1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank goodness, sideshow was able to ship out my deadpool today and I still had it on a payment plan. Next week will be a good week, wrist problems or not lmao. Next will be either be black widow or war machine...opinions anybody?????

Just bouncing to the beats. [emoji445]

[emoji7]
5d95fe7266f57981c9021d6208d02d64.jpg
51757f37f3f18382941461e293f455dc.jpg
a65fa4675e2127663ca4b35e0cdec586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to stir up any more paranoia or hate on this figure just thought I would post an update on what I have gotten from Sideshow. To recap my figure came in with what I would call a damaged wrist. The pics were posted a while back but basically the fabric was so short on one of the arms that it would not remain tucked under the peg. I asked for a replacement and was told that the figure I had is the way the figure is supposed to be. I persisted that I would like a replacement as most of the people I see on this forum are getting "fixed" figures. The latest reply I got from sideshow is as follows:

I would like to assure you that your item is from the shipment, where Hot Toys has corrected the gauntlet/cuff hem issue. Upon collector feedback on the first wave of this release, Hot Toys altered the shape of Deadpool's gauntlets to create a wider opening to avoid any unnecessary friction between the switch out hand accessories and the costume's cuff edge. Edge seaming is expected to have some variances as the costumes were individually sewn.

I have taken a picture of the wrist area of a sample that we had opened in-house. If you feel that this sample is significantly better than what you have in hand, then we can pursue an exchange. If you feel as if it is not a significant improvement, then you can choose to keep the item with a $20 credit, for any inconvenience that this process may have created, or you may choose a full refund of your item.

The attached pictures will show how the seam of sleeve of our sample looks and the movement of the cuff edge when the arm is bent. As with any sixth scale figure, once the figure is positioned you will need to adjust clothing including sleeves and cuffs at the wrist. Since our sample's cuff movement was similar and the hem seaming was also to your pictures, we felt like an exchange wouldn't be an improvement. This is why I originally suggested a full return if you were dissatisfied with what you had.

View attachment 304167

This picture helps to show that when the elbow of our sample is bent the fabric may slightly pull back, making it appear as you have reported. This circled area is also a completely normal view of this circumstance.​

View attachment 304168

You can gently tug his sleeve back down towards the wrist peg, as I have done
here and it will appear as it does below in the circled area. Once this gauntlet is fitted onto his wrist peg, the sleeve will then simply fit under the gauntlet as intended.

View attachment 304169

Please let me know which option you would like to pursue prior to November 17th, so we can help you as quickly as possible.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work together towards a resolution for this issue!

Omg...
U love that kind of figure? Or u love deadpool?
I mean i can understand if people buying non articulate armored batman, because there is a big chance that they wont make it again,
But deadpool 2 is coming... Theyll sell us better one!! In the mean time you can buy other figure, or get that sideshow deadpool statue, it look sooo good

I just trying to save u guys from major disappointment

ssss.jpg
*Pic not mine*

Just wanna ask what body did hottoys used on deadpool? some pics that i saw there's a bulge in the tummy area.

Not trying to stir up any more paranoia or hate on this figure just thought I would post an update on what I have gotten from Sideshow. To recap my figure came in with what I would call a damaged wrist. The pics were posted a while back but basically the fabric was so short on one of the arms that it would not remain tucked under the peg. I asked for a replacement and was told that the figure I had is the way the figure is supposed to be. I persisted that I would like a replacement as most of the people I see on this forum are getting "fixed" figures. The latest reply I got from sideshow is as follows:

I would like to assure you that your item is from the shipment, where Hot Toys has corrected the gauntlet/cuff hem issue. Upon collector feedback on the first wave of this release, Hot Toys altered the shape of Deadpool's gauntlets to create a wider opening to avoid any unnecessary friction between the switch out hand accessories and the costume's cuff edge. Edge seaming is expected to have some variances as the costumes were individually sewn.

I have taken a picture of the wrist area of a sample that we had opened in-house. If you feel that this sample is significantly better than what you have in hand, then we can pursue an exchange. If you feel as if it is not a significant improvement, then you can choose to keep the item with a $20 credit, for any inconvenience that this process may have created, or you may choose a full refund of your item.

The attached pictures will show how the seam of sleeve of our sample looks and the movement of the cuff edge when the arm is bent. As with any sixth scale figure, once the figure is positioned you will need to adjust clothing including sleeves and cuffs at the wrist. Since our sample's cuff movement was similar and the hem seaming was also to your pictures, we felt like an exchange wouldn't be an improvement. This is why I originally suggested a full return if you were dissatisfied with what you had.

View attachment 304167

This picture helps to show that when the elbow of our sample is bent the fabric may slightly pull back, making it appear as you have reported. This circled area is also a completely normal view of this circumstance.​

View attachment 304168

here and it will appear as it does below in the circled area. Once this gauntlet is fitted onto his wrist peg, the sleeve will then simply fit under the gauntlet as intended.

View attachment 304169

Please let me know which option you would like to pursue prior to November 17th, so we can help you as quickly as possible.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work together towards a resolution for this issue!

WTF..so they won't even replace it for you? It looks like they want you to fix it yourself :thud:

I'm on th eve of buying this figure. I sold some items from eBay and now I have money on my paypal.

But because of this wristgate issue I'm veriy deliberate to buy it. Any recommendation?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 304167

View attachment 304168

View attachment 304169

I think I already made my decision after reading this message. I'm giving up to buy it. I won't pay more than $300 for a defective good.

Such a baseless response from Sideshow is this? Hot Toys think to avoid friction by correcting the gauntlets opening??? It's an articulated figure, man! This wrists has an articulation peg. It's impossible to avoid any friction with that way. Or they're trying to tel "please do not articulate the wrists"? Such a disappointment!

Last edited:
Back