1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input everyone. Haven't been on due to the Holidays and what not. I did decide to go with the AoU one just because I could not pass up the deal. I have decided if I like the reviews for the Civil War and my local comic shop gets him in I may try to trade him in and even use my store points I'm building up (currently have $60 in credit). But CW Falcon is next on my list.

It actually came back!? I just found out! Damn! I have already spent my points on the CW Hawkeye before X'mas as my only Hawkeye which I really enjoy, but there is still a part of me that wants this one as my definitive war machine! *sigh*

I bought a mk2 at sideshow over the holidays or spook (can't recall which one) for like 180shipped.

It happened with Mark II because it was a repaint and kind of a weak release. I had zero desire to get it because I already had Iron Patriot (which I got for really cheap from Sideshow).

I think this will sell well once it's finally out. It's more unique, played a bigger role, it's much bulkier than Mark II and it has all those accessories to make it fully armed like it was in the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, both WM Mark II figures crashed and burned, as far as resale value.

it definitely did. but I still enjoy it though on my shelf & I like the design of he suit, but I have a thing for WM in general :p

that being said, I will run over a child to get my hands on mark III as soon as it's released :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my AoU MK II but the resale is pretty bad, so much so i wouldn't think of selling it I'd just store it but this one should hold its value a little better especially if we don't see WM anymore.

Love the armour. It has the bulk of the Mark 1 and the look of the Mark 2. The only thing missing is a giant rotary chain gun on his shoulder. The tiny laser gun is pathetic to be honest.

Yea, its a shame there isnt some way to make the chain gun from WM mark 1 fit on the mount on the back of the WM Mark 3...I'd love to see a photoshop of that, just to see what it looks like...

I don't know if it's been said already, but the only thing I'm concerned with is the color of his lights... why are they white in the promo pics if they are red in the movie?

I like the all red, was alway sad the MK 1 had only red eyes but a white reactor.

Can always do what someone else did with their white arc light...some tape and a red magic marker...Worked like a charm from what I remember of the pic I saw...

View attachment 248535
View attachment 248536
View attachment 248537

So I'm crazy because I think the hot toys version is closer? I didn't say it was perfect I said closer.

And your darker then what question...then the black of their suits. Just look at the picture. Black widows suit is noticeably darker then the paint of the war machine armor. As is BP. And that Titan figure is much darker then the suit from the trailer.

View attachment 248544
View attachment 248545

Yeah, I'm just so off base...I mean the hot toys figure is WAY off...and that Titan figure is perfect. (Sarcasm detected)

It may be a look some people like more, but that doesn't mean it's more accurate. The suit as we have seen it (in art and trailers) is no where near that dark.
View attachment 248546

You can tell in the pic where he's laying on the ground that the armor is not completely black...that or Im color blind...I wouldnt want a WM in black armor anyway, that would just look weird to me...But I do love the Toy Soul picture...That does look pretty damn close to some of the screen shot pics...

I'd be satisfied if they just got rid of the sheen on the darker grey, at least you can agree that it shouldn't have the polished look. .. Maybe that's what's throwing me off with the color. There's gotta be some kind of middle ground, the HTs colors just don't look right to me.

I agree with you there...I prefer the duller or matte finish on WM, as opposed to the IM armor...WM never looked like he just got a wax job...

Back