1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - D00 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Nice pic Sabrina! I really like the looks of this, I don't know why marvel refuses to listen to how the WM fans want a duel shoulder weapon armor, but this looks really good once you get past how they traded that for a cricket bat. Here's hoping they don't kill him off so that we can still see a mark four with twin shoulder weapons on his suit.

IM2 War Machine is still the best, unfortunately.

1911915_10153213259977344_6587011878541950667_n.jpg

Looks like a metal detector device to me. :lol

What a stupid weapon to give to a character that's called War Machine. Hope that can attach to his back or something.

It is silly but as others have said, it's likely a non-lethal weapon meant to subdue and round up former friends.

Looks like a metal detector device to me. :lol

Maybe he is the guy making sure no one is stealing anything in that scene in the trailer where people are taking Cap's Shield and Falcon's stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it looks cool. Whatever it is, lol. But if you look at the end of it, it appears to be a barrel so it could dbl as a shoulder rifle/cannon :dunno

You guys are sure freaking out over something you have absolutely zero context for

You guys are sure freaking out over something you have absolutely zero context for

I think everyone is just disappointed since the concept art showed what looked like a shoulder mounted energy cannon and the hot toys figure doesn't look like it can attach that thing to its shoulder at all :slap I will wait for the movie to completely form an opinion about the weapon but even if it's cool in the movie it's a poor substitute for a shoulder mounted energy cannon :lecture I'm still definitely picking this figure up tho.

To tell you the truth, I don't care much for it. The thing I do care is if the character is well portrayed.

If I don't like the baton thing, I would leave it in the package and that's it. An accessory never bothers me (even the lack of accessories don't usually bother me, unless it was something like captain America with no Shield) , cause if I don't like it, I just don't use it.

The thing was, the metal detector joke was to good to let it pass. Hehehe.

But in the end, I completely agree with you, context is everything and it might be an excellent prop/weapon/gadget in the movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could it just be part of a laser cannon he broke off something and used as a club in the heat of a particular battle rather than an accessory he routinely uses as part of his regular arsenal?

After looking at promo art and the trailer again it's nice to see that both WM's eyes and chest piece are red instead of just the eyes like the Mk I.

This figure at least needs the red outlines around the eyes and chest piece like IP and the IM3 Mk II. Did the AOU version of the Mk II have the outlines? Red lights (eyes) haven't been on WM since the Mk 1 but I think they need a more diffuse way of doing it since the lights on the Mk 1 figure were TOO red.

Did the AOU version of the Mk II have the outlines?

no they don't, but they did have it on the IM3 version which wasn't in the film. The AOU one is accurate without the red outline.

I like the bulk of this suit, but hate the helmet. Wonder if it will be possible to switch helmets with the AoU one?
Hopefully they keep the color palette the same for this one… it looks the same in these pics.

I like the bulk of this suit, but hate the helmet. Wonder if it will be possible to switch helmets with the AoU one?
Hopefully they keep the color palette the same for this one… it looks the same in these pics.

What don't you like about the helmet?

This figure at least needs the red outlines around the eyes and chest piece like IP and the IM3 Mk II. Did the AOU version of the Mk II have the outlines? Red lights (eyes) haven't been on WM since the Mk 1 but I think they need a more diffuse way of doing it since the lights on the Mk 1 figure were TOO red.
Nope, the AoU version did not. And I agree, that's what's missing on this figure for me.

Weird baton aside, still definitely interested in getting this. I'm more worried about how much I'm going to have to spend collecting all the figures from CA:CW.

Back