking, I know sculpts look different to people but it's still RDJ close. Are you the one joking? Like I said, you can't say it doesn't look anything like him because that's just incorrect.

No, I'm not joking either. Nobody's joking... In a movie this would be the point that one of us pulls a gun... :)

As you say people don't have the same level of visual awareness - that's why some people are artists and some aren't. As I said earlier I used to be a portrait painter for a living so I can say it looks nothing like him. Sorry about that. :)

No, I'm not joking either. Nobody's joking... In a movie this would be the point that one of us pulls a gun... :)

As you say people don't have the same level of visual awareness - that's why some people are artists and some aren't. As I said earlier I used to be a portrait painter for a living so I can say it looks nothing like him. Sorry about that. :)

That's not what I was referencing at all, not about visual awareness. Thanks for the insult.

It has nothing to do with being an artist, it's not like anyone who can see well is an artist. I could care less if you were a portrait painter in your past, the ability to paint has nothing to do with that. It's nice you must feel so much better than everyone because of your past career. Please keep mentioning it.

That's not what I was referencing at all, not about visual awareness. Thanks for the insult.

It has nothing to do with being an artist, it's not like anyone who can see well is an artist. I could care less if you were a portrait painter in your past, the ability to paint has nothing to do with that. It's nice you must feel so much better than everyone because of your past career. Please keep mentioning it.

Hey Dukefett - I wasn't insulting you - please don't feel that, that's totally not the case man and I totally don't want you to feel that - I will apologise if I offended you.

I can't deny the fact that I am an artist. I'm sorry if mentioning it made me sound like an arse. I was just trying to make the point that I'm closer to the people who sculpt the HT heads than a regular punter and I can see when they've not really done good work - which is the case with the Mark V sculpt.

Hey Dukefett - I wasn't insulting you - please don't feel that, that's totally not the case man and I totally don't want you to feel that - I will apologise if I offended you.

I can't deny the fact that I am an artist. I'm sorry if mentioning it made me sound like an arse. I was just trying to make the point that I'm closer to the people who sculpt the HT heads than a regular punter and I can see when they've not really done good work - which is the case with the Mark V sculpt.

Nah, don't feel bad DirtyBike...I and many other people out there agree that this sculpt is off and certainly inferior to the newer releases.

Back