1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this above retail back when it was shipping from ssc. Overpaid and never looked back.

Just got the 4 in too and realizing only now that it’s pretty much the same figure sans paint app and chest plate.

Regrets. Yeah wished I’d not overpaid in a panic but at same time the 6 is my personal favorite So happy to have this and the 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still my favorite armor tEFZLAf.jpg

Man, I still need to find this guy. I thought I was fine without it, but just recently noticed my MMS132 has started fading.

Pink panties suck.

I probably wouldn't mind them on something (or someone) else other than my Iron Man figures. :wink1:

I'm only considering this after recently taking a plunge on both Mark II and Mark IV die-cast, and have the Mark III already. Should I turn my mind to the MMS171 (Avengers 1 Mark VI Promo version) or the Disney Shanghai version as cheaper alternatives? Did HT find a fix for the issue on everything starting from Mark VII onward (mine didn't seem to have any issues so far)?

The shanghai appears to be improved and not fsding..... yet. Would definitely be a cheaper alternative if you are wanting to be budget conscious. Though I will say the VI is just as lovely as the IV you already have. So you know why you are getting with the diecast. If you get the regular vi it is such a significant size difference it could bug you. Especially if you want to potentially do a HOA display.

Yeah. Had an HOA display with the original Mark I-VII. As much as I love the stream-lined looks on the new armors, the classic ones are still a beauty to behold.

This was in the top figures of the year for me.

No question! Every single piece of this figure was improved over the plastic versions except the Arc Reactor. It’s not like the plastic versions of the Mk. VI had perfect lighting in the chest but they definitely regressed in that area. Oh and same thing goes for the diecast Mk. IV, the Arc Reactor light is so tiny, it’s just a pinner. They should have engineered these re-releases with the same swap out as the 1/4 IM figures with an interchangeable “cover” that is white but still has some opacity.

Hmm, wonder how likely it would be for them to add a super bright light, but add polarized lenses that you can turn to dim the lights. Or maybe just put a dimmer circuit on the light so we can adjust the brightness to our liking.

Got him couple weeks back and I wanna find a full Tony Stark headsculpt. Which are the best ones to get? Also do I need to modify the neck or change the neck plug?

Got him couple weeks back and I wanna find a full Tony Stark headsculpt. Which are the best ones to get? Also do I need to modify the neck or change the neck plug?

Did you find out? I’m planning to get this figure but only if I can put on a full Stark custom head [emoji848]

I actually put my Mark IV head on this the other days for kicks. it does indeed work. i'll post a pic when I get off work today

Did you also use a red collar for the human neck?

yep. i used the one that came with mark IV. imo, they are essentially the same figure with different chest plates/arc reactors (i could stand corrected though!)

took some pics with & without flash
53d6195182a7a6d96f3549bc37332ac3.jpg

a1f8ec6c60739a42383615f7016b8990.jpg

bf75d0056b8faff69ce9156b9321b424.jpg

a882c723c5cbe3732a70684762323c22.jpg

Back