1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't a very light amount of superglue along the edge of the sleeve that is covered by the glove take care of the fraying? Seems like it would

Wouldn't a very light amount of superglue along the edge of the sleeve that is covered by the glove take care of the fraying? Seems like it would

Superglue can be volatile on certain surfaces, might do more harm then good. Need something that will give a thin hard covering on the cuff, that wont damage the fabric, must be a product like that available.

This is not for everyone to try , its just something I thought i'd give a go , i'll keep ya all posted to the results over time

Thanks ClipperKing.....you're always Johnny on the spot and looking out for the collector community!

I will definitely be making the peg and glove holes wider when I do get this. Thanks for the video, CK :duff

THE GLOVES DON"T SEEM TO BE CAUSING THE FRAYING.
Whats happening is that part of the sleeve that's supposed to be tucked in under the wrist peg gets untucked. Keep it tucked and it should be fine.
What it looks like tucked
df65074696e6054a81a095441fb78dbe.png

What it looks like untucked.
eef0b2d2214f1c87c0b67b1cfce35533.png

Pics and info credit to Jon Barnes. Can't figure out how to link to his post but if you're in OSR you should see it.
EDIT: Just realized this has already been posted. My bad. :duff

Last edited:
That doesnt change the fact that the suits already wearing. Just that you're hiding it better. Clippers sleeves were already like that and had wear as well. It may help avoid it a bit longer but it's likely to happen anyway due to the cuffs on the gloves.
The reason it's wearing in that spot though is that the suit is going into the hole that the wrist peg plugs into. There's a ton of friction from that. There's no way it wouldn't fray from that. Good part is that that part of the wrist peg doesn't need to be removed in order to switch the hands out. As long as you're carefull not to pull the suit out from under it.

Just went on sideshows website and the hot toys deadpool has completely been removed from the site. Wonder if it's because of the wrist problems.

Man, glad I jumped on the pre-order for this guy yesterday. I had a feeling he was going to sell out fast, wrist problems or not, and took the plunge.

Clippers mod seems good. I was also thinking about lightly sanding the radius of the wrist peg that sits in the forearm. That, along with the glove mod should reduce the friction when turning the hand. I still feel that we should not have to pay the prices we pay and figure out our own work arounds........

Really don't think the wrist issue is as big as we think it is. The reason dean's wrists look as messed up as they do is because they aren't tucked in anymore. you can see in the video that the really bad one isn't tucked in at all. Tuck in back in there and it would look fine. :dunno
certainly not worth gluing the wrist pegs in like Clipper. That only makes it so you can't tuck them in anymore.

Back