1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you got ripped. Unless they don't reimburse shipping (which is likely).

Welcome to the wide world of HT Iron Man. You're going to be sorry. Well, not you, your wallet. Iron Men are the Ferraris of HT.

Nah its because the exchange rate was different on the day he paid to now, and paypal and credit card companies charge fees everytime you convert currencies

I am really surprised no one in the US had tried to make and market something similar to Soap Reactor.
I would assume you could get it manufactured and come in cheaper selling it direct in the United States.

It seems like a great product, but comes in way too damn expensive to power a figure.

I am really surprised no one in the US had tried to make and market something similar to Soap Reactor.
I would assume you could get it manufactured and come in cheaper selling it direct in the United States.

It seems like a great product, but comes in way too damn expensive to power a figure.

Cheaper? To manufacture electronics in the US? :lol

Sorry, I mis-worded that… my thought was someone in the US would probably be able to get these manufactured and
out there cheaper than the way Soap Reactor is doing it. Larger scale manufacturing of the parts to come in at
a cheaper MSRP, and no overseas shipping charges. I am sure they would still be "manufactured" overseas.

Sorry, I mis-worded that… my thought was someone in the US would probably be able to get these manufactured and
out there cheaper than the way Soap Reactor is doing it. Larger scale manufacturing of the parts to come in at
a cheaper MSRP, and no overseas shipping charges. I am sure they would still be "manufactured" overseas.

Right, except the importer would have to pay for shipping and import duties and then download that cost onto the consumer.

I had this figure preordered from a seller in HK and it seems he's not getting it... F$#k!!! What is the purpose of preordering???
Anyone knows anywhere I can get it at a normal price?? I'd hate to pay scalpers on eBay...
I know it's a long shot, but I have to try...

I had this figure preordered from a seller in HK and it seems he's not getting it... F$#k!!! What is the purpose of preordering???
Anyone knows anywhere I can get it at a normal price?? I'd hate to pay scalpers on eBay...
I know it's a long shot, but I have to try...

You're going to have to deal with the aftermarket now I dont think it's in stock anywhere anymore.

60F19326-04D8-41B8-9261-52880F0917AF.jpg

2E58CE7B-57F6-416D-9C50-E3737AD8B545.jpg

9DC3EAFC-A50A-4A68-92E0-30655D8E010B.jpg

31D3AE94-62CC-4A8E-B8DD-757E6C7AF566.jpg

I never noticed the smallish head on the 45 until now, especially against the VI. I still prefer the 45 to the 46 though. Not sure why.

That's the real reason they didn't include a Tony sculpt - the helmet's too small.

You like the 45 more because of the lines on the faceplate: the 46 looks confused, the 45 looks angry... :)

IMG_0963.jpg

That's the real reason they didn't include a Tony sculpt - the helmet's too small.

You like the 45 more because of the lines on the faceplate: the 46 looks confused, the 45 looks angry... :)

View attachment 432591

Wow, what a difference. Maybe that's another reason why the 45 just never looked right to me. The tiny head. That looks like the heads of 2 differently sized/scaled Iron Man figures.

Still don't think a Tony head works with the 45 because it was never in the movie, but that's just me..

View attachment 432591

initially the lines on the faceplate were the reason I did not like 46 or 47 but it has grown so much on me that I just ordered the concept art of 46.

lines in the 46 faceplate remind me of my favourite comic book designs

Wow, what a difference. Maybe that's another reason why the 45 just never looked right to me. The tiny head. That looks like the heads of 2 differently sized/scaled Iron Man figures.

I lined up all my current Iron man heads. Well, all except Igor. :)

The Mark 45 is the smallest next to the Silver Centurion. The Mark 46 is the biggest. The Diecast mark 5 and Mark 6 and Starboost are as long as the 46 but narrower.

The only one that can actually realistically fit the Tony Stark headsculpt is the Mark 46. All the others are either two narrow or two short and narrow.

Interestingly the Mark 5 and 6 diecast are proportioned accurately with the latest head, but the supplied helmets are still too small to be anatomically correct. The Mark 46 remains the only suit Hot Toys has made that could realistically fit Tony inside if you include the body and the helmet. Perhaps that's why they used that for the 10th anniversary figure.

iron man heads.jpg

Back