1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you have Rewards Points, I would definitely wait for the $20 off code. Seems almost inevitable that one will be available, and applicable to this before it ships.

What happened to Sideshow giving free shipping on Hot Toys? These days the coupon code just cancels out the price hike.

It says it should ship in a few months so why do so many of you think it'll take a year? Do they often just get delayed??

The Sideshow page says July to September but it could be any time this year, other than, say, a month or two from now. :lol

Every once in a while, something will release earlier than expected. But it seems to me that the great majority of figures either meets the timeframe or comes out later.

Why would it go up Thursday? Almost every single Hot Toys figure over the last year, with very few exceptions, has gone up for sale within 24 hours of Hot Toys releasing the official photos and product details.

Jesus so I was wrong...don't bite my head off!

The Sideshow page says July to September but it could be any time this year, other than, say, a month or two from now. [emoji38]

Every once in a while, something will release earlier than expected. But it seems to me that the great majority of figures either meets the timeframe or comes out later.
Nothing like getting the wind taken out of your sails like waiting for a figure that releases a year after the movie it's from lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you look back a couple pages, you'll see that it originally came out that it was expected to ship Q3-Q4 so that's why we were talking about it taking a year. July-September isn't THAT bad, really. Still 7-9 months away but I can see this shipping a bit early, honestly. But hey, the pre-order is up and I'm pretty OK with the price. Still pretty high in CAD due to the crappy exchange rate, but it's better than any war machine or iron man, always pushing $400! After I get this ordered, it's just waiting for CW Cap pre-order, then try and get preoccupied with my University courses, my writing, filming, and doing all of the reviews I need to do, so when Deadpool ships, I'll be able to get the review done and up immediately. So happy to see this coming out! If the film absolutely tanks - God forbid - do you guys think they'd can the figure? I mean it's just paranoia talking but it doesn't hurt to get thoughts, right? I don't know fully at what poi t in the process does it become definitely releasing, no chance of cancellation.

J

If the film absolutely tanks - God forbid - do you guys think they'd can the figure? I mean it's just paranoia talking but it doesn't hurt to get thoughts, right? I don't know fully at what poi t in the process does it become definitely releasing, no chance of cancellation.

J

It doesn't matter if the film is good or bad, if it goes up for PO, we're getting the figure.

Nothing like getting the wind taken out of your sails like waiting for a figure that releases a year after the movie it's from lol

Obviously you are new to hot toys then. Until 2013 every figure was like that (with a 2% that were not). Batman returns figure just released, 25 years after the movie. 12 months? Not that big a wait. Mark 45, ultron prime, vision, QS...ect will all be in the same boat. In fact most figures even going forward will be. This figure went up for Po before the movie came out. That's incredibly rare. Using this figure to complain about, given its one of the only (maybe the only) to go up for order before the film hits theaters, and is scheduled for release 6 months after the movie hits theaters...heck it may even still be in theaters in places...

The movie doesn't come out till mid Feb.

Just PO'd! I had a $50 gift card and used $35 in points so I got him for 150! I knew I should have waited and not picked up the SS version. It's not that I don't like it, but to me this is far superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought him...officially my first hot toys. I always wanted the avengers 2 captain America but his prices are a bit much so I'm pleasant my surprised by Deadpool's cost.

It says it should ship in a few months so why do so many of you think it'll take a year? Do they often just get delayed??

Captain America was $10 cheaper at time of release...

That's what i figure, YFB. Thanks for confirming though!
Motu, I remember the PO for AOU Iron Man went up before the movie hit, though. I remember because all the movie and comic book sites made a huge deal because it was the first confirmation on what the suits were going to look like. But i don't remember any others, so yeah it's still rare. I hope they do more of this so we can see a more decent release window, you know?

J

Obviously you are new to hot toys then. Until 2013 every figure was like that (with a 2% that were not). Batman returns figure just released, 25 years after the movie. 12 months? Not that big a wait. Mark 45, ultron prime, vision, QS...ect will all be in the same boat. In fact most figures even going forward will be. This figure went up for Po before the movie came out. That's incredibly rare. Using this figure to complain about, given its one of the only (maybe the only) to go up for order before the film hits theaters, and is scheduled for release 6 months after the movie hits theaters...heck it may even still be in theaters in places...

The movie doesn't come out till mid Feb.
Its my first one.

Of course the batman returns figure will come out after lol like every Darth Vader figure that these companies do since there wasn't a Sideshow in the 70's. That is totally besides the point.

I know how the statue game works. It's not new to wait for something a while but it just would seem it would make more of a financial return for HT coming out along with the movie. A lot of people are very impressed with this figure so it may not affect this one entirely but so many times I'm sure people change their minds on a figure if they end up disliking the movie or, half a year later, have moved on to other interests or over time just realizing that there's other things they'd rather do with the money.

Just a general statement.

Is the hot toys version better than slideshows version?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Is the hot toys version better than slideshows version?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It's a matter of opinion, but I say yes. And cheaper. With the SSC version you get more "stuff" and the whole word bubbles thing, but with the HT you get the switchable eyes and overall a higher quality figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back