1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Say 'ello to my little friend!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't wait to get mine. It is shipping out 22nd of this month. Have an extra with bbts in case the one sideshow sends me is garbage. But in the end I'm keeping this guy. Never once through all the wrist drama did I think to cancel.

Sadly sideshow I don't think will be replacing it you get the wrist issues because it opens the flood gates.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get mine. It is shipping out 22nd of this month. Have an extra with bbts in case the one sideshow sends me is garbage. But in the end I'm keeping this guy. Never once through all the wrist drama did I think to cancel.

Sadly sideshow I don't think will be replacing it you get the wrist issues because it opens the flood gates.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I'm definitely keeping my order through BBTS. I'm still on the waitlist for SS. The only concern I have is budgeting this figure when I get a shipping notice.

Yeah. I'm definitely keeping my order through BBTS. I'm still on the waitlist for SS. The only concern I have is budgeting this figure when I get a shipping notice.

At least they'll send you an "incoming notice".

Don't eat out for a month.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

She keeps them in the shippers?.. What's the point of buying it? Unless it's an "investment".

Mine is mine to do as I please and I plan to display and pose regularly with my other 6th scales she's gotten me over the years because she got it for me. I will never sell anything my wife has gotten me. She's seen what's gone on with this particular figure so she's ordered hers to keep as an investment, yes. No quotation marks, it's an actual investment. ;)
She's gotten and sold a few of the 6th scales, and for example, the first Avenger film figures - she's made a decent amount of money when we needed the money for medical procedures and medications in addition to the gofundme campaign, so it's paid off. I've always been a collector and investor in items like this and made great profit years down the road. This figure, seeing the issues and all, having MINT In Box ones will be difficult to find down the road. So it's a solid investment. :)

J

got mine,
Unfortunately its packed away for Christmas and wont see the light of day until DEC .

Finger need a little tweaking but it's close enough. Better than not having one.

deadpool-2016-movie-review-middle-finger-colossus.jpg

Attachments

• gOKVlTA.jpg
    gOKVlTA.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 320
Just got mine today without the "wrist problem", came from the revised batch... So hopefully I don't have to worry about the wrists. There a distance between the hands and the arms, very happy they fixed this.

Going to be very honest about it: it's probably the most unique Hot Toys figure I've ever had in my hands or witnessed in real life. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Very detailed, they used a lot of materials and put a lot of thought in that figure, it's mindblowing. Fantastic looking figure.

However, there are some huge flaws, or maybe even upcoming flaws I'm fearing a lot:

1) The costume, the texture of the costume: it looks very fragile. On the shoulders, there are some small flaws, like there is a tiny dot of red wool on the black of the left shoulder. Guess it's because everything on this figure looks like it has been hand-stitched, but still, it's not something you would expect.. yet it's there.

2) Sure the costume is extensible, you can pose Deadpool however you like, but I really fear the material is going to wear on the arms if you expose the figure in a certain pose over a long period of time. So I'm going to go for a classic pose because it really feels like it will wear easily. Then again, it really mimics the real life on that one, if you were to maintain the same pose for a week with say.. a black leather jacket.. it would surely leave a mark on the leather. But you don't want to see that on a figure, you want it to look "as new", well I guess it's just a personal thing on that one.

3) The pouches and the holsters look cheap if you pay close attention, like if you're 10 cm from your figure. Not a huge problem, but it's not worthy of a $250 figure. If you look at it from a distance, like 1 meter, 2 meters, it doesn't bother me, but from a close distance, it does look cheap.

4) The stand is waaay to big, just like the Black Chrome Batman Armored stand. Why didn't they go for a regular stand? However, I love the magnetized pole, very clever.

5) WHERE IS THE ADVENTURE TIME WATCH? Why didn't they include a hand with that watch? Godammit, it would have been the perfect exclusive bonus to add to this figure.

That being said... it's a fantastic figure. Blown away that the swords are diecast. Recently, I've been very let down by the Black Chrome Armored Batman from Hot Toys, had to order the regular version to make it up for it (see my message on the dedicated topic), I felt that Batman really didn't live up to the promo pictures, but this Deadpool has blown my mind. It looks exactly like I expected (though the pouches could have used more expensive material), and it's way more poseable that I expected too. You can do whatever you want with this figure (BUT I really fear that the costume will show marks of wear in the upcoming future if you go for a dramatic pose). It comes with a lot of variant hands, the amount of accessories is perfect (except the adventure time watch any fan of the movie would have loved to get), so I'm happy with that.

If I had to rate this figure out of all the Hot Toys I've seen in my life, he'd probably sit in the top 10 figures. I feel it really is the best Hot Toys figure from 2016 hands down (still gotta see that Joker from Suicide Squad, looks wicked), it's extremely detailed and faithful to the movie, it's clearly the best Deadpool figure ever released (miles better than the other Sideshow 1/6 figure which looks ridiculous next to it imo).
Still, when I put it next to the rest of my collection, I feel it doesn't beat Robocop 2.0, it doesn't beat Terminator 1 figure (Battle Damaged version with black leather jacket) nor does it beat the Joker from Dark Knight. But it's definitely amongst the very best of what Hot Toys have produced in the last 5 years, so I thank them for bringing this Deadpool to life, and I thank Ryan Renolds for making this movie happens (to me one of the 3 best movies from 2016 with Hateful Eight and The Revenant).

Back