1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Deadpool came yesterday and I'm not sure I've ever hated a figure more right out the box. Issues have been worked through, however, and for now I think I'll be keeping him.

First of all, the entire front of his neck was glued to the inside of the collar so you couldn't turn the head at all. It took me 20 minutes with a mini screwdriver and a steady hand to slowly pry the suit material apart from the neck. And then a little bit later, after I had put the head back in, I had to do the exact same thing since the remaining glue residue inside the collar made it completely stuck again. Also the back on the neck had some pretty good nicks in the plastic from where the zipper had been rubbing up against it inside the box but obviously it's not noticeable from the front.

After that I noticed one of the metal pieces on the collar was barely hanging on so I had to glue it back on.

Then, I decided to take one of the boots and shin guards off so I could get his kneepad lined up with the front of the leg since it was twisted off to one side right out of the box. Big mistake. That shin guard was the biggest b***h of all time to get back up his leg. There must have been some extra material bunched up on the inside of the suit along the seams or something on this leg since it was the tightest of tight fits possible, the other shin guard moved up and down pretty loosely. I seriously considered getting some butter out of the fridge to lube his leg up to get it on. Mmmm, butter.

So anyway, being as gentle as I possibly could to get it back on resulted in ripping a very small tear in the suit where the kneepad attaches. I decided glued it shut so it wouldn't spread, and used some black acrylic paint to hide the shine left by the glue, basically making it another small black mark to match the others all over the suit. Can't tell at all now, thank God. But I have serious anxiety now about how long this material will last now since I was babying the hell out of it and it still ripped.

And the last thing I was getting annoyed with was the weird proportions of the figure itself, but taking the neck peg completely makes such a world of difference by making the shoulders seem wider with the head sitting lower. And here's the kicker--that little extra glue residue inside the collar is now helping to keep the head in place without the peg if I turn or tilt it. Go figure.

Anyway. I'm using my Chitauri base for him now since his stand takes up so much dang room. Seems to fit for that big last scene in the movie.

IMG_4926.jpg

Mine came in today. It was great out of the box, not wrist issues. I switched the hands to the gun gripping hands once and probably wont ever change them again.

Mine came in today. It was great out of the box, not wrist issues. I switched the hands to the gun gripping hands once and probably wont ever change them again.

Why?

I've changed the hands on mine several times with zero issues. The process was so easy in fact that I have zero worries about the wrists at all. I'm more worried about posing it with the arms up (as it says not to do in the instructions) for any period of time than I am about any problems.

Does any one know what the best type of glue would be to use on his suit? Right out of the box his right knee pad was separating...

Does any one know what the best type of glue would be to use on his suit? Right out of the box his right knee pad was separating...

I wouldn't recommend gluing the kneepad to the vinyl suit. It may pop up a bit in more extreme poses, but if you glue it down and put it in the same pose you're going to rip the suit.

Nice, thanks! Does it fit the hot toys neck joint or does it just sit loosely, and did you need to trim the neck length?

When I removed the masked head, I didn't bother removing the black insert/adaptor or anything else for that matter. I simply inserted the OSK head into the body, no mods required.

When I removed the masked head, I didn't bother removing the black insert/adaptor or anything else for that matter. I simply inserted the OSK head into the body, no mods required.

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back