1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're from Canada right? I got mine here, best price I could find it:

[Pre-Order] Ant-Man - Ant-Man Movie Masterpiece [902448] - $279.99 : Toytards, Vancouver Figures and Collectables

total with s&h and taxes was $328.38 CAD plus got almost $20 in reward points for my next fig

Thanks for the final tally! I'm waiting to hear from a friend on this one right now, but I'm a fan of Toytards!! I've ordered my Scarlet Witch and Luke Skywalker from them! :)

Great options aside...man do I hate our dollar right now. This is getting painfully harsh with each exchange rate calculation!

Thanks for the final tally! I'm waiting to hear from a friend on this one right now, but I'm a fan of Toytards!! I've ordered my Scarlet Witch and Luke Skywalker from them! :)

Great options aside...man do I hate our dollar right now. This is getting painfully harsh with each exchange rate calculation!

ugh tell me about it. There have been several PO that would have been day one orders, but with the dollar I have to be very conservative.

You can also check Urban Samurai hobbies whenever they get their PO posted

Edit: Although it seems toytard does have better deals

ugh tell me about it. There have been several PO that would have been day one orders, but with the dollar I have to be very conservative.

You can also check Urban Samurai hobbies whenever they get their PO posted

Edit: Although it seems toytard does have better deals

Thanks for the option regardless! It's tough when sites take the exchange rate into account and then some. I used to order from Toys2, but they process all orders in US as well as shipping in US funds, which is kind of insane. It gets really out of hand these days! Here's hoping it recovers by the time some of these things ship next year, but it's just getting so much uglier. Quite sad really.

Oh yeah! And the eyes light up on this figure...I'd rather they didn't light up and had just been a thinner plastic material where we could actually see Lang's eyes from the headsculpt below. I mean, why not take even MORE advantage of wrapping the actual headsculpt into the helmet this time around? It would've been awesome had they kept them thin/clear enough for that to have been the case.

I'm sure there was some reason for not doing it though, but it would've been very cool!

I bet they went with the light up eyes because of concept art/stills that they were given as source.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes up with replacement lens for the helmet

I was thinking the same, if HT don't provide the correct lenses, I would be hoping a talented somebody would offer them here :)

I was thinking the same, if HT don't provide the correct lenses, I would be hoping a talented somebody would offer them here :)

I bet they went with the light up eyes because of concept art/stills that they were given as source.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes up with replacement lens for the helmet

I hope so for those interested! I'd have to pass, as it's just not worth the money for me to go into additions like that after buying the initial figure. It's not a make or break on the figure, I just thought it'd be cool. I'm sure there are reasons why they went the way they did! Maybe it was the earlier concept art, or maybe the clear lenses just didn't look right. I trust they had their reasons! :)

Huh. It looks like one of those figures you dunk in water and watch it grow over time. XD

11760067_10205423636125291_7963567539603621297_n.jpg

11695039_10205423636245294_8670040996094043951_n.jpg

People really shouldn't be so up on about the lights.

They're able to be switched on and off as you can see in the picture below. When they're off,you'll see the translucent red lens and the sculpt will be underneath it since it's all in one head sculpt.

Don't see why people care about seeing the actual eyes. Unless if you're using a magnify glass with a flashlight pointed directly at the sculpt, you won't see it in any condition. Even the movie had the dark red lens and you were able to see the eyes when the shot was focused directly at them up close.

xD3gnoY.jpg

A6pp8ur.jpg

I hope what you're saying here about the helmet having an light on/off feature and the lenses being translucent enough to see the eyes of the portrait underneath.
Is it absolutely necessary? Well, no...but it was one thing I noticed in the movie was the focus on "that" look...the close-ups letting the audience see him inside the helmet....many times. Yes, it's be tough at this scale, but I hope it features it....I like that look for the helmet...more than the almost generic "light-up" eyes thing...doesn't Stark have that look more than covered already? :)

the prototype looks really nice! but just not my cup of tea.
i would rather save my money for the mighty shotgun! :yess:

antman 1.jpg
antman 2.jpg
antman 3.jpg

Interesting that the stand specifies "Scott Lang", I wonder if HT is working on a young Pym version too, or whatever the "Black Out" suit is supposed to represent...

Back