1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might pick this up sometime down the line. Overall looks pretty damn good! :clap Have too much on my plate right now.

Its my first one.

Of course the batman returns figure will come out after lol like every Darth Vader figure that these companies do since there wasn't a Sideshow in the 70's. That is totally besides the point.

I know how the statue game works. It's not new to wait for something a while but it just would seem it would make more of a financial return for HT coming out along with the movie. A lot of people are very impressed with this figure so it may not affect this one entirely but so many times I'm sure people change their minds on a figure if they end up disliking the movie or, half a year later, have moved on to other interests or over time just realizing that there's other things they'd rather do with the money.

Just a general statement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The problem with having the product ready at launch is that it takes 12-18 months..on average...to take a figure from concept to release. That's often longer then films are in production to release. And up until a month or two before release they costumes can change. Especially on digital stuff. It's why the mk45 hand guards or not the same as the film. It's why almost every Aou hulk figure had the wrong pants. People expect accuracy over speed.

Yes, there wasn't a sideshow when reruns came out. But there was for Antman, iron man 2 and 3, Avengers 1 and 2..avatar..dofp, and tons of others. And all of those had product released after the films. Whiplash mk2 was 2015. A full 5 years after mk6 iron man. And they share the same scenes.

Hot toys has slowly gotten closer to some films release but a majority of product is still long after a movie. And that's necessary. Until a film is finished (usually not called done till 10 days to 30 days before theater release..thugs can and do change. If hot toys had made a rogue for dofp (this is just an example to illustrate worst case) because up until the final cut she was in the film...they would have been wasting time. She didn't make the film. Only way to know that is wait till it releases. And like I said...these take a year or so to make. (A scratch figure). Not all will be like that. You know deadpool a not getting cut from the deadpool movie. But films bomb. Things happen. (John carter, Lone Ranger)

Add to that an ever expanding fantasy/scifi/comic film base and it's a lot to ask for one figure to go up for order before a film, let alone multiples. And if it's released with the film around half the people will be risked on sales. As most people want to watch the movie before they order. Production is often tweaked based on early Po numbers(after nearly 20 years hot toys can see the trends in sales and chatter and reasonably estimate the success of a product) and if you have it all produced before half your customer base even knows what it wants...it's a bad business move.

Hoo boy, that's a loaded question. :lol

I haven't really been following the Sideshow figure, isn't it much more comic-inspired whereas this is the movie figure? I prefer the latter.

I agree that the Hot Toys version is much better, design and quality, but it's all personal preference. Honestly I don't really think the SS version is very comic-inspired tho when Sideshow basically made up their own design for the suit and added shoulder and knee pads and boots that he never had in the comics. They really lost me on their design choices with deadpool, I really didn't like their punisher either but they definitely nailed it with their brown suit wolverine (which was very comic-inspired and came out great)

I agree that the Hot Toys version is much better, design and quality, but it's all personal preference. Honestly I don't really think the SS version is very comic-inspired tho when Sideshow basically made up their own design for the suit and added shoulder and knee pads and boots that he never had in the comics. They really lost me on their design choices with deadpool, I really didn't like their punisher either but they definitely nailed it with their brown suit wolverine (which was very comic-inspired and came out great)

Thanks for the info. :duff

I think there are enough photos of both figures and videos of the Sideshow version for people to make their own decision.

They are both awesome just saying if you like Deadpool you will like him in any incarnation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The detail on this figure looks great! I especially like the interchangeable eyes. So excited for this movie next month!

Since there was no SS exclusive and sideshows shipping has doubled I had to preorder thru BBTS it's only $8 for shipping thru them and they really protect their items in shipping and for less then half the price, i really wish they would have had an exclusive version of this. Hopefully sideshow fixes their crazy shipping prices or starts doing exclusives again or I really don't see myself ordering Hot toys from them anymore :dunno

Thanks for the info. :duff

I think there are enough photos of both figures and videos of the Sideshow version for people to make their own decision.

:duff No problem and I think it's awesome that we even have two mass produced 1/6 Deadpools to choose from I didn't think I would ever see that day come. I may not like the SS version out of the box but I have seen people do some mods that really made it into a great figure.

I dont collect Marvel, but if I did I would be over the moon with this figure. It looks pretty much bang on comic accurate, which isn't always the case with Movie figures. This one will knock SSC figure out of the park. SSC figures are always a gamble, I collected their 1/6 DC figures but always had issues. HT's has way better QC.

I think I'm about to drop a hundred rp on this. Looks fantastic. If for some reason it turns out wonky closer to release am I able to get a return on my rp or not?

I think I'm about to drop a hundred rp on this. Looks fantastic. If for some reason it turns out wonky closer to release am I able to get a return on my rp or not?

No. Make sure you want him enough to gamble on your RP, otherwise PO at BBTS w/o penalty.

I have no doubts about wanting him. It's just weather HT will drop the ball from prototype to production. Stealth Cap and a few others come to mind.

marvel-deadpool-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902628.png

So cool.

Since there was no SS exclusive and sideshows shipping has doubled I had to preorder thru BBTS it's only $8 for shipping thru them and they really protect their items in shipping and for less then half the price, i really wish they would have had an exclusive version of this. Hopefully sideshow fixes their crazy shipping prices or starts doing exclusives again or I really don't see myself ordering Hot toys from them anymore :dunno

I feel the same way. I basically only order through Sideshow if it's an exclusive item. Otherwise, I head to BBTS. POd it through BBTS. Looking forward to it being released later this year. Hopefully sooner than later.

Back