1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called them 4 days ago about mine that I’m still waiting on, they said they have another shipment coming this month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone who bought the IV without the Gantry from SS - Were you able to get a pack out (double boxed?)

Yea my account is set up to always have pack-outs and this one didn't. I didn't realize how much bigger it was than a regular figure until I received the Deadpool 2 figure and had them both sitting next to each other.

Sideshow always tells me Iron Man figures are too big to pack out. Apparently they only have one size box that they use for pack outs and it only fits standard figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they told me all the DC Iron Man's are too big but I've bought a couple in the past and they came in a pack out so was just seeing if anyone here got it boxed.

Yea my account is set up to always have pack-outs and this one didn't. I didn't realize how much bigger it was than a regular figure until I received the Deadpool 2 figure and had them both sitting next to each other.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Sideshow always tells me Iron Man figures are too big to pack out. Apparently they only have one size box that they use for pack outs and it only fits standard figures.

lol how absurd for one of the biggest distributor of large figures and statues in the US(? world?). They don't have one bigger ****ing box laying around? It's large but not THAT big.

lol how absurd for one of the biggest distributor of large figures and statues in the US(? world?). They don't have one bigger ****ing box laying around? It's large but not THAT big.

Yes, absurd is the right word. Especially when charging $10 for the pack-out service. Plus they send larger boxes to retailers on a daily basis. Just not to their direct customers. [emoji107]

I still don't understand the pack out thing. I have received almost 150 figures over the years with no pack out and never had any issue. If i got a pack outs for all those that would have been $1500 for cardboard that would would have been tossed in the trash.

I’m a fan of the pack-outs mostly since I have things delivered to the office and a lot of nosy people around that receive the mail, don’t feel like having to answer about whatever is on the box.

I still don't understand the pack out thing. I have received almost 150 figures over the years with no pack out and never had any issue. If i got a pack outs for all those that would have been $1500 for cardboard that would would have been tossed in the trash.

To each their own. Some of us like the boxes to be mint. Others like you don't care. Neither is the wrong way to collect.

I actually really like the idea of the pack out, but I would never pay for it. Like sub said, it comes out to hundreds of dollars extra for tossed cardboard.

Besides extra protection during shipping, another thing that a pack out provides is a bit of privacy/security for when packages are left at your door. It's not an issue with Sideshow as they require a signature upon delivery, but for others that do not (BBTS, Alter Ego & PCZ to name three), it's nice that their packages don't announce to the world exactly what's inside. Of course, it's also nice that they don't charge extra for it. :)

yea I'm not sure what's worse, that SSC can't accommodate a bigger box like the Diecast figures, or the fact that they charge 10 extra dollars to do something that just about every other retailer does for free. You'd think for 10 extra dollars (not to mention how much SSC already charges for shipping), they could go out of their way to double-pack any sized figure if you're willing to pay for it.

I’ve had some terrible luck with shippers, so I’ve gotten pack-outs for years. As a result I’ve come to appreciate a pristine shipper.

But the pack-out charge has been $10 for as long as I can remember (10 years?), so I fear it will be raised soon. The only thing worse though would be if they stop offering it altogether.

Regarding box size, I assume if you order 2 of the same figure directly from Sideshow (or 2 in-stock figures at the same time) they will cough up a bigger box box to ship them together. Which makes their “too big to pack out” excuse even more maddening.

Back