1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the whole suit idea is pretty unrealistic. But think of it like wearing Flip flops versus boots. Or high heels. Lol the mk3 was originally designed with exaggerated our proportions that wouldn’t work in the real world. Stark would have had like a 12 inch waist or something nuts. With the mk4 they intentionally increased the waist, legs, and chest to make it appear more realistic and able to have those weapon system tuck away without them being jammed 4 inches into stark on the inside.

I guess the mk3 was his skinny jeans and the later suits are his dad pants. More or less. Lol

LOL, your high heel comment made laugh. Yeah after you explained that, it's pretty unrealistic.

I'm very lucky to have a very awesome, understanding wife :lol

I got the first one and kept going back and forth on clean versus BD for a display. Wife said "why don't you just get another one?". My response was "these are $350 a whack". Her reply was "and?". Whom am I to argue with that kind of logic, lol..

Never let her go, man. *wipes single manly tear from eye*

Ordered the exclusive after seeing the low stock alert.

The original was my very first Iron Man figure that sparked an interest that turned into a lifestyle and near obsession that led to the cardboard lined walls of my home. I got out of HT Marvel but I made an exception for this. And the War Machine Mk I diecast. And all the Civil War figures.

Oh no.

[...]Laughed out loud with your comment, ZE :rotfl. Had to show the wife that one. You got the thumbs up from her :duff

LOL... :duff

I had one full-on geek girlfriend years ago, but it wasn't right in a number of ways. My last girlfriend was a casual admirer of this stuff at best, and mostly tolerated my hobbies and enjoyed the odd piece. Maybe the next one'll strike the right balance. ;)

LOL... :duff

I had one full-on geek girlfriend years ago, but it wasn't right in a number of ways. My last girlfriend was a casual admirer of this stuff at best, and mostly tolerated my hobbies and enjoyed the odd piece. Maybe the next one'll strike the right balance. ;)

Keep the faith, there's one out there somewhere :wink1:

My wife is really great about my hobby. She gives very honest opinions on what I get and she has absolutely zero problem saying if she likes something or not :lol

LMAO. Now THAT I don't doubt....Now I'm shedding a tear, lol...

Having come out of a long-term relationship and getting back into dating (after a year of chilling out) I can tell you it's six of one and a half dozen of the other. All kidding aside, pros and cons to both, and if pressed, I'd go for just the one. Nothing wrong with the right kind of domesticity. ;)

I can also confirm that even non-nerd girls dig the Mark VI. Thank you, Kevin Feige and RDJ!

Got my IM today and he is indeed as great as i could have hoped for. I had a hell of a time opeing up and putting in all the batteries though. The design makes it difficult to reach and that 1st time opening/unscrewing is always tuff. The coolest thing that surprised me was the shoulders, i had no idea they were on movable hinge. Really makes positioning the shoulders easy to adjust for the gaps. He is very well balanced too with all that weight, no chance of tipping. Got mine in the " Reindeer game " pose.

A slight complaint i have with this figure is with the stark hs. Usually it's just the front part of a face they slice off and stick in a helmet head. This one they obviously took from a full hs as part of the hair shows at the top and the bottom has a small gap. They left the whole chin of whatever sculpt it came from too up underneath. Just kinda weird they did that.

Having come out of a long-term relationship and getting back into dating (after a year of chilling out) I can tell you it's six of one and a half dozen of the other. All kidding aside, pros and cons to both, and if pressed, I'd go for just the one. Nothing wrong with the right kind of domesticity. ;)

I can also confirm that even non-nerd girls dig the Mark VI. Thank you, Kevin Feige and RDJ!

lol, absolutely!

Got my MkVI last Friday but I hadn't had a chance to open it until now. WOW. I am kinda blown away and I haven't even done anything with him yet but stand him on the stand in a museum pose.

Got my MkVI last Friday but I hadn't had a chance to open it until now. WOW. I am kinda blown away and I haven't even done anything with him yet but stand him on the stand in a museum pose.

Congrats Jay. Wait until you set him up, weapons displayed :thud:

Just got mine and I'm blown away by him. Mark 6 is one of my favorite armors and it just looks and feels so good in hand.

I know this sounds crazy but I’m kind of stumped as to whether or not I should get this guy . He looks absolutely incredible but I currently own the original battle damaged version and he’s posed up perfectly with my Diecast war machine m1 and Whiplash . [emoji848] should I still get this guy and pose him somewhere else ? I wondering if I should just hold out for the Vii .[emoji848]?[emoji848]?

You could get this one and pose it with avengers figures as this technically is avengers mk6. Then you could have 2 different displays. If you only care about IM2 needs i would say just skip it if you think you already have an ideal IM2 display setup. I've never owned this suit so it was a must for me.

I know this sounds crazy but I’m kind of stumped as to whether or not I should get this guy . He looks absolutely incredible but I currently own the original battle damaged version and he’s posed up perfectly with my Diecast war machine m1 and Whiplash . [emoji848] should I still get this guy and pose him somewhere else ? I wondering if I should just hold out for the Vii .[emoji848]?[emoji848]?

I have both, I still love the original VI, but for me, the newer one beats it. Again, for me. If you love the original, most likely you won't be disappointed if you were to pick up the new one. Gook luck deciding :wink1:

Back