1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I liked....and subscribed! All this time I assumed you could only subscribe if you were a member on youtube.

Apparently I can even comment but it says I'd be creating a channel. I don't want to do that at this time so I'll just comment here - good job on the review man.

It looks good, it's just not the endo pretty much everyone wanted and when this was a slow seller (I assume?) Hot Toys probably took the wrong message from that and shelved any other Terminator plans.

Last night I liked....and subscribed! All this time I assumed you could only subscribe if you were a member on youtube.

Apparently I can even comment but it says I'd be creating a channel. I don't want to do that at this time so I'll just comment here - good job on the review man.

It looks good, it's just not the endo pretty much everyone wanted and when this was a slow seller (I assume?) Hot Toys probably took the wrong message from that and shelved any other Terminator plans.

Thank you, brother. :)

It's weird with what you can and cannot do. I appreciate it dearly, anyhow.

Just so many lazy parts in there. The DX base, without electronics, not even a closed one, just a ripped out one, the printed metal grate and the worst is just the hands, No fun to exchange, not at all.

Good review, Endo! Subscribed as well.

I've had opportunities to pick up this figure but was disappointed in the same issues that you covered and ended up passing. I think my biggest issue is that it is way over-scaled. If displayed with other 1/6 Terminator figures, it is too big/tall and doesn't look right. You would think that it would be just slightly smaller or at least the same size, all-around, than the previous Terminator figures, as it is the endo-skeleton and would be covered with "living tissue" and clothing.

I may pick one up at some point, as I'm desperate in having a 1/6th scaled Endo in the collection, though. Too bad Hot Toys didn't revisit the original design using die-cast materials.

Good review, Endo! Subscribed as well.

I've had opportunities to pick up this figure but was disappointed in the same issues that you covered and ended up passing. I think my biggest issue is that it is way over-scaled. If displayed with other 1/6 Terminator figures, it is too big/tall and doesn't look right. You would think that it would be just slightly smaller or at least the same size, all-around, than the previous Terminator figures, as it is the endo-skeleton and would be covered with "living tissue" and clothing.

I may pick one up at some point, as I'm desperate in having a 1/6th scaled Endo in the collection, though. Too bad Hot Toys didn't revisit the original design using die-cast materials.

Thank you, dood. Glad you enjoyed. :) Welcome :wave

Yeah and that desperation had me caving, plus being able to pick him up WAY below retail. Very happy about that.

But I hear ya: I always have to kinda angle in the Police Shootout, into my cabinet, as the compartments are pretty narrow and I had to do that with the endo too, so he really is too big essentially.

Like we said before: HT can focus on Star Wars, DC and Marvel and just hand the old franchises to Blitzway and Enterbay, you know?
Make just way more sense.

Even DC is mistreated by them - announcements going back 8 or more years that got people excited for nothing, ridiculous delays on more recent stuff, an incomplete Justice League, no Ra'as al Ghul from Batman Begins, dangling Batman Forever prototypes in front of people's faces and then just going business as usual with Marvel instead. It'd be a win for all collectors if Hot Toys lost all licenses outside of Marvel and Star Wars - they could focus on what they clearly want to focus on anyway. And collectors could get their DC and Aliens & Robots fixes elsewhere whilst still buying HT Marvel and SW if they so desire.

As for this giant Endoskeleton - yeah, Hot Toys never cared much for scale consistency. Lets add that to the list.

Even DC is mistreated by them - announcements going back 8 or more years that got people excited for nothing, ridiculous delays on more recent stuff, an incomplete Justice League, no Ra'as al Ghul from Batman Begins, dangling Batman Forever prototypes in front of people's faces and then just going business as usual with Marvel instead. It'd be a win for all collectors if Hot Toys lost all licenses outside of Marvel and Star Wars - they could focus on what they clearly want to focus on anyway. And collectors could get their DC and Aliens & Robots fixes elsewhere whilst still buying HT Marvel and SW if they so desire.

As for this giant Endoskeleton - yeah, Hot Toys never cared much for scale consistency. Lets add that to the list.

Exactly right, regarding Aliens & Robots, instead we get a Supreme 1/12 shrunken DX10. WTF?! And while scale always lies in the eye of the beholder, in Transformers, it shouldn't in 1/6 and if they do it, make it consistent and release fresh ones fitting to it. Other companies do, but oh well...

Also sculpt consistency. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but out of all the Arnold sculpts, I enjoy the 117 and 136 the most. DX10 is the most "youth washed" and just looks plain adolescent and DX13 is a mix, but still not my favorite, not by a long shot.

Exactly right, regarding Aliens & Robots, instead we get a Supreme 1/12 shrunken DX10. WTF?! And while scale always lies in the eye of the beholder, in Transformers, it shouldn't in 1/6 and if they do it, make it consistent and release fresh ones fitting to it. Other companies do, but oh well...

Also sculpt consistency. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but out of all the Arnold sculpts, I enjoy the 117 and 136 the most. DX10 is the most "youth washed" and just looks plain adolescent and DX13 is a mix, but still not my favorite, not by a long shot.

There's something to be said for how NECA did it - whether you like the sculpts or not they were consistent. They used the same clean sculpts as the basis for the BD ones so that one believably transforms into the other. Kinda cool. You just don't have that with the Hot Toys line - all the heads are different shapes and sizes, inconsistent levels of ageing and of course differing degrees of success on the likeness. None of them completely satisfy, they just exchange annoying flaws between them. I honestly don't think Hot Toys would do any better now though....unless they poach some superior sculptors from other companies.

There's something to be said for how NECA did it - whether you like the sculpts or not they were consistent. They used the same clean sculpts as the basis for the BD ones so that one believably transforms into the other. Kinda cool. You just don't have that with the Hot Toys line - all the heads are different shapes and sizes, inconsistent levels of ageing and of course differing degrees of success on the likeness. None of them completely satisfy, they just exchange annoying flaws between them. I honestly don't think Hot Toys would do any better now though....unless they poach some superior sculptors from other companies.

Oh, 100% right. Sadly not my scale, but it just works how they did. Consistency through the whole line. HT can sure learn from that.

Hah, I wondered had I posted that before, my point about the NECA heads being consistent across multiple figures - I did, almost word for word in another thread a few weeks ago.

To be honest, right now I wouldn't even mind just getting updates sculpts. The DX10 sculpt always seemed off a bit. I think a company like Eleven could do a decent job without breaking bank - they have a pretty good Dwayne Johnson portrait coming out, I'm sure they could do a proper Arnold. Otherwise it seems like years waiting with slight teases that may never be released, I'd love to get that 1984 1/4 scale terminator that was teased...I don't know 8 years ago?

Is this guy worth picking up for $240? Been waiting for Hot Toys to do a proper diecast Endo but chances of that happening any time soon seems to be super slim to none. I just want an Endo in my collection to display with the DX13.

I love mine. It?s looks fantastic on the shelf next to the Battle Damaged T800.

I got mine at the low point for it, and paid only 170.

It?s really a great looking figure, it got misaligned by the diehard fans.

My only complaints are the teeth were too white (fixed with a burnt umber wash) and it?s VERY light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine. It?s looks fantastic on the shelf next to the Battle Damaged T800.

I got mine at the low point for it, and paid only 170.

It?s really a great looking figure, it got misaligned by the diehard fans.

My only complaints are the teeth were too white (fixed with a burnt umber wash) and it?s VERY light weight.

Do you display with the big gun? I find it most impressive in photos without it, but agree on the light weight, was a bit of a turn off when I pulled it out of the box, then you notice the vac metal paint. I boxed it back up as the plan was to display with a proper Arnie figure once I have a new shelf set up.

Yea, I have it balanced with the big gun, but barely.

When I can find a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range in 1/6 for a reasonable price , I will change it out then.

Overall, I am VERY happy with the display. I?ll post a pic of it later.

Does the pistons from the back of the legs comes off? mine does comes off from one leg, is it broken?

Hi, the chromed paint from the abdominal spinal cord from mine figure peels off just by rubing it with my finger, does anyone else figure has this problem? the rest of the figure seems to not have this issue but i dont know if it is going to develope this problem too

Back