1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday for me.

All who are saying "Amazing how fast DHL is"/24 hours, where are you?

Cali to Miss is 4 days shipping via UPS.

It's not just you, and I think the difference you see in that regard are true to the movie designs. I believe there was a deliberate attempt with thee MkIII design to make him look "heroic" with real broad shoulders tapered down to his waist but they moved away from these exaggerated proportions for the Iron Man 2 armors which I think works better. But I still love the MKIII because it was the first red and gold armor in the movies and reminds me of the classic comic version. With that said, I also can't wait for the MkVI, it looks absolutely perfect.

Mine will be here Friday! :clap

I think they might have also made the change because of how overly bulky the top half looked on RDJ anytime he took the helmet off. Which was especially noticeable in IM2. So after that they tried to make the armor look more proportional to him.

Ontario, Canada...24 hours DHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious how much do they charge you for DHL? What about import tax and stuff? Asking cause I'm also in Ontario

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

52fc0d61b100bf149dab53d8ad06e8c0.jpg

63cb41e951caadcb387d2cf698a3547b.jpg

23ab721deeee59854ced9966dc7e4ab8.jpg

That last picture I think shows how good the colouring is on this. They got it pretty close to being accurate.

Just curious how much do they charge you for DHL? What about import tax and stuff? Asking cause I'm also in Ontario

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Brutal — I used to order from SSC a lot but have since found other retailers. It’s just that I had a bunch of reward points to burn. A regular 1/6 will run around $50CAD in duties; shipping in the usual $30-$40USD from SSC, high but offset in that it gets here in 24 hours.

You’re generally going to do better ordering from Hong Kong. The only advantage from SSC is payment plans if want those, and most importantly, I’ve found their customer service is generally quick and efficient. HK is problematic for that just due to distance and shipping.

Got my shipping email from SS. It's official, coming in tomorrow! Can't wait to see everyone's pictures this week.

Brutal — I used to order from SSC a lot but have since found other retailers. It’s just that I had a bunch of reward points to burn. A regular 1/6 will run around $50CAD in duties; shipping in the usual $30-$40USD from SSC, high but offset in that it gets here in 24 hours.

You’re generally going to do better ordering from Hong Kong. The only advantage from SSC is payment plans if want those, and most importantly, I’ve found their customer service is generally quick and efficient. HK is problematic for that just due to distance and shipping.

Did you get hit with duties every single time?

Did you get hit with duties every single time?

Every single time. I still order from SS though (also Ontario) just because they are so great at dealing with QC issues -- I think of the extra cost like buying insurance. I had a small issue with my Hulkbuster and they replaced him for me with no hassle at all.

Every single time. I still order from SS though (also Ontario) just because they are so great at dealing with QC issues -- I think of the extra cost like buying insurance. I had a small issue with my Hulkbuster and they replaced him for me with no hassle at all.

They are much less good at dealing with QC these days. You’d probably be better off with BBTS or someone else. Sideshow used to be great, but not in the last two years or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back