1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the cape looks great on the figure itself, but wouldn't work in an MCU display. It looks a little too on the nose comic booky. Where as a lot of the MCU designs are real world translations of comic book stuff.

Seriously. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

I just never liked the cape look either, that's all there is to it. He looks perfect in CW and that's how Black Panther should look like, sleek and agile. Does a panther wear capes? :lol Nope. The beautiful thing about a panther is its great form, powerful and elegant with all the muscles. That's what he looks like in CW. That's how he should look like imo. And from a practical point of view, the cape is a horrible idea, never understood why he wore that.

Does a Bat wear a capes? I guess Batman should not wear a cape also.

Not what I'm saying at all. What I mean is in place of a plain yellow cape instead we get sort of a techy hologram see through type thing with vision. Instead of plain blue leotard for cap we get layered panels and integrated knee pads. Even his shield is more detailed than the comic book counter part. Same reason black panther's costume has an intricate weave and paneling when the comic book costume is just a plain black jumpsuit.These details add to the designs and make them appear more real world plausible than a comic costume with little detail would on film.

As for the pic above me. Seems like a step in the right direction with the extra design work. Something still seems a tad off about it though. I think maybe the collar might be a tough sell. Perhaps if it were a little smaller. Even Dr.strange's collar doesn't appear quite as tall in most pics.

Part of that simplicity in comics was the limitations in printing tech. They couldn't have done intricate designs(like the CW BP) for like 50years even if they wanted to. But there are dozens of modern comic designs that predate the films that are just as detailed. It's like saying the new spidey suit should be a leotard because the 60s live action was simple.

The designs both in comic and on screen are a reflection of the times and current tech. The current comic versions are pretty nearly identical to the on screen stuff. The simplicity or difference in past costumes has little to do with anything. You can go find Stan Lee video talking about this very subject and that they did the looks originally because of the limitations of printing and not because they thought the characters looked better in (his word) onesies.

Again not my argument. The simplistic design of the original cape shown looked more akin to a classic comic design and therefore imo out of place in an MCU design. Which is more or less what you've said above in that the designs mimic modern time tech. Same reason I believe the newer version of the cape pictured seems to move in the right direction. The cape has more detail and is closer to what I would expect from an MCU interpretation of the cape concept for Black Panther.

Okay this looks a little better than the original cape we're all bitching about but i'd still really rather much have the costume without a cape.

15965902_1843746109171454_7613711270104234590_n.jpg

16114315_1843746445838087_1274613589625245543_n.jpg

15977722_1843746485838083_8505137721692623969_n.jpg

The cape is nice, I don't really feel like it goes with the figure though and especially with that collar. It looks like Count Dracula LOL

Does a Bat wear a capes? I guess Batman should not wear a cape also.
-___- Please, from a design point of view, and that was what I was talking about, please don't take everything so literally, Batman's cape gives him kind of the silhouette of a bat the way he's holding it sometimes or wrapping it around himself. Ya know, coz ... bats do that with their wings and stuff. A panther doesn't spread it's wings, it has a clear, elegant, simple form.

I believe Batman's cape is to simulate the wings of a bat :wink1: :lol
*whisper* Thanks Brainy. :lol

Make it stop.... maybe there could be a Black Panther movie speculation thread where that can take place haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was saving up RP's to use on this guy and today was the day I was waiting for only to find it's on wait-list... Have any of the other CW figures that went to wait-list before releasing ever get off the wait-list after releasing? I have to start paying closer attention again.

War Machine went to waitlist and then back to preorder status but no figure that went to waitlist after it was released in Hong Kong has come back as of yet.

I was saving up RP's to use on this guy and today was the day I was waiting for only to find it's on wait-list... Have any of the other CW figures that went to wait-list before releasing ever get off the wait-list after releasing? I have to start paying closer attention again.

I'd just jump on the WL...it'll probably convert this early after announcement of it.

The guy had an opinion ... and just because you disagree, you think he's pulling stuff out of his ass? Bahahaha ... That's the Internet for you.

Back