1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does not make sense from a time and cost perspective to re-do the suit for a localized problem.

Don't know how they are going to solve the wrist problem but glad they are!

Keeping my pre-order.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No way HT getting the suit material entirely. Too much work was put into it. Most likely HT will glue the wrist down for us. Lol

[emoji1]I was thinking the same but with the hands. Picturing a bunch of HT workers with 2 cups of water and a wooden spoon makes me laugh.

I would be happier with that prototype as well, at least his torso looks filled out and his head looks less like a pinhead.

Its the same small torso they used on the final product (only the original proto had a bigger torso), its the huge turtleneck that hides his long neck making the figure look better proportioned. The ideal figure would have been be the original body combined with the final material.

I think people cancelling forced Sideshow to act, and they addresed the issue as urgent to Hot toys.

If you want a company to move quickly speak in dollars. Too bad something similar hasn't been done on other QC issues. If that is in fact what caused the delay.

I don't think sideshow really had anything to do with it.
I don't see why they at least didn't have some say.

America is a huge market for these figures. It's also Sideshows lost income for every cancelled pre-order. Of course they will notify Hot Toys one way or another.

I don't see why they at least didn't have some say.

America is a huge market for these figures. It's also Sideshows lost income for every cancelled pre-order. Of course they will notify Hot Toys one way or another.

SS has more demand for this figure than they have available that is why it is still on WL. So sideshow is not losing any sales on this figure yet.

Yeah, but my point still stands.

It'd be different if sideshow had these in Stock and were getting return after return and furious calls and emails but they're probably not. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people who cancelled probably didn't even call or email, just ate the NRD. And I mean if you've only gotten a few dozen phone calls/emails about it, they're not gonna do ****.

In all likelihood, hot toys was fully aware of the wrist issue but wasn't sure if it was isolated. So when all the reviews started popping up of the HK release deadpools and that they all seem to have the common wrist issue, Hot toys knew they had a big problem on their hands.

SS has more demand for this figure than they have available that is why it is still on WL. So sideshow is not losing any sales on this figure yet.

Yes, but they might anticipate people wanting returns in the future due to this issue.

Your figs are getting fixed obviously, spare a thought for those who got the fig early doors. :gah:

I really doubt this has anything to do with the wrist or suit. Given that it's the same delay they would do for a figure released at this same time without issues. People see theses ssc adjusted arrival dates and take them as things they are not. These are not production delays. They are just adjusted arrival to sideshow things. The adjustments are more about flex schedules then anything else. If this was an actual delay to fix something hot toys would announce it and it would be mentioned officially. This is just a standard arrival change

At this point, were all just speculating. Let's wait for release and hope the wrists are fixed.

I really doubt this has anything to do with the wrist or suit. Given that it's the same delay they would do for a figure released at this same time without issues. People see theses ssc adjusted arrival dates and take them as things they are not. These are not production delays. They are just adjusted arrival to sideshow things. The adjustments are more about flex schedules then anything else. If this was an actual delay to fix something hot toys would announce it and it would be mentioned officially. This is just a standard arrival change

This was exactly my thoughts as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously, how could that be the reason for the delay?

To solve that fiasco, the only thing would be to make new suits with a new material. That means going back to the drawing board and months of delay. Get real people!

Seriously, how could that be the reason for the delay?

To solve that fiasco, the only thing would be to make new suits with a new material. That means going back to the drawing board and months of delay. Get real people!
I didn't know you worked for Hot Toys.. wow

I wonder they are hiring a bunch of child laborers and applying leather lube on the wrist of these figures. haha

A well known shipping carrier Hanjin just went bust, causing tremendous delays to all who used their services.

Their ships and cargo are apparently stuck now.

If HT used them to ship their figures, that could be the reason they adjusted the delivery dates to account for the stuck cargo either at port or seas or securing the services of another carrier.

Last edited:
Back