1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, I don't think this cape looks that bad at all. I think the collar could be shorter and more open around the neck. it would look a little better resting near his traps instead of closing around the throat.

I just got on the waitlist for this figure also. I wasn't going to buy anymore HT figures, but this and CW Falcon are to nice looking for me to pass up.

The guy had an opinion ... and just because you disagree, you think he's pulling stuff out of his ass? Bahahaha ... That's the Internet for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long story short, the cape is an aesthetic, some people will like it, other people won't.

And people saying it would never work in the MCU, if Fiege wanted Panther to have a cape, they'll make it work.

Personally I like the cape, the cape is a sign of royalty to me but that's my opinion :slap

The guy had an opinion ... and just because you disagree, you think he's pulling stuff out of his ass? Bahahaha ... That's the Internet for you.

No joke man. :cuckoo:

Anywho, agreed Bransen. I do think it could work I just think that it would have to have some sort of detailing to help blend better with the intricacies of the MCU black panther suit. Cape or not I'm looking forward to this figure. Hopefully, we only got another few weeks or so considering he already released overseas.:pray:

What he said completely ignores the fact that there are already plenty of examples of capes working in movies. The fact is if they decided to give him a cape they will make it work as they did with other characters. You always have "experts" making up stuff to explain why whatever choice the designers of the costumes make is the only possible choice that would work. That never made any sense.

The next movie he is in he could very likely have a cape and it will work.

Except I didn't say that at all and in fact clarified further in several posts what I thought of it. Again, an opinion in which nowhere did I say I was an "expert". I'm sorry all the things you read into my post upset you so much. :lol

Wow. So done with this thread.

Enjoy your Black Panthers everyone! Buy a cape for yours or don't ... or wait to see if he'll wear one in 2018, hell if I care.

Some of the pro-cape people need to chill the **** out haha

Shame no head sculpt I wonder hope his movie version will differ I guess a cape but so far that's not looking so good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Long story short, the cape is an aesthetic, some people will like it, other people won't.

And people saying it would never work in the MCU, if Fiege wanted Panther to have a cape, they'll make it work.

Personally I like the cape, the cape is a sign of royalty to me but that's my opinion :slap

Still learning from comics etc. - but agree. Will miss getting this re having other POs to take care of, and not being my favorite, favorite character. Was concerned about the suit too but not reading any complaints so far re tearing/wear. I wish I could just buy all the CW HT line-up now. But I just can't. Some things I'll have to bite and get on the after-market. In particular after seeing the in-hand pics - especially love the look of the clawed hands - wish I could order.

But cape, no cape - I think a cape would work - seems to be the flow of whatever fabric, for an action character. The capes are designed to flow behind the character (Thor, Vision). Or like XM poly:

BP_XM.jpg

Thought some folks are waiting for this look which suspect will show up in BP film. If money were no object I'd have both, because I think it's cool to have a representation of a character when they are introduced on film, and BP's intro in CW and into the MCU is brilliant.

Personally, I like the Unreal Toys's cape! I'm personally going to buy one. I totally agree that a cape is generally a sign of royalty, and BP is a character of royalty. I think when people start posting pics of their BP wearing the cape, more people are going to like it (just an assumption). With a little futzing, I think the cape will look awesome!

He looks amazing with or without the cape. I do like that custom cape they did on him, and in the earth's mightiest heroes cartoon he had that Dracula-ish collar and it did look pretty damn regal.

I see both sides. But as a KING I do like the cape as a look. But a year from now we will have a much better idea of how his more ceremonial look will be and I'm hoping it makes me passing on this beautiful figure (and I'm not even sure I can hold out) a smart decision in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My wait list at sideshow converted to a live order. Forgot I did that, lol. I will be cancelling my bbts order so hopefully one opens up for someone

when is this set to release here, anybody? its been pushed to FEB correct so like early March inhand then?

Back