1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish he pointed out exactly what parts are diecast.

I assume the attachments are all plastic... but what's diecast?

Also, this is good filler until HT delivers an actual ALL DIECAST version. And it will.

Should be the legs and bicep that are diecast (and maybe a couple other little pieces here and there) and the body, feet, forearms and head plastic. I don't have it in hand yet but have all the other DC figures so far and that is the way most of them are.

E15FBE3D-573D-4A38-8273-A7CBA365B9FF.jpg
Should be the legs and bicep that are diecast (and maybe a couple other little pieces here and there) and the body, feet, forearms and head plastic. I don't have it in hand yet but have all the other DC figures so far and that is the way most of them are.

Aren't the old ones too small? That's been my understanding. And the last Iron Man I had (the very first Mark III) was definitely too small to be a suit of armor with a man inside.
I think the new ones are actually too big in comparison with other figures. Here's a pic below of the Mark I diecast War Machine next to some other MCU figures. The Vision figure is the same height as Thor.

The scale is tough when it comes to Iron Man figures if you are talking "realism" (Man in a suit) because even the movies cheat the scale. The one thing that makes no sense is how much taller Tony is in the suit compared to out of it. It's one thing to be standing on some thick soles making someone a tad taller but if you tried to figure out what kind of body would be in those armors the arms and legs would be so stretched out it would be ridiculous. With the height of many of these IM and WM figures, it just doesn't work. Armor should make them thicker more than taller- but that wouldn't look as cool. :lol

Great review. I was actually not as excited about my pre-order lately until seeing this because I don't feel really I need that many versions of Iron Man. But I think this will easily be the best Iron Man out of the few IM figures I have (DC MKIII, MK33, War Machine 3); and provide some fun contrast and advancement in terms of design and craftsmanship compared to what I already have. I think this will be a great one to have.

I can't wait to place new and old armors side by side in closer scale to one another...very close to 429.99 can't wait!:cuckoo:

The scale is tough when it comes to Iron Man figures if you are talking "realism" (Man in a suit) because even the movies cheat the scale. The one thing that makes no sense is how much taller Tony is in the suit compared to out of it. It's one thing to be standing on some thick soles making someone a tad taller but if you tried to figure out what kind of body would be in those armors the arms and legs would be so stretched out it would be ridiculous. With the height of many of these IM and WM figures, it just doesn't work. Armor should make them thicker more than taller- but that wouldn't look as cool. :lol

Good point. Realistically Iron Man should be...kinda short and fat looking.

Only nitpicks about the figure are that it didn't come with that "Newly developed helmeted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark". I was hoping we'd get a never before seen head sculpt for Tony, tho it still looks great.

And that it didn't have a few more battle damaged parts.

Besides that it is amazing amazing amazing. I am really excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it like the 45? I have that one.

I guessing it is. They could have changed something but the last few (including the DC war machines) have been very similar on where the DC is.

069e1d22249f260f89e7a305552a4789.jpg

So funny how different the two inner chest parts are on the Mark 6s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder which one is accurate to the movie -- if either are?

I kind of like the old plastic arc better.

EDIT: looks like the newer is more accurate, at least to Iron Man 2

imchestrt2.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder which one is accurate to the movie -- if either are?

I don't think we see much of what is just behind the first level of armor much in the movies though it seems to be a feature on almost every IM figure. I just always assumed this was generally a bit of creative license from Hot Toys in most cases. Although someone did post a screenshot on the previous page I think is from this armor...

Looks like the new one is slightly more accurate, but still far from exact.

Yep, sorry Jaymas was updating when you posted.

its all good :duff

But, while we are on the topic, looking at the screen cap I am amazed at the potential for detail left on the table here. I mean I don't blame Hot Toys for not investing too too much because most of the time it's covered up, but objectively speaking there is so much more intricacy in the mechanics under the plate of armor needed to truly be 'accurate'.

Yeah, the basics are all there but very simplified. Can't blame them though. As you said, no one would display the armor with chest off. I suppose we're lucky they did anything close to accurate -- they could have went with flat, no-detail space like the inside of most helmets.

Gives y'all something to look forward to in the next iteration of revised armors in the future.

After watching Xenom0rph's review, I succumbed to temptation and ordered it. I'm so weak - I swore I wasn't going to go the diecast upgrade route, but now I have both this and the Mark IV + Gantry on order! :lol The nice part is that a 10% off promo code popped up right before I was going to burn a bunch of reward points, so I opted for that instead.

Is it me or the DC MKVI Arc reactor isn't as bright as the other Iron Man Arc reactors?

Back