1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a better stand I ought to be investing in for this guy? I've had him on the little plastic stand since he's arrived and he's stood fine, but I'm always nervous I'm going to come home and find him flat on my desk and missing some pieces from the fall. I haven't been collecting long enough to know which HT stands are trustworthy, but this one seems awfully flimsy for the weight of WM.

173a30967ce5171eb0ff72a614e8296a.jpg

I bought the 45 stand to have more insurance and to put him on a better looking stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey is anyone else finding the head sculpt battery compartment screw incredibly hard to remove?

I had to get a replacement cause the screw was stripped on my first one and I just received a second one and still the same issue!!! :gah:

Hey is anyone else finding the head sculpt battery compartment screw incredibly hard to remove?

I had to get a replacement cause the screw was stripped on my first one and I just received a second one and still the same issue!!! :gah:

Yes mine was tight i used my mini screwdriver and pushed down pretty hard so it catches the screw notches and turned.

Yes mine was tight i used my mini screwdriver and pushed down pretty hard so it catches the screw notches and turned.

I actually resorted to using an actual screw driver to remove it and it worked!!! :yess:

What a headache it was though!

Is there a better stand I ought to be investing in for this guy? I've had him on the little plastic stand since he's arrived and he's stood fine, but I'm always nervous I'm going to come home and find him flat on my desk and missing some pieces from the fall. I haven't been collecting long enough to know which HT stands are trustworthy, but this one seems awfully flimsy for the weight of WM.

In my opinion, the stand that he came with is fine. I have had most of my DC Iron Mans on the regular crotch grabber stands since I bought them, at their release, and they have been fine.

Yeah, I'd pay over retail for this, I definitely think it's worth it.

This and the 46 are definitely my favorite pair. I doubt the 6 and 1 will be able to top these 2.

Here are some filtered shots I took on my phone today with the OG Mk I and the latest Mk III.

Enjoy!

20170618_204900.jpg
20170618_205220.jpg
20170618_205440.jpg
20170618_205453.jpg
20170618_205954.jpg
20170618_210250.jpg

lol that's how he is. I didn't remove any pieces or anything.

Can't be :huh

This first picture shows the magnetic pieces attached whereas the second one shows them detached. I think HT was trying to make them "poseable" to replicate the scene when Rhodes first takes off at the Stark expo in IM2. The instructions just showed that they detach so they must not have been able to engineer the feature successfully.

Attachments

• IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 225
5c1effeefa34d1eeb8f65cc9a5bb6c9e.jpg

It definately works. You simply slide the piece down or detach and reattach halfway down the shin.

Can't be :huh

This first picture shows the magnetic pieces attached whereas the second one shows them detached. I think HT was trying to make them "poseable" to replicate the scene when Rhodes first takes off at the Stark expo in IM2. The instructions just showed that they detach so they must not have been able to engineer the feature successfully.

Oh wow I had no idea there were pieces to attach and detach on the shins.

Did the figure come with them on or off out of the box? Because I took him out of the box like that with the shins exposed...

Ugh, great. Now I'm gonna need to unbox him again tomorrow and check. I don't have a display case so I keep all my figures boxed and take them out when I feel like playing around with them... :slap

5c1effeefa34d1eeb8f65cc9a5bb6c9e.jpg

It definately works. You simply slide the piece down or detach and reattach halfway down the shin.

That picture is from the concept/PO images, it doesn't work like that on the retail version. I mean, the outer plates can kinda move down and stick, but they don't look anywhere close to the same placement as that picture. The inner plates are useless. Unless there's something I missed, it doesn't work for me.

I like the filtered shots gmoney. They kind of look like they could be the cover to a rap album :lol

Back