1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The feet move easily enough but are nice and stiff like you’d want them to be.

Man, the articulation is just amazing. I just put him down on one knee and he just looks so natural from every angle. I love the extra bend in the elbow. Hopefully they will incorporate that in every other release.

My one major gripe is the lights. I’m hoping fresh batteries will help but the eyes don’t light evenly which I hate...especially since they got it right on a few figures such as Starboost. Also I was really looking forward to the blue weapon lights but you can’t see them at all depending how the arm is posed. Again hoping new batteries will produce better results but I’m not too hopeful.

I actually do really like the light in the arc reactor which looks great in hand even if it isn’t movie accurate. Also it doesn’t look cheap and plastic like some.

I also love the extra gold detail in the torso. All the gold looks really good and the legs look fantastic. I do wish they could get that brushed metal look in the faceplate and perhaps it could be a bit more reflective.

All in all I’d give this figure a 9.5/10.

I figured it would at least improve the eyes. I wasn’t as sure about the blue light weapons.

Blue lights are bright enough to see even in sunny conditions but there isn't quite a bright "ring of blue light" around each arm, if that's what you mean.

It's a great touch, but way too much of a hassle to get all those lights on to impress your friends. I can't see lighting mine up again any time soon. I really wish HT would supply (or offer) a wired option.

I was only seeing one or two dots of blue light, depending on which direction I had the arm facing. I guess I need to get some new batteries and make sure all my lights are working.

I think I will ultimately also go with the non-weapons look. As soon as you add the shoulder weapons, you lose a lot of the great shoulder articulation and this figure deserves to be posed.

Got my Mark VI's and opening it up - oh my :thud: This thing is immaculate!

156FDia.jpg

kLfBlmI.jpg

upWfWpb.jpg

d2jCVbz.jpg

These two battery types were $6 a piece at Walgreens...no way I’m paying $72 for 12. Does anyone know of a good place to order high quality batteries for a decent price?

These two battery types were $6 a piece at Walgreens...no way I’m paying $72 for 12. Does anyone know of a good place to order high quality batteries for a decent price?

You know, after wanting to get decent batteries for a few years now, I never bothered to actually shop for them. $6 apiece??? Wow... might as well save up a little more for a SOAP reactor (if those are still a thing).

I like the soaps, yes, still around and going strong as some of the cables are out of stock. Im willing to live with the visual drawbacks since to me it outweighs the hassle of manual process of lighting the IMs, and then having to adjust / repose the fig. Such a pain in a$$.

I like the soaps, yes, still around and going strong as some of the cables are out of stock. Im willing to live with the visual drawbacks since to me it outweighs the hassle of manual process of lighting the IMs, and then having to adjust / repose the fig. Such a pain in a$$.

Yup. Every time I get an IM figure in, I always tell myself I need to get new batteries. By the time I've put every battery in, done a light check, and taken a few pictures, I'm pretty much over it.

The only figure that makes the hassle of the light-up feature worth it has been the Mk46.

Honestly, I've never lit my figures up. If they did away with the light up feature, I wouldn't be all that upset.

I wonder if anybody is going to re-paint the inner chest detail to be more movie accurate; even a grey gunmetal color on the black parts would look superb.

AZzSwxi.jpg

fKM0k8P.jpg

4bb4b92960ad0d6881de0353b381a9f5.jpg
e9ea5b08902f643fefb7b40e731938f7.jpg
da825ed88b06a2a668bb4201ac77c48f.jpg
c6ef27a54b6a20b870df94008b18ec65.jpg
d00b7f6dd23c4ea93ff932a23cb77727.jpg

Most of the time I get a figure, spend a little time with it, and then put it in the back room in the collection. This one has stayed in the living room all week...he’s basically part of the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, after wanting to get decent batteries for a few years now, I never bothered to actually shop for them. $6 apiece??? Wow... might as well save up a little more for a SOAP reactor (if those are still a thing).

whats a soap reactor

4bb4b92960ad0d6881de0353b381a9f5.jpg
e9ea5b08902f643fefb7b40e731938f7.jpg
da825ed88b06a2a668bb4201ac77c48f.jpg
c6ef27a54b6a20b870df94008b18ec65.jpg
d00b7f6dd23c4ea93ff932a23cb77727.jpg

Most of the time I get a figure, spend a little time with it, and then put it in the back room in the collection. This one has stayed in the living room all week...he’s basically part of the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look like movie prop photos! :thud:

I got this a couple of weeks back, but only just opened it up and Jesus are these way better than the old Iron Man Die Casts! The head sculpt alone in terms of paint and sculpture is leaps and bounds better - the Mk43 looks so flat and dead compared to it, I'm liking the bulkier and bigger size of it also, but not only that, the engineering - it's poseable, but has a more statuesque quality of everything fitting together better. Really happy with this!

Back