1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got conversion on this as well. One weird status came up on Sideshow - it says "Item in Production." Anyone else get this one on their account in the Status column?

I've had that status before.. I think it was with the blue steel armor.

looking for input. I recently came across a great deal for War Machine from Age of Ultron at my local shop below $180.00 in great shape and all parts intact, Now I'm debating if I should pull the trigger now and get it, or try to find the find the Civil War one at a decent price. Most of my Avengers are from AoU except Thor (The Dark World version) and Scarlet Witch (Civil War). Matching isn't a huge deal for me as I just want to have hot toys of all The Avengers. I don't make enough to get everyone brand new so it takes a lot of patience on my part to collect. So knowing all that if you were all in my shoes what would you do?

looking for input. I recently came across a great deal for War Machine from Age of Ultron at my local shop below $180.00 in great shape and all parts intact, Now I'm debating if I should pull the trigger now and get it, or try to find the find the Civil War one at a decent price. Most of my Avengers are from AoU except Thor (The Dark World version) and Scarlet Witch (Civil War). Matching isn't a huge deal for me as I just want to have hot toys of all The Avengers. I don't make enough to get everyone brand new so it takes a lot of patience on my part to collect. So knowing all that if you were all in my shoes what would you do?

If the Mk2 is what you want then I think that's a fair price. But if you don't see it being the definitive WM for you, that's $180 wasted that could've gone to the WM figure you really want for representation in your collection. I'd rather have no WM than spend money on one I'm so-so on, especially if money is a factor.

If the Mk2 is what you want then I think that's a fair price. But if you don't see it being the definitive WM for you, that's $180 wasted that could've gone to the WM figure you really want for representation in your collection. I'd rather have no WM than spend money on one I'm so-so on, especially if money is a factor.

This.

Thanks for the input. I feel both are a solid representation of the character. It's not everyday though you come across a diecast figure that cheep even if it was someone else's. I also am some what thinking if I got it and decided to get the Civil War I may be able to sell it for more and maybe get the newer one down the line, ahh the life of a collector!

"Thanks for contacting Sideshow Support, we're here to help!

Per your request, we have cancelled order # for the War Machine Mark III Sixth Scale Figure so you may re-book it using your reward points. Please allow 24 hours for this change to show in your online account.

As a courtesy, we will be refunding the non-refundable deposit back to the credit card originally used. We don't usually do this, so please be aware that we cannot do this again in the future. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to reflect in your bank account.

Please reply if you need any additional help!
Agali Robles"

I received this email in response to the WM3 coming back up for pre-order despite the waitlist conversions. Is it true you can only do this once? Wasn't this an error on Sideshow's part, aren't the customers in a sense getting swindled if an item appears to be "sold out" or "waitlisted" but becomes available again down the road? I know this happened to Shawn (cophoto) a while back, I don't understand why we can't get a full refund if something like this happens so that we can reorder the way we originally wanted to. If anything, it shouldn't be put back in stock AFTER our waitlists converted, it should've been done before so that we have the option of cancelling and reordering before it gets charged and becomes a live order.

They actually ignored the 2nd part of my email asking about the Hulk vs Wolverine maquette, I'm afraid to bring it up and ask if that order can be cancelled with a full refund of the NRD given the change of release date... probably too late now given the change happened a couple of months ago, right? Maybe if it gets delayed, there's a chance? Do we have to contact Sideshow when delays happen to get the refund? Or do they give you an option to do it automatically? Starting to hate dealing with their customer service now... wasn't like it used to be.

I have the Mk2 and it's a beautiful figure, it really is, but I have the Mk3 on order and will likely sell the Mk2 because I prefer a bulkier version of WM to represent the character. That said, I almost missed the MK3 and I had to waitlist; it ended up converting recently but I liked the MK2 enough that I could have lived with it if I wasn't able to get the Mk3.

So, I think it just depends on how important the bulkiness is to you for War Machine; for many fans that is one of War Machine's defining characteristics going back to the comics. BUT, if you are just a fan of the movies and the bulkiness isn't really a factor for you the Mk2 makes for a beautiful representation of the character we see in the MCU. The armor appears in two films (though painted like Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3) and looks great with the avengers. So, don't hesitate to get the MK2 at a fantastic price if you like it. Don't let the fact that many of us like War Machine to be bulkier keep you from picking up a beautiful figure at a great deal if the bulkiness of the armor isn't that important to you.

I've been a long time lurker of the forums. Seeing this post made me join so I could give my two cents. I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. I just like to have one version of the character that I am very happy with. I really would like overtime to get the entire avengers. I try my best to get them a little cheaper as I don't have the budget to get many of them. Recently I've decided I would like to get a war machine. Unlike you though I do have the iron patriot ( that I got about two years ago for a great price). I choose to get it because I really like the paint job. But as war machine was in three movies I would prefer him to look like that. As others have said the bulky look for war machine in Civil War Does look a little bit better to me. The age of Ultron version is just a repaint of that mold I already have. I do however really like the iron patriot mold. And like you I've been looking into possibly getting the war machine. Even thought about possibly getting the Iron Man 3 war machine, but then looked into it and decided I'd much rather have a screen accurate one. I recently won the age of ultron version on eBay for a A little less than you found one for. I decided a almost $200 difference was not worth the Civil war war machine which I do like a little better. As I do you like the iron patriot figure. I figured having that in the war machine colors would look really good on my shelf. I hope this helps as I thought when I read your post you sound a lot like the way I collect.

I've been a long time lurker of the forums. Seeing this post made me join so I could give my two cents. I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. I just like to have one version of the character that I am very happy with. I really would like overtime to get the entire avengers. I try my best to get them a little cheaper as I don't have the budget to get many of them. Recently I've decided I would like to get a war machine. Unlike you though I do have the iron patriot ( that I got about two years ago for a great price). I choose to get it because I really like the paint job. But as war machine was in three movies I would prefer him to look like that. As others have said the bulky look for war machine in Civil War Does look a little bit better to me. The age of Ultron version is just a repaint of that mold I already have. I do however really like the iron patriot mold. And like you I've been looking into possibly getting the war machine. Even thought about possibly getting the Iron Man 3 war machine, but then looked into it and decided I'd much rather have a screen accurate one. I recently won the age of ultron version on eBay for a A little less than you found one for. I decided a almost $200 difference was not worth the Civil war war machine which I do like a little better. As I do you like the iron patriot figure. I figured having that in the war machine colors would look really good on my shelf. I hope this helps as I thought when I read your post you sound a lot like the way I collect.

:hi5:

High-five for you guys

i think, if you haven't had a war machine/iron patriot figure in your collection yet, this WM Mark III will be the one to get. The Mark III is a perfect balance of war machine being bulky and sleek at the same time.

But if you already do have a Mark II War Machine or Iron Patriot figure, I personally would choose the WM Mark I. Compared to the Mark III which design is somewhat inspired by the Mark II (especially the helmet), the design of the Mark I is in a class of its own. That, and the added BD parts and diorama base doesn't hurt either. I gotta feeling that if there is 1 WM figure that would be most likely to sell out and appreciate in price, it would be the Mark I.

Price-wise though, I would think the WM Mark I is a better "deal" (both are crazily expensive) than the Mark III.

Does that happen often? I think I'd assumed once something went on waitlist, it was never coming back to a regular preorder.

This and Drax are the most recent examples. Iron Man Mark 39 and Stealth Cap happened within the last couple of years.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of Iron Man armors in the past and some of the AoU figures did.

Someone mentioned that usually when something goes to WL early, SSC will ask HTs for a larger allotment and it's up to HTs to do so or not.

So that's why some of these go for PO again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow can ask for more stock but 99.9% of the time if they get it it's from another distributor who said they ordered more in advance. After a set period (and it varies for every figure) hot toys locks in the production run and that's all they make. They will always make the min it takes to break even on a figure and for figures like iron man they always plan for more then say some third tier smaller property character (or ones like that). During the PO window (usually 3-6 months but for some they just run the min plus 20% Or whatever based on past versions etc. they have nearly 20 years and 500 unique figures worth of data spread over Europe/Na/sa/Asia so they have a decent idea what sells great and what does not) they can adjust up any orders (though the distributor has to commit to pay for them no matter what) and after that period the my can shuffle stock within the networks (say sideshow wants more and action city has extras as it's not as popular there or vise versa) that's when things can be adjusted that way. But the overall production run is locked in during that intial PO window. It is never made public how longboard that is for each figure nor how many figures are made total or what distribution they take.

But most of the time what happens with the waitlist open close is that people order then don't pay or decline the waitlist fill etc. It very rarely has anything to do with hot toys or more figures. Anytime money is to be paid, either an nrd(like when a waitlist converts and you actually have to pay for it type thing) or when a flex pay day passes there will be people who cancel. Almost every time on every figure. So when that happens the waitlist figures are still technically sold until that person writes and tells sideshow to can it, or the window to pay passes without it happpening. If a flex payer doesn't have the funds then sideshow gives them at least a week to fix it automatically and they can give extra if asked. So it all amounts to stock numbers going up and down even though they didn't sell any or get any in.

Back