1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peeling pleather is a huge deal. Once an area is compromised it will only spread. My DX05 jacket will vouch for me.

A massive recall would teach HT a lesson, I doubt that will happen though. It was never going to be plain sailing with Deads I guess.

They won't care. They never did anything about ED-209 and countless other figures with major issues.

Damn this thread has moved fast. That wrist problem sucks - thanks to Dean and Clipper for the vids and education!

Really don't think the wrist issue is as big as we think it is. The reason dean's wrists look as messed up as they do is because they aren't tucked in anymore. you can see in the video that the really bad one isn't tucked in at all. Tuck in back in there and it would look fine. :dunno
certainly not worth gluing the wrist pegs in like Clipper. That only makes it so you can't tuck them in anymore.
Do you understand the frayed material will fray even further and spread? I hope so or you wouldn't be making that statement.

I honestly hope you are right though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stretched out the hands and the wrist peg holes. Defiantly makes changing the hands a lot easier. Almost no rubbing on the suit now. Anyone getting this fig I would do this straight away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a small flat head screwdriver for the wrist peg hole and the end of a marker pen for the wrist section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man if only, i could wait another year for a better tested out material. Even though its looks super damn inpressive, its gonna peel like cap americas first avenger shield.

want this to last yeeeeeears not just a couple and figure expires with the prices we pay.

this is the best of the best, top end of collectibles in the figure world. It should be also with quality and durability.

most of their figures are but damn shame this wont be... real damn shame

Yeah, no shoe glue or varnish or whatever will solve the issue, it will just delay the inevitable. In a few years, we'll just be left with a $300 TT....

The only way to delay it even more is to not move it and keep it out of the box.

Where can I get this? Sideshow wait list and BBTS sold out...I was waiting to see YouTube vids before I bought.

I'm really torn about this. Part of me wants to sell it as soon as mine arrives and the other half is saying that I'll be able to come up with a fix that will solve the issue before it starts. My old Medicom Vader ended up with the same problem on the sleeves from the gloves. I cut thin strips of black electrical tape and wrapped it tight around the affected area of the wrists and the problem was solved. The gloved went on up past the tape so you couldn't see it and it stopped the frayed ends from spreading. This method with red electrical tape and stretching the cuffs out may be the path I take. Who knows though until I get it in hand. Someone way smarter may come up with a better idea.

I would get myself off any waitlist or PO for this fig. If I had known about the suit issue I would not of got the fig, maybe a bit of buyer remorse setting in but I think for such an expensive fig this is unacceptable.
If this was a $50 fig you could understand but not $250.

Last edited:
the more you wait to get on the waitlist the lesser your chances get.

If you jump on the moment it goes on wait list, conversion is near 100%.

I've already been on the fence with this figure as far as keep/sell. Still leaning towards sell, regardless of material defects, etc. I'd rather sell this and pick up another BW Ghostbuster perhaps. I'd like to focus my collection on lines from the 80s/90s. Just too many figures to try to try to keep current with.

Its not just the wrist.. pretty much anything rubbing on the suit like the arm bands or legs straps will wear it out i think.. maybe even a bent arm or legs will tire the material and make it crack..
Wish this was caught earlier and something was done about it
Im Afraid, as cool as it looks, the whole suits stuffed.

funny how they didnt manage to fix it seeing it only took ONE DAY of playing with the figure to see defects... like they turned a blind eye. I would have had people play with the proto everyday till now to see effects of wear... like ita that the obvious thing to do?

"GREG Customs" is working on this!
14054176_1290914620942019_2835103817584063616_n.jpg14183795_1290914617608686_217653142878833313_n.jpg

Back