1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A well known shipping carrier Hanjin just went bust, causing tremendous delays to all who used their services.

Their ships and cargo are apparently stuck now.

If HT used them to ship their figures, that could be the reason they adjusted the delivery dates to account for the stuck cargo either at port or seas or securing the services of another carrier.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hanjin-shipping-debt-freight-idUSKCN11F00D

It would explain almost everything getting delay emails today

I got delay emails for both deadpool and war machine Mark 1. (I'm not on flex pay)

Anyways.. That sounds like a shipping nightmare.

I got delay emails for both deadpool and war machine Mark 1. (I'm not on flex pay)

Anyways.. That sounds like a shipping nightmare.

the mk1dc is a good example of what I mean. It was originally listed as arriving sept-nov by sideshow. However hot toys has it listed as q3-q4 from the start. Since sideshow offers a flex pay they take that into account when announcing their anticipated release window. Sideshow has its back end anticipated arrival over a month before even hot toys. So when ssc adjusts the window as time goes by it doesn't mean the figure is delayed for any reason, or that it's getting extra work or fixing things ect. It just means that sideshow is letting people know that it won't be arriving this month or whatnot and they adjust the anticipated window.

It seems like nearly every figure gets these emails because unless they release early they all do. And that's not because they are all delayed, but because sideshow offers an anticipated release window and adjusts it as the window closes..as well as that window being based on when people should have funds ready and not when it will arrive. Or they would never have a window smaller or before hot toys expects it to release. Which they often do, and the war machine mk1 is a perfect example. Hot toys said it may not release until as late as December 31 and sideshow had its window close a full month before hand. If the window truly reflected actual release and time to get to ssc it would have intially said anywhere from sept thru February. They don't do that because there's a chance it releases in the early window and they want people to have the funds ready just in case, and also because they want the flex payments to be at the last month whenever it releases.

I just got the delay email as well.

Hopefully that means they're sorting out this wrist issue.

I didn't know you worked for Hot Toys.. wow

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Eeer no! I don't work for them, I'm not Motux!: lol

But come on, it's pure and simple logic!

To solve this problem, you have only two possibilities. Make new gloves but it wouldn't solve much as there would still be friction at the bottom or change the suit material.
Because, if the wrist area is a problem, the whole suit is and will eventually crumble.
Can you really imagine HT willing to recall all the figs that are already on ships obviously, packaged and all, to change outfit they probably don't have a replacement yet? Are you really this naive?
Have you seen the time it takes from prototype stage to actual release? And you really think that a few weeks delay is enough to do all that?

Dream if you want, but trust me, you'll wake up eventually!

Eeer no! I don't work for them, I'm not Motux!: lol

But come on, it's pure and simple logic!

To solve this problem, you have only two possibilities. Make new gloves but it wouldn't solve much as there would still be friction at the bottom or change the suit material.
Because, if the wrist area is a problem, the whole suit is and will eventually crumble.
Can you really imagine HT willing to recall all the figs that are already on ships obviously, packaged and all, to change outfit they probably don't have a replacement yet? Are you really this naive?
Have you seen the time it takes from prototype stage to actual release? And you really think that a few weeks delay is enough to do all that?

Dream if you want, but trust me, you'll wake up eventually!
Don't wake me up until the figure arrives! :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today....sadly strict museum pose w fist not to disrupt the suit until help arrives. Freakin awesome fig....Bats, Pool and BD Cap clearly step up...

Assembling some generic 'thugs' for DP to battle :)

094b3974aacec4788d23515316a11778.jpg

79b28f9d254a9f1b372916c4e0ff2a67.jpg

Is this headsculpt anyone famous? Just said "male".....but I don't know the who's who of Hollywood.

Assembling some generic 'thugs' for DP to battle :)

094b3974aacec4788d23515316a11778.jpg

79b28f9d254a9f1b372916c4e0ff2a67.jpg

Is this headsculpt anyone famous? Just said "male".....but I don't know the who's who of Hollywood.

Yeah its Jake Gyllenhall, whatever his name is?
I think it was one of the last HT TT bodies to come with a headsculpt.
I might get my Deadpool kicking my Expendable figs asses.

Back