1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figur

They wouldn't show a sculpt until the film is released I wouldn't think. They haven't shown him without the mask in the previews have they? I kind of avoid the previews so I don't get spoiled.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figur

It shows him wearing civilian clothes. But unless hes depicted wearing the costume without the mask in the film, HT won't do it.

Damn beautiful figure. The figure costume material looks like MMS244

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible F...

Ha that price would suck for such a barebones figures. I expect like $210.

And if it were going to include a T'Challa sculpt, I'm sure they would say so and show a blurred out pic if they couldn't show it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my poor wallet...

It shows him wearing civilian clothes. But unless hes depicted wearing the costume without the mask in the film, HT won't do it.

Even if he is maskless in the suit HT may wait for his solo movie (version 2)to give a proper headsculpt like antman civil war. Ren was maskless but had no headsculpt.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible F...

Ha that price would suck for such a barebones figures. I expect like $210.

And if it were going to include a T'Challa sculpt, I'm sure they would say so and show a blurred out pic if they couldn't show it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly: Good point. Like they did with Star Lord.

Not sure whether to get this one now or wait it out until the inevitable solo film version....hmmm decisions, decisions....

Would have been nice to have an unmasked head sculpt but everything else looks fantastic.

Screw a headsculpt, I just want a Black Panther figure in full costume from head to toe so this works out for me. Plus, it should help keep the price "down" somewhat.

I'm tired of headsculpts that I always keep in the box anyway. It's nice to get figures sooner without having to worry about likeness approvals. Hopefully, this guy can come out before Xmas.

This doesn't look good. The mask and the suit is off

I'm in! My wallet is super happy! I'm only getting Panther from CW :)

I feel somewhat underwhelmed.

Looks awesome but the torso doesn't seem bulky enough honestly. Looks a little on the thin side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Looks great to me. No complaints. Hot Toys please take my money......

Screw a headsculpt, I just want a Black Panther figure in full costume from head to toe so this works out for me. Plus, it should help keep the price "down" somewhat.

I'm tired of headsculpts that I always keep in the box anyway. It's nice to get figures sooner without having to worry about likeness approvals. Hopefully, this guy can come out before Xmas.

Likeness approvals almost never hold a figure up. In the last three years I can only think of one. Ripley. Batman returns was a design and engineering and overall look issue. Drax was due to tech issues that caused the scarification to not translate and needed redone. Prime is engineering issues. Yellow jacket the same. The xmen first class and DOFP wasn't held up, it was that they didn't get the licensing from the actors at all.

And figures are mostly on time after they go up for order. Out of the last 100 figures I only found a few that where late or delayed. Not the "sideshow" delay that people call delayed but almost never is. A delay in hot toys release schedule. Those are all that count in regards to production times and approvals, and you said approvals.

It's just not a really problem. Only very few times is it a likeness approval. It's more often an engineering and overall appearance issue. Everything is required to be approved. The entire process is what takes time. Having a head sculpt isn't going to significantly increase production time. If at all.

Likeness approvals almost never hold a figure up. In the last three years I can only think of one. Ripley. Batman returns was a design and engineering and overall look issue. Drax was due to tech issues that caused the scarification to not translate and needed redone. Prime is engineering issues. Yellow jacket the same. The xmen first class and DOFP wasn't held up, it was that they didn't get the licensing from the actors at all.

And figures are mostly on time after they go up for order. Out of the last 100 figures I only found a few that where late or delayed. Not the "sideshow" delay that people call delayed but almost never is. A delay in hot toys release schedule. Those are all that count in regards to production times and approvals, and you said approvals.

It's just not a really problem. Only very few times is it a likeness approval. It's more often an engineering and overall appearance issue. Everything is required to be approved. The entire process is what takes time. Having a head sculpt isn't going to significantly increase production time. If at all.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That's good to know. I remember the earlier Hot Toys figures used to get delayed all the time.

Still will never care about a headsculpt though. I think Luke Skywalker and Han Solo are the only characters in my collection without some sort of mask/helmet. Hell, I'll always keep sunglasses on Hawkeye:lol

This looks amazing :clap They did a great job on him :clap
Day 1 PO :woo

Back