1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Diecast Mark VI!? Where do I sign up? Love the look of this one, it will be a day one preorder for me.

Good..now if someone wants to sell their old vi for $100 pm me lol..sick of all the jacked up prices for old IM armors. Happy that they are getting reissued as diecast giving collectors late to the game a second chance

Hoping this goes up tomorrow for preorder

Damn. The Mark 6 was the first Iron Man suit I really loved and the first hot toys figure I ever wanted. When I first saw it though, I knew a new suit would come in the Avengers and I decided to wait for that. Also, I always thought the HT mark 6 had very narrow shoulders, and this definitely fixes that.

I had told myself no more Iron Man until I had some other Hot Toys, but this just looks fantastic. I still don't think I'll get it though because if I get this I'll want the diecast war machine to go with it, and that's just too much money to spend right now.

Looks good. Head looks a little bigger than the previous version.

What to do with my old MKVIs?

Keep them. Even in its 'clean' state this version is quite heavily-weathered. The older plastic version still has value if you want a more factory-fresh look.

Keep them. Even in its 'clean' state this version is quite heavily-weathered. The older plastic version still has value if you want a more factory-fresh look.

Keeping my Avengers MKVI forever. It's a perfect figure to have Tony holding his helmet by his side. This one will be posed BD with all the weapons out. Can never have to much IM.

Definitely not one of my favorite MKs, but damn that BD look is badass. This is going to look sharp on display. Hope they do a DCVII with a load of BD for it.

Keeping my Avengers MKVI forever. It's a perfect figure to have Tony holding his helmet by his side. This one will be posed BD with all the weapons out. Can never have to much IM.

The original IV and VI have stood the test of time. They still look great to this day.

Nice to see Hot Toys stepping up to the plate with this and integrating some of the features we've only seen on the 1/4 releases so far, like the lights inside the torso.

i dont know, but the proportion of this 1/6 is far better than the newer iron man suits. albeit 1/4 is still the best.

What you see here is all you get.

13701035_10153674357067344_7557593908615787906_o.jpg

This looks amazing! Remember the old days though when you got entire arms for the battle damaged parts?

20100715_07192533dc203fe0794b5eMtJoeRkxGx.jpg
hottoys-ironman2-mark5_0018.jpg

This one doesn't have whole arms but it has as much or more accessories. They are just more integrated. I'd rather have that then need to store all the limbs in an extra box or open the normal box every time I want to change poses.

Is the gantry kinda small?
13654362_10153674356142344_3905361621272665987_n.jpg

So yea okay, the ring is smaller when it first starts to open and only gets bigger as he begins to walk and it follows him down the stairs, but the stand still looks a bit out of scale, especially looking at the steps (which don't look long enough or even deep enough for him to step on).

I'm okay with it, not sure I would want to pay more for a larger stand, but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed or had any thoughts about the stand in regards to scale?

It's a forced perspective base. It simulates being larger by making it appear further away. As an included base they couldn't make a full gantry without charging a lot more.

And keep in mind this is a prototype, even the base. There's a chance the steps get a bit larger and so on. I would expect it, but it's always possible.

Yeah the stand is way out, but that's not a bad thing in my eyes, it would be monsterous otherwise. Also, HT need to go back to supplying regular bases as well as these diorama ones.

I think the way they are integrating the BD damage parts and weathering these days is superb. I never used to bother with any of the old battle damaged parts as they just looked so out of place, but now they fit in perfectly. Really looking forward to this one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It's a forced perspective base. It simulates being larger by making it appear further away.
Yea, the force perspective is obvious in this picture...
13775529_10153674356137344_7352570362232511136_n.jpg
Posing the figure in front of the base makes the stand more of a background and it's "smallness" can be viewed as it being further away. But force perspective only works when the figure is in front and doesn't really work when on top (like you tend to use a base for). Forced perspective may work on top I suppose with a dynamic stand which puts the figure flying over it, like ROTJ Boba Fett, but when the figure is standing on the base that's a more difficult sell.

As an included base they couldn't make a full gantry without charging a lot more. And keep in mind this is a prototype, even the base. There's a chance the steps get a bit larger and so on. I would expect it, but it's always possible.

Yea, I am not wanting to pay more for a full gantry, and I am not sure making the steps a bit bigger is worth it or will be aesthetically pleasing without enlarging the whole thing. They don't have to change it one bit for me, I was just looking at it and noticing it's not to scale and I am not sure the design makes the most use of a forced perspective unless you plan to use it behind the figure rather than placing the figure on top. Otherwise, it's just a stylized base and if I use it I as a base (as opposed to a background) I probably will leave the ring flipped down and ignore the whole gantry aspect of it.

13654362_10153674356142344_3905361621272665987_n.jpg
As you can see forced perspective is diminished when the figure is on top, but it makes a nice stylized base anyway. I'm assuming the gold ring can tilt down and become flush with the "floor" on top of the base.

Back