1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeer no! I don't work for them, I'm not Motux!: lol

But come on, it's pure and simple logic!

To solve this problem, you have only two possibilities. Make new gloves but it wouldn't solve much as there would still be friction at the bottom or change the suit material.
Because, if the wrist area is a problem, the whole suit is and will eventually crumble.
Can you really imagine HT willing to recall all the figs that are already on ships obviously, packaged and all, to change outfit they probably don't have a replacement yet? Are you really this naive?
Have you seen the time it takes from prototype stage to actual release? And you really think that a few weeks delay is enough to do all that?

Dream if you want, but trust me, you'll wake up eventually!

First. World. Problems.

I really doubt this has anything to do with the wrist or suit. Given that it's the same delay they would do for a figure released at this same time without issues. People see theses ssc adjusted arrival dates and take them as things they are not. These are not production delays. They are just adjusted arrival to sideshow things. The adjustments are more about flex schedules then anything else. If this was an actual delay to fix something hot toys would announce it and it would be mentioned officially. This is just a standard arrival change

Seriously, how could that be the reason for the delay?

To solve that fiasco, the only thing would be to make new suits with a new material. That means going back to the drawing board and months of delay. Get real people!

I didn't know you worked for Hot Toys.. wow

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Enzolt, come on man, motux and 16k are right about this. HT isn't going to redo the suit in that short amount of time.

I'm not saying it's at all likely.. But it's possible they caught the problem fairly early on and remedied it as a running change.. But that is HIGHLY unlikely.

Also, I don't think it takes the ships a month to cross an ocean.

So, it's either due to the shipping disturbance (more likely) or an update from hot toys (very unlikely)

Annnnnnyway, all speculation aside, I'm hoping someone comes up with a more permanent fix for this. It seems like a small plastic cuff that fit over the wrist attachment would do the trick in easing the friction.

It actually takes about a month for the all process. Merchandise has to be gathered and picked up, clear customs, be loaded on the cargo ship, cross the ocean, be unloaded, stopped at new customs, probably loaded on trucks to go to the wharehouse where quantity has to be checked, packaging and labels printed, shipped to you... That's actually many stages, and any delay in one of the stage will have repercussion on the next one.

I'm just saying it only takes like 6 to 10 days at the slowest for a ship to cross an ocean. It's been like 18 days or so since it was released.. So I would assume it would be crossing an ocean at this point.

I guess we'll see. If there were any fixes being done, I too would expect that sideshow/hot toys would want that information out there as soon as possible.

Can anyone just call sideshow directly and ask them straight up if its due to the wrist issue or the shipment crash....dibs out :lol

I made a post about calling them up and flat out asking, but I didn't want to have it turn into an argument so I deleted it, but since you've asked, I did call up to deal with a billing issue and while I had them on the line, I asked why the delay without providing any info so they just didn't go with whatever I said and the rep did say that "it's due to a recent unexpected problem that came up in production". I'm taking that with a grain of salt because nobody truly knows except Hot Toys, and I'm not going to get into it and I can only go on what I was told. It's possible it's the wrist, it's possible the rep was just guessing but it sounded too specific to be a random guess. Regardless, we'll only really know when we finally get the figures in-hand. Until then, it's all speculation.
Although I have no idea why people are just assuming the entire suit is going to deteriorate when every single reviewer said it's localized to the wrist and the rest of the suit is absolutely fine.

Hopefully they ARE dealing with it and we get our perfect figure. Even if they aren't, everyone who has it says it's still one of the best 6th scales yet which isn't a bad thing!

J

Enzolt, come on man, motux and 16k are right about this. HT isn't going to redo the suit in that short amount of time.
Never said the whole suit. I said just a minor fix for the wrist. It's like how Mk42 arm got fixed at release.

Never said the whole suit. I said just a minor fix for the wrist. It's like how Mk42 arm got fixed at release.

Not saying that you said the whole suit. My comment was more directed at your sarcastic comment about 16k working for HT. It didn't need to be said. He was talking about the only way to totally fix this, was to redo the suit. I think it's an accurate statement. Even if they tried to come up with a way to fix the wrist issue, I believe it would take longer than the month or so that this has been delayed. Me, I don't think that HT is going to do anything to fix the issue.

Not saying that you said the whole suit. My comment was more directed at your sarcastic comment about 16k working for HT. It didn't need to be said. He was talking about the only way to totally fix this, was to redo the suit. I think it's an accurate statement. Even if they tried to come up with a way to fix the wrist issue, I believe it would take longer than the month or so that this has been delayed. Me, I don't think that HT is going to do anything to fix the issue.
Ahhh gotcha.

Well, my apologies to 16k about my sarcasm. Sometimes, it's the only way to get a point across.

Wishful thinking might've gotten the best of me with the delay..

Ahhh gotcha.

Well, my apologies to 16k about my sarcasm. Sometimes, it's the only way to get a point across.

:duff:

Well, I think this figure is gonna be awesome, with or without a wrist fix from HT.

I made a post about calling them up and flat out asking, but I didn't want to have it turn into an argument so I deleted it, but since you've asked, I did call up to deal with a billing issue and while I had them on the line, I asked why the delay without providing any info so they just didn't go with whatever I said and the rep did say that "it's due to a recent unexpected problem that came up in production". I'm taking that with a grain of salt because nobody truly knows except Hot Toys, and I'm not going to get into it and I can only go on what I was told. It's possible it's the wrist, it's possible the rep was just guessing but it sounded too specific to be a random guess. Regardless, we'll only really know when we finally get the figures in-hand. Until then, it's all speculation.
Although I have no idea why people are just assuming the entire suit is going to deteriorate when every single reviewer said it's localized to the wrist and the rest of the suit is absolutely fine.

Hopefully they ARE dealing with it and we get our perfect figure. Even if they aren't, everyone who has it says it's still one of the best 6th scales yet which isn't a bad thing!

J

I'm not going to get my hopes up about it being fixed, but that is interesting that used "production" rather than "shipping".

Oh well.. I wonder if they could make a cap or something for the rest and ship it separately or something like that. So they wouldn't have to go through the process of exchanging and wasting a ton of money.

No, that wouldn't remedy the entire problem, but so far it seems to be the wrists that are most affected.

Has anyone had the fabric totally rip apart yet? Or it it just the sort of tearing/scuffing we've seen?

Either way I'm still super excited for this.

I'm not going to get my hopes up about it being fixed, but that is interesting that used "production" rather than "shipping".

Oh well.. I wonder if they could make a cap or something for the rest and ship it separately or something like that. So they wouldn't have to go through the process of exchanging and wasting a ton of money.

No, that wouldn't remedy the entire problem, but so far it seems to be the wrists that are most affected.

Has anyone had the fabric totally rip apart yet? Or it it just the sort of tearing/scuffing we've seen?

Either way I'm still super excited for this.

You are right on being excited, I haven't regret at all this buy, even though it has the wrist problem, I still love the materials used and the figure overall IMG_9999.JPGIMG_0069.JPG

Everyone is saying they recieved some sort of delay email? I recieved no such email searched my email folder. I wonder if the stock of figures is the delay issue and certain people won't recieve figures until October/November due to supply problems? Just spitballing don't wanna cause a ruckus just wondering did anyone else not recieve that email whose on pre order at SS?

Ahhh gotcha.

Hey, no sweat my friend, no apologies needed, but thanks anyway!

I guess this whole situation makes people nervous and overreacting, including me!

I have that figure in hand, or rather in box as I don't even dare to move it, and it's really sad because it's a beautiful figure. I wish some guys are right and HT solves the issue, but like I said, can't really see how.
Whatever, I can't see how any of the fixes I've heard of so far won't be a problem in the long run. Epoxy or glue or varnish will probably protect the area, but they will also harden the fabric, creating a breaking point area at the junction between the modded part and the original part when the suit starts to crumble

Everyone is saying they recieved some sort of delay email? I recieved no such email searched my email folder. I wonder if the stock of figures is the delay issue and certain people won't recieve figures until October/November due to supply problems? Just spitballing don't wanna cause a ruckus just wondering did anyone else not recieve that email whose on pre order at SS?

I would call them or check your order status on sideshow. I ordered this guy back in Feb March when stock was plentiful.
If you ordered from sideshow and didn't receive an email in this guy I'd worry

Bleh. So over the bull crap. Just give me my faulty figure so I can put it behind glass and pretend nothing was ever wrong.

Back