1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have liked to get the exclusive helmet, but it just wasn't worth paying the extra $30 in SSC taxes and shipping. :(

I thought about getting it too, but yeah, really not worth the extra mullah for a helmet that really does nothing...

I thought about getting it too, but yeah, really not worth the extra mullah for a helmet that really does nothing...

Not to mention that it apparently never lights up that way on screen. At first I assumed it came from when Thor shoots a lightning bolt at him during their fight and he becomes "supercharged", but rewatching the scene it's only the other blue parts that light up stronger and not the helmet.

Not to mention that it apparently never lights up that way on screen. At first I assumed it came from when Thor shoots a lightning bolt at him during their fight and he becomes "supercharged", but rewatching the scene it's only the other blue parts that light up stronger and not the helmet.

tumblr_m22ssy3SgI1qjowpro1_500.gif

It does. 6. The Avengers 2012 (1080p Bluray x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 5.1 Tigole) 2.84 GB [UTR].mkv_20180309_00.jpg

It is from when Thor lands on the jet when the are transporting Loki. It's only a half second but it lights up like that when he puts the helmet on.

Ah, I stand corrected. Now if the head could actually attach to the body like that I'd be a lot more tempted, but as a standalone accessory it's something I can easily do without.

Ah, I stand corrected. Now if the head could actually attach to the body like that I'd be a lot more tempted, but as a standalone accessory it's something I can easily do without.

I hear you. I'm in CA myself, so tax plus SS shipping put this at $406. Pretty significant bump from BBTS $360 + $4 shipping. Being my favorite armor though, I really wanted the exclusive version, regardless of the actual exclusive item.

Now the DC Mk2 SS exclusive hologram thing? I can definitely do without that so I went with BBTS.

Yeah they used to do it all the time but have not noticed any come back in stock after it goes to WL in a long time (I can't say 100% for sure but at least with the figures i care about). It's only the EX that is showing that, still plenty left of the regular i guess.

All the hype surrounding this figure and fearing I might miss out on it finally forced me to pull the trigger, woohoo! :hi5:

I hear you. I'm in CA myself, so tax plus SS shipping put this at $406. Pretty significant bump from BBTS $360 + $4 shipping. Being my favorite armor though, I really wanted the exclusive version, regardless of the actual exclusive item.

Now the DC Mk2 SS exclusive hologram thing? I can definitely do without that so I went with BBTS.

Yeah, when you break down the costs for that extra "exclusive" accessory it simply isn't worth it. I just purchased the "regular" version for no taxes, plus shipping for a below retail price of $344. While I would have preferred to have the extra helmet, it's really not worth it.

I just got this in last Friday. I had ordered a pack out, but because the box was a little bit bigger than usual, it was not, and sure enough, UPS scuffed up the shipper, and it looked like it had been beat up. But when I opened it up, everything was fine. After twenty dollars shy of Four Hundred for this figure, I am not spending another dime on a Hot Toys product unless their prices come down, or they somehow reissue a Bale Dark Knight suit 1/6 scale figure.

Every time i tell myself that i lose. I tell myself every new year " i'll get less figures this yr and save a little money ", never happens. Something always comes up for pre-order that i want or always waned to have.

Can anyone please tell me which parts are diecast vs. plastic on this?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Not a lot mind you. The usual bicep, upper thigh and lower lower leg. With this figure having so many moving parts, bd and pieces that come off it's mostly plastic.

Basically this:
marvel-avengers-iron-man-mark-vi-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902815-02_LI.jpg

Back