1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're not though...I'm not sure how you got that impression from the many positive feedback people have been posting here.

DioramaMaker just posted pictures of the material on the wrists coming loose and exposing the body underneath.

DioramaMaker just posted pictures of the material on the wrists coming loose and exposing the body underneath.

Some people are blind to negative comments/facts I guess. Only positive comments/praise is what matters the most to them.

I just cancelled my BBTS PO. I'd suggest that if you wanted one, go to the site and refresh like hell.

I don't "DIY" $200+ figures. **** that.

And some people are full of negativity, looking at their post history...shows a lot about them as a person.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just finished un-boxing Deadpool. Overall I'm very pleased. The right wrist does show some signs of an issue but nothing to worry about. Left wrist looks good. I literally took him right out the box, took the hands straight off and took some quick pictures, no twisting whatsoever. Last photo I did attach his thumbs up hand. Will post a video and more photos shortly...........

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1993 (1).JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

So are the flex payers getting this first? I ordered pretty close to the release and have heard nothing from my order.

I understand the fears with this figure. It's not cheap, and it should be perfect. I have at least 30 hot toys figures and none of them are perfect but I love 'em all! Can't wait for this one!

Nice display! Whats the dimension of that display? Seem u can easily fit 20 figures in one shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's gorgeous.

It would've been a dream come true to add Jackman to the MCU.

My only criticism of the display would be iron man.. You need to throw the 45 in there. Or.. The 46.. Or I'd probably wait and see what his infinity war getup will be.

DioramaMaker, sorry that popped free, but I do remember something like that happening in the initial release reviews, and I noticed that where it's meant to be under the ball joint. So I always figured that a suggested fix would be to pop the black balljoint out, re-glue the fabric under it and then put the black balljoint back in. Some figures even in the initial Hong Kong release either had the fabric glued under it, in which case the rubbing would rip the material, or it wasn't glued under the ball, so it would just pop out instead of ripping with rubbing. Try heating it a bit - there has to be some give for pose-ability - and gently pull the fabric down to get it back into place. Seems if they did shave down the edge of the forearm like you stated at the wrist to prevent fabric ripping, they may have not glued the fabric in and just tucked it behind the black balljoint and figured it would be fine. My plan, if my once-over reveals any issues is to make sure the fabric is glued under the black balljoint. Just make sure you don't glue the balljoint or it won't allow you to bend at the wrist, and don't get glue inside where the balljoint goes back into the forearm or it won't be able to pop back in again.

I also think there's two overreactions going on - the overreaction of just cancelling and flipping out and going off on it all, and then the almost attacking people in defence of the figure. Even if it's not intended, it can easily read like that. Some people are starting to just figure it's being blind to problems and negativity and the other camp is saying there's blindness to anything good and only seeing negativity. It's expensive and you have to be careful, absolutely. I always am with mine, but it's also meant to be posed and displayed however or how often you want. That can't be ignored. If it wasn't meant to be posed and displayed however we want, they'd make them statues without articulation. But people need to chill with each other too. We're all here for the same reason. Not everyone reacts to things the same way. Some days I'm annoyed as all hell about this, other days I'm preoccupied and just "whatever" about it. I'm all about the wait and see and pray the issue is resolved and my figures are fine. I'll be more careful due to all this crap going on, but I'm also going to pose it as often as I want to because the figure is simply too wicked not to enjoy it.

Like a few of us keep saying, while this is frustrating and stressful to whatever degree and nobody is saying it's NOT a frustrating situation, everyone needs to just wait and see what happens when their figure arrives. Give it a go-over, check it out, then do what you want to do whether it's fine, so have at it and pose away or whatever you want to do with it, or t's not fine and send it back for replacement, try and fix it, or get a refund. It's a great figure, it's worth it to me at least. Let's just all hope that form here on out, it's all solid and if anything new pops up, that it can be fixed with relative ease.

So here's a NEW discussion topic to add to the thread!!!
What's your usual posing routine when you get your figures?
I usually go through the initial period of posing it like crazy for the first week or 2 solid, then settle in on poses where I'll start to leave it for 2 or 3 days for awhile, then I'll start getting to the point where I'll make a good pose and leave it for about a week. Then after putting it in weekly poses for a month or so, I go to Bi-weekly posing and then it'll pretty quickly go to maybe a new pose for a month, another new pose for a month, then it's just posed - usually in one of my favourite previous poses - until I get a new 6th scale and I have to rearrange my display so they all get a good brushing off of dust and reposed all together. LOL
Now that I'm actually decided on a new diorama and wanting to ramp up my reviews to get all o fly figures done plus try and grab 1 new Avenger every 4 months until I have them all, I want to do a once-every-2-months clean brush and pose evaluation to see if it's time for a new pose or not. This'll give me more interaction with the figures, more enjoyment, and right now as you read this you're thinking that I'm just a wee bit touched so, yes, it's ok to laugh. ;)

Good luck!

J

Such amazing figure. I'm glad I bite in the last moment and po him. Him and SSC version willl look good together.

Right now, everything is in the box. Lol
I'm researching about getting a custom built display cab. (Hence i asked about the dimension previously)
I need to be able to pose everything i have n will have. With current almost 60 and i predict wil go up to 80 when phase 3 finished. (Unless i trim dowm my IM collection. Which i think might be a good idea. Lol)

580b4869f077325e7685982cf5593fc7.jpg

Ever consider building your own? It's really just a big wooden box. Plus you can make it to your own liking.

Or get a cabinet maker to build one to spec.

I'm happy, head sculpt is perfect and looks just like Reynolds. But I can see how some may be concerned, in hand and out of hand. There's the same issues with fragility/longevity in all these toys, so I'm not too worried. Just a bummer when it happens. What concerns me is why I'm army building Deadpool...

---

Ever consider building your own? It's really just a big wooden box. Plus you can make it to your own liking.

I've been thinking bout it as well. But i dont really have the skills to a good carpentry.

Back