1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Do you have the book The Winston Effect?
nope. i've seen it (i mean i was given it to read for some minutes), but didn't see any need to buy one, as everything is online today.
i'm sure it was a very informative thing when it was first published.

^ God I love the T-800 endoskeleton so much. One of, if not the, best pieces of mechanical design ever to grace a film.
yep. so many years passed, and all we get today are three options: people in buckets

Iron_Man_bleeding_edge.jpg

piles of unconsciously united metal debris

about_transformer.png

latest

and endoskeleton variations made again and again (worse and worse).

content_image.jpg

Chronicle-Terminator-Genisys-T-800-Endoskeleton-Life-Size-001.jpg

well, there is also Cain design, its ideas are reused plenty as well.

robo21.jpg

443391_1331850148_large.jpg

2906720-harvester.png

Last edited:

I have to admit, I actually really liked the T-600 design (even if I didn't like how it was presented on film), and while there's a few Iron Man designs out there I really like (most of what was in the first two movies and Sentinel Japan's comic-inspired figures), I absolutely cannot stand the live-action Transformers aesthetic.

In fact as someone aspiring to be a concept artist, the nature of a lot of modern film design infuriates me to no end.

I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of The Winston Effect very cheaply from a discount book store years ago, it was pretty great having all that information before they started posting it online.

EDIT: I would literally kill a man for an articulated 1/6 Robocain.

I have to admit, I actually really liked the T-600 design
what i don't like about him is that there is no need for such endoskeleton. like at all.
terminators had to sneak into human vaults and look like humans. until then there was no need for all those artificial bones and muscles, repeating human structure. thus the TS T-600 design is useless for the story. it's just a variation of a big robot copying the one from Judge Dredd, which was humanoid because his creators (in that universe) thought it would be aesthetically interesting - same as with T-600.

there's no need for T-600's biceps/triceps/trapezius/other hydro "muscles" in the same places where a human has them, as well as no need for jaw "muscle" and many other details that would fit under skin and mimic a human body. chassis that big and dumb would never sneak into shelters, and the only reason terminators were created was to get into people settlements, that's the only purpose their idea is based on. until a machine is a sneaker, it would just have thrusters, armor and big guns to destroy humans. if you know where the shelter is, just send something like this there, expose it and kill everybody:

attachment.php

but terminators idea was to infiltrate the human group and get to the shelter, which whereabouts are yet unknown. how can that T-600 do that? he cannot. what other thing he can do that machines on wheels or wings cannot? nothing.

that T-600 is a dumb idea created by a person who doesn't understand the terminator universe at all. it's even less efficient and logical than T3 T-X, "terminator of terminators", which didn't have guns capable of destroying a terminator or chassis capable of resisting a terminator grip - and thus was just a stupid thing added to add something.

T-600 design might be interesting, but it has no meaning for the universe. it's from some other story.
yet again, T-800 endoskeleton was designed with knowledge of human physics. the whole idea of every part was to fit a human body (there were lots of robots with "mechs under skin" those times, they were dull due to lack of design). repeating that idea without using it is so stupid.

Last edited:

what i don't like about him is that there is no need for such endoskeleton. like at all.
terminators had to sneak into human vaults and look like humans. until then there was no need for all those artificial bones and muscles, repeating human structure. thus the TS T-600 design is useless for the story. it's just a variation of a big robot copying the one from Judge Dredd, which was humanoid because his creators (in that universe) thought it would be aesthetically interesting - same as with T-600..

Their similarity to that Judge Dredd robot is actually what appealed to me about them as toys and why I bought them - but agreed, they don't actually make sense as a Skynet invention nor are they what Kyle Reese was describing in T1.

Agreed. For the same reason is why l dislike the Johnconnormenator.

terminators had to sneak into human vaults and look like humans. until then there was no need for all those artificial bones and muscles, repeating human structure. thus the TS T-600 design is useless for the story. it's just a variation of a big robot copying the one from Judge Dredd, which was humanoid because his creators (in that universe) thought it would be aesthetically interesting - same as with T-600.

there's no need for T-600's biceps/triceps/trapezius/other hydro "muscles" in the same places where a human has them, as well as no need for jaw "muscle" and many other details that would fit under skin and mimic a human body. chassis that big and dumb would never sneak into shelters, and the only reason terminators were created was to get into people settlements, that's the only purpose their idea is based on. until a machine is a sneaker, it would just have thrusters, armor and big guns to destroy humans. if you know where the shelter is, just send something like this there, expose it and kill everybody:

but terminators idea was to infiltrate the human group and get to the shelter, which whereabouts are yet unknown. how can that T-600 do that? he cannot. what other thing he can do that machines on wheels or wings cannot? nothing.

that T-600 is a dumb idea created by a person who doesn't understand the terminator universe at all. it's even less efficient and logical than T3 T-X, "terminator of terminators", which didn't have guns capable of destroying a terminator or chassis capable of resisting a terminator grip - and thus was just a stupid thing added to add something.

T-600 design might be interesting, but it has no meaning for the universe. it's from some other story.
yet again, T-800 endoskeleton was designed with knowledge of human physics. the whole idea of every part was to fit a human body (there were lots of robots with "mechs under skin" those times, they were dull due to lack of design). repeating that idea without using it is so stupid.

It would have made a lot more sense for that design to be a one-off prototype in the Skynet production facility, something made to test the design before miniaturising it as much as possible.

Still wouldn't mind the old Hot Toys figure to have squaring up to my Robocop...

P. makes a very good point concerning the T600. Though the T600 was referenced in the original Terminator movie, I always envisioned it as model very similar to the T800 just with rubber skin as Skynet had not yet learned how to replicate living human tissue. Also it would make sense as that the T600 would be of normal human size if Skynet was camouflaging them with rubber skin. This would only be done if the purpose was to try and pass them off as human for infiltration units

:drool To have that in 1/6...

Exactly.

I might have to settle for the Genisys endo (if it's still coming out and they do something about those teeth) as I missed out on the old 1/6 endos.

On the other hand it would be hard to display it next to a DX13 as the chest plate is so vastly different.

I hope we'll get a classic T-800 endo in 1/6 sooner or later...

A T1 or T2 Endo would be one of the very few figures I'd be interested in, so here's hoping HT make it happen.

I prefer to use as a more general term ''Cameron-Endo'' - to distinguish T1/T2 from the T:Genisys Endo but also account for the likelihood that what Hot Toys would put out would not be specifically based on either the T1 or T2 Endos as they don't make any distinction between them. I don't believe we'll ever get an actual T1 Endo from anybody, certain T2 details pretty much totally supplanted what it looked like originally. Quite simply not enough people care, even among those who are making these things, whose business it ought to be to care.

Last edited:

Cameron-Endo would sell like hotcakes.

Quite simply not enough people care, even among those who are making these things, whose business it ought to be to care.

Do you really think that is the case? I think the true fan base does care. (Not sure how many that amounts to though.) Paul from Chronicle Collectibles, a member of that fan base, has said that if they were given the license, he would knock a T1 out of the park.

Do you really think that is the case? I think the true fan base does care. (Not sure how many that amounts to though.) Paul from Chronicle Collectibles, a member of that fan base, has said that if they were given the license, he would knock a T1 out of the park.

The Chronicle Collectibles people are actually the only ones I had in mind that could be exceptions to what I said. But among other companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys and among general fandom - they don't know and/or don't care that there was any difference between the T1 and T2 endoskeletons. Heck I didn't always know so I don't entirely blame them. But this is the reason we'll never see a T1 Endoskeleton in particular. Oh they'll put ''The Terminator'' or T1 on the box but the reference used will have been some mish-mash, and nothing focussing in on what was unique about the T1 endo. You'll have T2 proportions, T2 arms, T2 kneecaps and to cap it off a T:Genisys Endoskull with the narrow jaw and massive teeth :lol his laughter subsides into tears

I'd love for them to prove me wrong. I would rejoice in being wrong.

Last edited:

It would be wonderful if Chronicle could make an articulated 1/6 T1 Endo.
i guess they don't know what "1/6" and "articulated" means :)

Oh they'll put ''The Terminator'' or T1 on the box but the reference used will have been some mish-mash, and nothing focussing in on what was unique about the T1 endo. You'll have T2 proportions, T2 arms, T2 kneecaps and to cap it off a T:Genisys Endoskull with the narrow jaw and massive teeth :lol
and hoses swinging everywhere without any meaning and that stupid flat back that is so popular.

The flat back thing - that would be solved if the figure had forward/backward movement of the entire shoulder apparatus like the T-600, no?

it would help just slightly, because the plate between shoulder-blades is too deep on all toys, and the base where both blades attach is too flat, thus the flat back.

hqdefault.jpg

see how big and popping out that part between moving bones is?

another thing that becomes popular is the angle between forearm "bones".
correct:

8632826_4.jpg

incorrect:

8306_press02-001.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

last time i saw it done right (on toys, not superexpensive statues) was McFarlane skeleton :) it had them narrowing to the fist, like it should.

i dunno if i like the main bone becoming not cylinder in T2. less metal - less weight, but isn't a cylinder more resistable to bending than a flat thing?

OriginalEndoArm1.jpg

(don't know if it is a movie part or hand made).

Last edited:

Seems like Sideshow is to blame for propagating these errors because everyone else is just copying them.

Back