1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is pretty similar at first glance bro. No need to be condescending.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

at a first glance, ok...

but who here orders anything based on a glance..? we get tons of pictures and source material, not to mention if youre a fan you likely sat through 6+ hours of movies, and one would reasonably think you would have plenty of time to see the differences... Like I said, if he cant see the difference he is probably in the wrong hobby

It just funny that people thought I was crazy to think they would release the original 7 in die cast. Lots of posts from YP, LS, GZ and a couple others had to be deleted and eventually the thread got locked.

Revistionist history yet again, you just cant seem to drop anything

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/139603-glad-late-party.html

no posts deleted either

and none of my comments were stating you were crazy for thinking theyd get redone, I think everyone thought that but jumped on you for your Holier than though attitude

Last edited:
I guess I misunderstood what that was. I didn't realize you start paying before the figure is released. Why not just pay for it when it's released instead of giving Sideshow the money earlier?

I guess for multiple reasons.

There is always a risk of the item getting sold out before it’s released.

And some people also find it easier to save money via these flex payments.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I guess I misunderstood what that was. I didn't realize you start paying before the figure is released. Why not just pay for it when it's released instead of giving Sideshow the money earlier?
$50-60 a month for 5 or 6 months is much easier to swallow than $360 all at once.

In this case for the gantry $70 for 8 months is a far better than $635 all at once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Revistionist history yet again, you just cant seem to drop anything

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/139603-glad-late-party.html

no posts deleted either

and none of my comments were stating you were crazy for thinking theyd get redone, I think everyone thought that but jumped on you for your Holier than though attitude

Holy Toledo, that was definitely going down mammory lane. Now I selfishly want to go find the pic I had in there. :lol

Yeah we were definitely as the talking heads like to sing, on the "Road to Nowhere" haha.

Found it......

LZXTtc5.jpg

People are financially ****ed?

I mean, OT for Hot Toys?

FFS's

$50-60 a month for 5 or 6 months is much easier to swallow than $360 all at once.

In this case for the gantry $70 for 8 months is a far better than $635 all at once.

It's the same thing. 2+2 = 4 no matter how you do it. Set money aside, jesus.

Better yet, don't get **** you can't afford. (not necessarily you). I mean, if you can't save money for ****, then yeah, I guess flex is a "better" - lol - option but it is not different at the end by any means. It's just an interest free loan to SSC that I'm sure they appreciate, specially when people that can't afford the damn stuff to begin with cancel left and right!

lol

Last edited:
It's the same thing. 2+2 = 4 no matter how you do it. Set money aside, jesus.

Better yet, don't get **** you can't afford. (not necessarily you)
Different preferences I guess. I'm fully aware that it's the same amount in the long run, but it just feels better coming out in smaller payments, to me at least.

Plus there is the added bonus of guaranteeing that you'll get the figure. While a lot of the recent releases are still available after they come out, there is still the chance that the figure gets waitlisted earlier than expected.

Different preferences I guess. I'm fully aware that it's the same amount in the long run, but it just feels better coming out in smaller payments, to me at least.

Plus there is the added bonus of guaranteeing that you'll get the figure. While a lot of the recent releases are still available after they come out, there is still the chance that the figure gets waitlisted earlier than expected.

I think my confusion started an unnecessary discussion in this thread. I think I understand what the flex is now, but personally don't see the benefits. I'm also able to reserve a figure with by paying the NFD, so don't see the benefit for using flex. But I digress. Back to the Mark IV. Still waffling back and forth on whether or not to get this.

I think my confusion started an unnecessary discussion in this thread. I think I understand what the flex is now, but personally don't see the benefits. I'm also able to reserve a figure with by paying the NFD, so don't see the benefit for using flex. But I digress. Back to the Mark IV. Still waffling back and forth on whether or not to get this.

And you are absolutely right. There's zero benefits from it, zero.

Unless you are SSC.

Well I'm personally contemplating the new MkIV because Iron Man 2 is really the film in the franchise that I rewatch the most, and the film that got me into Hot Toys (not my first foray into 1/6 scale collecting though) in the first place. Those older MkIV and MkVI releases really had a wow factor, so it'll be great to update them now that things have moved on. I'm not an MCU completist by any means, but it'll be wonderful to be able to put the IV, V, VI trio together.

I'm finding it slightly sad that inevitably this place has descended into the usual bickering, be it vaguely on topic or on imagined scenarios regarding other people's personal finances but c'est la vie.

I do hope that the new MkIV is as spectacular as the old one felt back in the day. From the owners' photos of the new MkVI it probably will be. (Lol - I may well setup the diner scene with the old figure now that it'll no longer be the only MkIV in my collection. I get a feeling that old MkIV will become the 'stunt double' figure in my 1/6 Marvel group that gets used for a lot of silly little photostories that I usually don't contemplate with these rather expensive toys.)

It's more than just numbers. For the record though, I agree with you: I personally don't think there's a benefit to flex pay. But the psychological aspect does matter to some individuals. If it makes them happy, it's a win for everyone even though the money leaving the pockets is exactly the same.

If I had to accomplish a single task doing it any way I would like, I'd rather do it happily than angrily (or whatever negative emotion) even if it has no bearing on the end result.

Back