1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Tomorrow.

In terms of accuracy it isn't right.

I don't have pics but you can find them online: the biggest two changes made for the Genisys endo was the change in shape but also the emphasis on certain parts of the endo by delineating certain parts in a darker anthracite colour. Like the inside of the pelvic area, the forearm bracers, etc.

Previously the endo had been a single colour throughout, now it's perceived shape was enhanced by this colour delineation. I don't see that in this model by HT.

I don't have pics but you can find them online: the biggest two changes made for the Genisys endo was the change in shape but also the emphasis on certain parts of the endo by delineating certain parts in a darker anthracite colour. Like the inside of the pelvic area, the forearm bracers, etc.

Previously the endo had been a single colour throughout, now it's perceived shape was enhanced by this colour delineation. I don't see that in this model by HT.
content_content_t2-160.jpg

terminator-1984-stop-motion-puppet-endoskeleton-t1-sfx-animation-017.jpg-47302d1299526448

there are lots of color variations here from shadows, reflections, dirt... (BTW a nice picture of T1 skeleton proportions for those who can see the difference with T2), but i get what you mean.

ARwBUrS.png

looks like it has some needless plastic layers in some areas :D
p.s. that retarded face.

Retarded_smiley_by_herupandir.jpg

the-terminator-t-800-1984.jpg

Last edited:

In terms of accuracy it isn't right.

WTF? Did you quote the wrong person? :dunno

Looks like it'll be a very cool figure if you can tolerate it being a redesign. I presume the teeth will have a cleaner paintjob on the final version.

Wow, those teeth are so bad, it looks like they just quickly threw some putty in the mouth and pressed some lines into it.

Teeth are not special, but I really need a 1/6 endoskeleton in my collection! Overall it looks good to me.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

(BTW a nice picture of T1 skeleton proportions for those who can see the difference with T2), but i get what you mean.

terminator-1984-stop-motion-puppet-endoskeleton-t1-sfx-animation-017.jpg-47302d1299526448

Thanks.

In my opinion the main difference between all endos is this:

The shoulders on the T2, T3 & Salvation endos going by reference pics and all the figures out there (-apart from the HT endo figure-) would not fit inside Arnold's body. The shoulders are too wide. A simple way to tell is if you make an L between the skull and the collarbone, most T2 endo's the length from the collarbone to the end of the shoulder is around the same length as the lower horizontal line of the L between the skull and collarbone itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUFXXB08RZk

This is too wide. In T1 and in Genisys you can see that the lower horizontal line of the L is less between the end of the collarbone and the end of the shoulder than it is between the skull and the end of the collarbone. That would fit inside Arnold's body. T3 (shown below) was I believe the same endo as T2:

terminator.jpg

But the biggest mistake, (in my opinion) from T2 & T3 onwards was this:

The artists forgot what makes the endo so frightening. It is the fact that (IMO) it alludes to a real skeleton, which is (I suppose genetically) frightening to humans. Take the spinal vertebrae. In salvation they tried to create an endo which looked bulked up and beefy. The spine at the pelvic bone started out narrow and got wider as it moved into the chest (the opposite of a real human skeleton). They did this to give it a V shape waist, reminiscent of a football player or muscular body builders, but completely lost the primal fear factor that a genuine human skeleton brings. They added shoulder pads and filling on the inside of the humerus to again simulate the overall bulkiness of a muscular man, completely losing the point Jim Cameron tried to make by using actual human skeletal proportions.

1055281-t4_t_800.jpg

The same with T: Genisys, while the shoulder with is correct again, the spine, etc. (while better than before) still deviates from the intention of Cameron. Also the "bodywork" plates, etc. are too smooth, "Apple" designed like . if that makes sense. Not "raw" and "insidey" enough.

t800.jpg

Then again the whole movie (to me) was like a teenage kids film, with all the sexual angst and the overt pressure to make jokes about the nakedness of Reese as if catering to a 12 year old audience, but that's another matter entirely.

Last edited:

That's very interesting, I'd never paid much attention to the differences from one movie to the other...
Any chance of some comparison pics?

This is awesome, of course there are flaws. It's a prototype. This is nothing new to us as collectors, we see a prototype and see a horrible head sculpt, thunderthighs etc. Most if not all the issues get worked out by the end. I'm confident that the teeth will be fixed. That's not to say the teeth will be perfect.

Some pics from STGCC.
21359939216_11bee20c47_k.jpg

20763466774_718db1984b_k.jpg

21199250679_c3daa0a60c_k.jpg

Wow, those teeth are so bad, it looks like they just quickly threw some putty in the mouth and pressed some lines into it.
Looks like it'll be a very cool figure if you can tolerate it being a redesign. I presume the teeth will have a cleaner paintjob on the final version.
teeth look like... thang's predators!
they all have mouths with a thick layer of brown substance instead of salmon/white area :D
In my opinion the main difference between all endos is this:
i think you bored 90% of people, but you know you're right :)
another detail can be added to your observations: T1 skeleton kept his shoulders moved to the front

\ /

while all other skeletons had them more wide spread, closer and closer to this with every next movie

_ _

Last edited:

dem crooked teef.lolz

why are they using sarah jessica parker for that HT colgate smile, is beyond me...
20d764ad40671abb9d24e7222e0c5f2e.jpg

This is awesome, of course there are flaws. It's a prototype. This is nothing new to us as collectors, we see a prototype and see a horrible head sculpt, thunderthighs etc. Most if not all the issues get worked out by the end. I'm confident that the teeth will be fixed. That's not to say the teeth will be perfect.

we've seen prototypes.
and we've seen WTF happened, this is FAR from the prototype.

*i.e. tsang's berzerker predaturd

They forgot to paint the disk part on the left shoulder

Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. However, I will wait for in hand reviews as there seems to be a rash of poor QC going around lately and this has QC nightmare written all over it. I want to make sure it won't break.

well, you can see on that last pic, the wire on his left nape is kinda disconnected/disjointed already.lolz

well, you can see on that last pic, the wire on his left nape is kinda disconnected/disjointed already.lolz

First thing I noticed. :rotfl

I think the days of POing are behind me now.

that side went through something. the rod of triceps hydraulics is disconnected, too.

HT..... I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't fall for Iron Man or multiple variants of Iron Man and I will not stop ever. Until this is Pre Ordered.

This looks extraordinarily cheap. The teef are all one solid piece.

Back