1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't plan on getting the Gantry version but I don't have the original one.

Also, the mark VI was a homerun (for me) and I couldn't get a second one so this will fill that in for me. It's really too bad that the Mark II and III fell short (pun intended) of my expectations. I would have been all in on the original 7 in diecast assuming they make the mark I.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The 2 and 3 do seem a bit underscaled to me too. But the 5 also seems just as overscaled. Don't get me wrong I love the diecast 5 but it strikes me as odd that so many people take huge issue with the 2 and 3 but say nothing about the 5.

The 2 and 3 do seem a bit underscaled to me too. But the 5 also seems just as overscaled. Don't get me wrong I love the diecast 5 but it strikes me as odd that so many people take huge issue with the 2 and 3 but say nothing about the 5.
I actually share the same sentiment. The V looks great but next to older diecast releases it does stand out from the crowd with its proportions overall. I had it next to my WM Mark II and it looks like it has a big head haha.

Hopefully the VII doesn't end up with some variable scale.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The V is maybe a smidge tall, but I appreciate the bigger helmet, as it’s more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the gantry version on PO just in case the gantry version is out of stock.
The only place left in Australia that had the gantry advertised for PO but right after my order, it became out of stock.
Just to be on the safe side, I also PO the regular.

d4a.gif

View attachment 420005

How I feel

I finally PO’d this after a bit of deliberation. I missed out on the Mk VI and can’t justify the going rate for it right now.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to cancel or keep my PO for this one. I have so much Iron Man in my collection as it is and can't quite decide if this is a must have.

Does anyone have an opinion on how this one might compare against the other recent releases like the Mark VI & V?

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to cancel or keep my PO for this one. I have so much Iron Man in my collection as it is and can't quite decide if this is a must have.

Does anyone have an opinion on how this one might compare against the other recent releases like the Mark VI & V?

It will be pretty much exactly the same in appearance as the VI except for the chest plate and the silver accents. The chest piece might light up more evenly on this one as it wasn't that diffuse on the VI.

There won't be any battle damaged parts if you like that look.

I think it will be right in line with the Mark V and VI, comparison-wise.
Hot Toys pretty much lumped the 4-5-6 together as a "group", and the die cast releases
kind of followed that pattern. I have not PO'd this one yet, but am starting to think
I need to, if I want to get the set at retail price.

As soon as these die cast figures are released, there seems to be a price spike now.

I think the V and VI are clearly the better figures compared to the IV if you could only have two of the three. VI has a better face sculpt and base, and both the V and V have battle damage parts and lots of interchangeable/opening armor pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like battle damage parts but the Gantry is what really sells it for me. If I wasn't getting the Gantry version I guess I'd go for the 6 over this one.

I think the V and VI are clearly the better figures compared to the IV if you could only have two of the three. VI has a better face sculpt and base, and both the V and V have battle damage parts and lots of interchangeable/opening armor pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The IV has all the parts the vi does except the chest plate.

The ultimate Iron Man is Mark III for me, because it's where Tony Stark officially became Iron Man and I love that movie.
And Mark IV is as close as it gets currently from all sixth die cast figures. So definitely Mark IV for me.

Back