1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or get a cabinet maker to build one to spec.

I'm happy, head sculpt is perfect and looks just like Reynolds. But I can see how some may be concerned, in hand and out of hand. There's the same issues with fragility/longevity in all these toys, so I'm not too worried. Just a bummer when it happens. What concerns me is why I'm army building Deadpool...

---

Perfect :clap

I've been thinking bout it as well. But i dont really have the skills to a good carpentry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can really shoot the moon or just go very basic in building a case. There are a few factors that the complexity, like how much weight it will bear, how many shelves, if you want a "hobby" looking case or a professional, planed wood case, staining, glass or not, etc.

But i figured it was just a glorified wooden box and ppl have been building those for centuries. And they didnt have access to information like we do in 2016. There are hundreds of vids on YouTube.

I started looking into this because i couldnt find a case that fitted my space and display needs.

Obviously you can hire someone to do it, but for the same cost you can probably buy some tools and materials and then have the knowledge and experience, be independent of any contractor, make other cases, etc. My .02.

You can really shoot the moon or just go very basic in building a case. There are a few factors that the complexity, like how much weight it will bear, how many shelves, if you want a "hobby" looking case or a professional, planed wood case, staining, glass or not, etc.

But i figured it was just a glorified wooden box and ppl have been building those for centuries. And they didnt have access to information like we do in 2016. There are hundreds of vids on YouTube.

I started looking into this because i couldnt find a case that fitted my space and display needs.

Obviously you can hire someone to do it, but for the same cost you can probably buy some tools and materials and then have the knowledge and experience, be independent of any contractor, make other cases, etc. My .02.

Thanks man. Yeah i have what i want in mind. Maybe i'll consult my fav carpenter and see how it goes. Cost vs time vs money vs aesthetic.

I got back from a business trip yesterday to find DP waiting for me and thankfully survived the trip from SS to the UK unscathed.

No regrets! He's everything I hoped he would be and so far the wrists are looking fine. I have him in a standard museum pose currently but might get a bit more adventurous later one.

One complaint, his arse cheeks seem to cut off too soon leaving the suit looking weird but other than that, he really is rather glorious!

d283257750e8c3f33c594c9690a87961.jpg
bdf3edb682f81be556769fec663244dd.jpg

Or get a cabinet maker to build one to spec.

I'm happy, head sculpt is perfect and looks just like Reynolds. But I can see how some may be concerned, in hand and out of hand. There's the same issues with fragility/longevity in all these toys, so I'm not too worried. Just a bummer when it happens. What concerns me is why I'm army building Deadpool...

IMG_8937_zpstl9trtli.jpg

I keep seeing this pop up once in a while, what is it? the ab section of the articulation popping out? or has he had too many chimichangas?

2F93FBDD00000578-3371340-image-m-10_1450834319539.jpg

I've seen 2 fixes on YouTube. I may preemtivly do the wrist lube even if I don't immediately detect any issue.

What's your usual posing routine when you get your figures?

As much as I enjoy them I don't pose them too heavily. Over the first few days of getting a new figure I tend to go over the tailoring, joints, and accessories gently. I do minor poses just to see what I can get away with. I finally settle on one and stick it in the cabinet. I might do a repose every couple of months. None of that's really due to them being fragile it's just out of habit I guess.

Deadpool was a figure I saw myself posing more regularly.

b086c5896707bb510e6219a8bedbb185.jpg
5ec318eb33d26fc8ebbf72b4340bed41.jpg
df251c291866c3a859ee66a1c320f5d7.jpg
a98c763c7b19bec02eae2b9c62e28122.jpg

Hey guys. I found out a way to enhance the chest. Just take the head off and apply some thin cotton (I got mine inside a vitamin jar) with tweezers inside the suit. It takes some futzing but you can pretty much get it to look however you want.

Back