1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, I cancelled the TYS gantry because I didnt want to pay USD $80 for shipping, the refund they gave me was a little less than what I paid, I paid $226 CAD and thhey refuned me $212.3 CAD, is it due to the exchange rate or something? I thought refunds were supposed to be exactly how much I paid not converted based on exchange rate at the time of refund, is this normal?

No, you got ripped. Unless they don't reimburse shipping (which is likely).

Got my first IM figure this week! Trying to set him up now...

Welcome to the wide world of HT Iron Man. You're going to be sorry. Well, not you, your wallet. Iron Men are the Ferraris of HT.

I still have only two iron Man, one being hulkbuster. Waited 6 years to get one. No real interest in another one except maybe a Mark 1 rerelease. Have managed to stay away from getting on that iron Man crack rodeo, and my wallet still likes me.

hey guys, I cancelled the TYS gantry because I didnt want to pay USD $80 for shipping, the refund they gave me was a little less than what I paid, I paid $226 CAD and they refunded me $212.3 CAD, is it due to the exchange rate or something? I thought refunds were supposed to be exactly how much I paid not converted based on exchange rate at the time of refund, is this normal?

You ordered from KGHobby, correct? I wouldn't go by the CAD rate on their site at the time of order. Their exchange rate tables weren't up-to-date when I ordered, so what I paid was different than what was listed in USD. They charge in HKD, then it's converted. Probably the same process when your money is refunded.

No, you got ripped. Unless they don't reimburse shipping (which is likely).

Shipping isn't charged until it's actually shipped, so that's not the case here.

hey guys, I cancelled the TYS gantry because I didnt want to pay USD $80 for shipping, the refund they gave me was a little less than what I paid, I paid $226 CAD and thhey refuned me $212.3 CAD, is it due to the exchange rate or something? I thought refunds were supposed to be exactly how much I paid not converted based on exchange rate at the time of refund, is this normal?

Some places charge a restock fee. I've been charged for one before on a body panel for a car that hadn't even been fabricated yet, heh.

Got my first IM figure this week! Trying to set him up now...

O...oh...oh my God. Iron Man. The paint, the, the engineering. The screen accuracy. It’s, it’s marvelous. It’s beautiful. It’s so beautiful.

Maybe I could get just one more. One. To have a small taste of the Hall of Armor look. And maybe a War Machine just to round things off nicely. Maybe.

O...oh...oh my God. Iron Man. The paint, the, the engineering. The screen accuracy. It’s, it’s marvelous. It’s beautiful. It’s so beautiful.

Maybe I could get just one more. One. To have a small taste of the Hall of Armor look. And maybe a War Machine just to round things off nicely. Maybe.

200w_d.gif

You ordered from KGHobby, correct? I wouldn't go by the CAD rate on their site at the time of order. Their exchange rate tables weren't up-to-date when I ordered, so what I paid was different than what was listed in USD. They charge in HKD, then it's converted. Probably the same process when your money is refunded.

Shipping isn't charged until it's actually shipped, so that's not the case here.

so there is nothing I can do?

Some places charge a restock fee. I've been charged for one before on a body panel for a car that hadn't even been fabricated yet, heh.

it is not a restock fee, because they were the ones who told me to get a refund because they listed their shipping price wrong

so there is nothing I can do?

If you actually paid the higher amount & have a credit card statement or PayPal transaction to prove it, I suggest that you send them a message on their site, politely point out the discrepancy (attach the proof) & ask for the difference. The worst thing that can happen is they say no.

How in the sweet history of HELL am I supposed to install these damned helmet batteries with the face plate SUPER magnate pulling them out as fast as I can lay them in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve tried multiple times now, and I conclude this is simply impossible :gah:

These magnets are SO strong I can’t even get the batteries in the VICINITY of the slots before they are pulled away. No clue what to do or what to try next. I’m actually beginning to wonder if they used the wrong magnets for this batch. I’m not exaggerating here. It’s impossible.

I think someone said tape the magnets together and insert all at once.

Last edited:
:lol I'm picturing QuiGon trying to get the batteries in, then -- snap! -- onto the head it goes. He tries again and -- snap! --

How many times did you have to get up to walk it off?

Another Iron Man noob here. The air in my house was blue, I can tell you. I had to go out for a walk at one point as it was close to going through the lounge window. Finally got there through a lot of fumbling around (although I'm still not sure how I managed it). Will definitely remember the tape trick for next time.

Back