1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

This guy may end up being my first preorder ever. Looks ridiculously good. Will we see an exclusive and what do you think it will be?

Compared to other figures with the same license back ground (fox, marvel) like dofp wolverine and "the wolverine", 240 would be in line given the accesorys. In fact it would be low in comparison.

Dofp wolverine was 249 with one extra pair of hands. Same licensing. So that figure is what deadpool should be compared to. Given DP has four or five sets of eyes (essentially 4 HS) two swords and the rest...id say anything under 249 would be a bloody steal. It would not surprise me if it's more either.
I thought Wolverine was more because the Fox Marvel films have to license out the likeness of each individual actor for merchandising so using Jackman added to the cost of the figure. Here it's just a Deadpool figure without a Ryan Reynolds sculpt so I'd think it'd be similar pricing to the Garfield Spider-Man figures.

I really want it, looks so good.

This guy may end up being my first preorder ever. Looks ridiculously good. Will we see an exclusive and what do you think it will be?

Pretty sure they would have added an extra pic with the exclusive if we were getting one, so I'm betting this is it. Would've been cool to get an unmasked head though.

lhjhbB9.gif

I thought Wolverine was more because the Fox Marvel films have to license out the likeness of each individual actor for merchandising so using Jackman added to the cost of the figure. Here it's just a Deadpool figure without a Ryan Reynolds sculpt so I'd think it'd be similar pricing to the Garfield Spider-Man figures.

Just because the face is not Reynolds it is based on the character played by Reynolds and thus means Reynolds would still need to have a likeness deal in place. Likeness rights don't just cover a normal unaltered face of an actor. I see this a lot, but that's not how it works. I don't know if fox did a standard actor agreement like most studios do where the actor is compensated in the standard sign on for likeness (marvel, DC, Sony all do this with rare stars getting more control and a percentage of profits on merch like Jack Nicklaus and RDJ) or if it's the same as the first class, dofp, origins, the wolverine, where they intentionally didn't include likeness deals in the contract wording. Either way, Reynolds still gets compensated. It's complicated. I know. Lol I just happen to have years of first hand with this crap. If you really want to understand or hear what I have to say about it pm me and I'll try to explain it in better depth.

On top of that, even if Reynolds didn't have a stake it's still more complicated then a marvel license like Thor or Cap. It has two studios not one. Fox and marvel. It makes approvals longer and more complex, it adds man hours for that and other issues. On top of another entity to pay.

So no, it's not just the actor likeness that drove the cost up. It was part of it, but not all of it.

YEEEES!!!!! Best news this year so far! I'm definitely buying. I'm digging the interchangeable eyes idea here. More than for Batman actually, but let's give him a chance as well :)

Looks fantastic. And the Hong Kong price is 190 bucks I think so pretty reasonable as well.
Can you order one online for $190?
1942-mom-please.jpg

If you have a really good friend who lives in Hong Kong, yes.

Instant PO for me. The posing possibilities are gonna be endless.

Compared to other figures with the same license back ground (fox, marvel) like dofp wolverine and "the wolverine", 240 would be in line given the accesorys. In fact it would be low in comparison.

Dofp wolverine was 249 with one extra pair of hands. Same licensing. So that figure is what deadpool should be compared to. Given DP has four or five sets of eyes (essentially 4 HS) two swords and the rest...id say anything under 249 would be a bloody steal. It would not surprise me if it's more either.

Wolverine figures are about Jackman, nothing more.
Comparing a figure of obscure character from R-rated winter anti-hero film with no actor's likeness to Hugh Wolverine is senseless.
This figure should be $220 top.

6962dfaf06b17adcc6d94d07c1301643.jpg

OH YEAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pix are fantastic. Didn't think I could want it more, but now I do :)

And I love that the price complaints have started before we know what it is. :lol
SmileySuicide.gif

6962dfaf06b17adcc6d94d07c1301643.jpg

OH YEAH

O buddy you are definitely getting reported.
(Clicks report button thousands of times)

O buddy you are definitely getting reported.
(Clicks report button thousands of times)

That's just wrong .

Back