1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

I'm getting it regardless. Love the Endoskeleton and been waiting a 1/6 version since the 1/4 was announced. Not the ideal version but no chance in hell we're getting the one we want from Hot Toys.

Everyone said the same thing about getting anything from T1.

Damn, it does look really good, but that's no Endo I want on the shelf. I'm also passing, and will just hope they can use some of the component parts to cut down on the R&D for a future T1 or T2 Endo.

And where the hell have you been Roy? I haven't seen you around in ages!

I'll wait for the non progressive rock version.

I like it. Want more pics. Also would've preferred a T1/T2, but I like the new endo design.

Damn, it does look really good, but that's no Endo I want on the shelf. I'm also passing, and will just hope they can use some of the component parts to cut down on the R&D for a future T1 or T2 Endo.

And where the hell have you been Roy? I haven't seen you around in ages!

It's not really him, it's an impostor.

:lol

I have 2 kids now so I haven't had much spare time. I miss this place though, it always feels like home. :)

Oh and this Endo sucks, it's all poopie and whatnot ............. man that took me back :monkey2

I think there's going to be a lot of people in this boat, me included.

I'm getting it and will gladly look at it and think Terminator Endoskeleton. I have to time to dissect every nut and bolt placement to know which exact T-800 model it is. I will stay in the "ignorance is bliss" camp:lol

Well that's a pass, not surprised though. Really bugs me we got those two and not T1 Reese and a T1 Endo.

As much as I'm buzzing on Genisys a future Biehn Reese would be such a damn grail. We got that human Alex Murphy completely out of the blue, here's hoping that one day that will happen with Reese.

Same. After putting out the MMS 117 Uncle Bob, the MMS 129 T-1000, the MMS 136 Tech Noir, DX 10 Cyberdyne, DX 13 Steel Mill, and the MMS 238 Police Shootout, you would think Kyle Reese would have been a no brainer by now.

The antagonist and the protector with their various stages/looks throughout both films.

Just a pic I found on OSR

11701216_942382492451785_8389339642454448404_n.jpg

The antagonist and the protector with their various stages/looks throughout both films.

Exactly. Well there's some neat stuff on display but I'm kind of surprised that as far as SDCC's go I can't say this one is really blowing me away. No awesome surprises from any of my favorite licenses. Coolest reveals are probably Skeletor of all things and the Weta Minas Tirith environment.

No The Force Awakens, no BvS, no awesome Terminator/ALIENS surprises, no armored Azog or any of the cool BOTFA beasties. Ant-Man, Yellowjacket and Maria Hill from the MCU? Yeah, okay. :lol

I agree 100% Hologram AI. My thoughts exactly. All the Terminator fans out there need to look at this as a new endoskeleton no a rehash of Stan Winston's. When I compare this to the T1/T2 endoskeleton it is slightly disappointing in comparison. I still like it and will definitely get a couple maybe 3! I tend to look at the old ones as T-800's and this as a T-850 or T-900 what have you.

I'm getting it regardless. Love the Endoskeleton and been waiting a 1/6 version since the 1/4 was announced. Not the ideal version but no chance in hell we're getting the one we want from Hot Toys.

My God, your references are on point. Deep cuts, but that's what makes them so good here.

:D

How big of a difference are there between the new Endos and the Stan Winston ones?

While it certainly looks like a T-800 endoskeleton overall there's no part of it that wasn't redesigned in some way. Head, chest, arms, legs, midsection, there's differences of detail and proportion all over the place.

Just a pic I found on OSR

View attachment 195345

Just when you're warming to it from the side view in that earlier pic, along comes this one with the huge teeth.

Exactly. Well there's some neat stuff on display but I'm kind of surprised that as far as SDCC's go I can't say this one is really blowing me away. No awesome surprises from any of my favorite licenses. Coolest reveals are probably Skeletor of all things and the Weta Minas Tirith environment.

No The Force Awakens, no BvS, no awesome Terminator/ALIENS surprises, no armored Azog or any of the cool BOTFA beasties. Ant-Man, Yellowjacket and Maria Hill from the MCU? Yeah, okay. :lol

T1/T2 figures and Aliens Colonial Marine figures are the only surefire buys for me now.

There's some interesting things - the Marty McFly BTTF II and part II Delorean, this endoskeleton, Princess Leia and the Falcon cockpit - but so far the only new thing I've seen that I ''have to buy'' is that NECA Sarah Connor.

As much as I'm buzzing on Genisys a future Biehn Reese would be such a damn grail. We got that human Alex Murphy completely out of the blue, here's hoping that one day that will happen with Reese.

I recall reading that Biehn does not want to authorize the use of his likeness. Or maybe he'll just demand a large sum of money for its use. I think Peter Weller was demanding a lot for the use of his likeness for BD Robocop and Alex Murphy.

I'm wondering if the reason we haven't seen a Future Reese 2.0 or even a 1984 Reese is due to the Actor not releasing rights to his likeness. Who knows but it does seem odd that HT has done some random T1 stuff like the Tech-Noir and Battle Damaged Terminator and still no updated Reese. Its either a huge blunder on HT part or like I said Michael Biehn not releasing rights to his likeness.

As far as the T1 endoskeleton goes, I think we will still see one simply because they showed a prototype in the backstage pics of the 1/4 Endoskeleton. I imagine they will release it soon as it shouldn't be a competing piece against the Genisys endoskeleton as it is different enough to be its own figure. I would definitely buy both if they release them!!

Likeness rights isn't the issue. NECA had it for both Hicks and Reese. Now whether they managed to capture his likeness with their sculpts is debatable. :lol

Likeness rights isn't the issue. NECA had it for both Hicks and Reese. Now whether they managed to capture his likeness with their sculpts is debatable. :lol

Yeah, and if Hot Toys can get Jack Nicholson and Peter Weller, friggin' Michael Biehn should be a walk in the park.

Definitely shouldn't be an issue. NECA chose not to fork out the money for Nicholson or Weller but Biehn's rights were evidently cheap enough.

Hot Toy must be concerned with how well a Michael Biehn figure would sell. Presumably not well in China but the same can be said for anything not Iron Man.

You would think.......Who knows. The better do a future john connor from genisys. That future battle armor looked pretty badass!. Keep that Jai Courtney crap. Don't want any version with his head on it. I think a Matt Smith as Skynet figure would be awesome as well!

Back