1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet no love for YJ? :monkey2

(Corey Stoll eyes razor blade)

RussoRazor-e1360339851330.jpg

I really REALLY didn't like this villain. First I wasn't a fan of using Cross as YJ, especially since YJ was never a villain persona. Then again, I can see why they would alter Cross's back story/villainy powers.

Darren Cross (Earth-616) - Marvel Comics Database

Also I really didn't like when Hope blamed his reason for being a jerk on the "particles", adds sympathy to a villain IMO where there really shouldn't be any for this dude. I did like the Hydra cameo though.

Erm... spoilers for those that have not watched the movie or this thread will get locked again. I've seen the movie but just thought you should know.

Adding spoiler tags isn't that hard. Ill still use them for another week. I got annoyed by how many people tried to ruin AOU for me simply by not taking time to spoil tag it. Just common courtesy.:wink1:

Adding spoiler tags isn't that hard. Ill still use them for another week. I got annoyed by how many people tried to ruin AOU for me simply by not taking time to spoil tag it. Just common courtesy.:wink1:

Yeah, I get that, and I do use them normally. In fact I've sent the "how-to spoiler tag" many times. The only reason why I did not is because I thought somewhere we decided that after opening weekend to not use them. I guess that's not the case.

Yeah, I get that, and I do use them normally. In fact I've sent the "how-to spoiler tag" many times. The only reason why I did not is because I thought somewhere we decided that after opening weekend to not use them. I guess that's not the case.

I generally give it a month with spoilers, as not everybody is 1st weekend/midnight release movie goers. For instance, here in Canada, we have a cheap Tuesday (1/2 price admission), so I know a lot of people that wait for that.

But to be honest, if you are going to see the movie and want to avoid any spoilers, just stay off topics regarding that movie. I usually stop reading/watching anything movie related about a month before the release.

Is that the matchbox one from comic con?

nah I think its from a magazine released in HK. but for ~$60 (from that ebay listing), I'll just pass and get the Marvel Legend Figure, although the Ant is terrible out of scale lol

ant-manjpg-5a4578_765w.jpg

after Disney made Edgar depart a movie he had been developing for the past 10 years or so, I swore I wouldn't need anything from this ****** film, EVER!

however on saturday I finally went and watched the movie they decided to make instead and now I cant seem to stay away from the sideshow pre-order page? but still... there seems to be something missing? I dont seem to get the "urge" to hit the actual button to order?
this thing would be a nice addition to the Marvel shelf and I thought Rudd made the character. the movie felt fresh, smaller and like a healthy step away from the sorta megalomania that IMO has been troubling every single Marvel film lately... but this thing... this seems a bit overpriced for such a plain figure? doesent it?

to be perfectly honest I cant help but wonder how Hot Toys could resist cramming some super-sized ant in there and force it down our throats while they were at it, to drive the price even higher? dont get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't, but the unnecessary giant bases etc. the stuff you dont usually want or care for, has been their trademark as of late.

decisions, decisions... the movie was fine/the figure is fine. but still... all said and done, given a choice, I would still opt to see the (un-made) Edgar Wright version every single time and buy the figure from that film.
essentially that would be the same ******* figure, but that's just how I feel? schizophrenia?

Well, they could always add something down the line, waiting til more people see the movie before sharing any "surprises" or spoilers?

The tiny little figure you all see today on the web is from this weeks East Touch magazine released in HK.
It's made by hottoys and the pose is slightly different to the one you get from preordering the 1/6 scale figure.

The magazine was released this morning and it sold out instantly. The thing was extremely hard to get hold of. Apparently some of the 7/11 and Circle K stores only had like 1-2 issues.
The limited edition mag and figure cost 38Hkd and ppl were selling on the auction site for like 100hkd-200hkd.

What a rip off and then hottoys goes and make a competition where ppl can take photos of their mini figure and you can win prizes.

The thing is hard to get so how do you expect ppl to enter the comp!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the movie and for a movie called ANt MAn you really had to make it good other wise it was a name with an invitation to mock.

But on the other had with the lens that light up i agree that they should not', HT does a great job of capturing detail from the movies but to add something that wasn't in the move should be a Sideshow exclusive.

For example i am on a mission for collecting all armors from Iron Man, but Sideshow has there exclusives that were not in the movie, as such they call is Sideshow exclusive and I think if they are going to make it light up then make it exclusive BUT give is the non exclusive version with face.

Now to sideshows defense, i don't think they have licensing do make his face like Robert D Jrs in Iron Man, so if they were to wait to release this figure without his face and you can see through it then it wouldn't look right, they must have had a meeting and decided on lights.

I don't know if the movie has made me buy the figure, but I really enjoyed it. I'm sure it's not a spoiler to say that Ant-Man is a little more light-hearted than say CA: TWS, and I'm appreciating the variation, given that Civil War is likely to be quite dark in tone.

I think that's an accurate observation.

Since Thor: TDW, I think that Marvel has kind of gotten darker in tone (not complaining, just observation) with their movies, with the exception of GotG. Thor: TDW, Captain America: TWS and AoU were all darker in tone when compared to previous films. And as you mentioned, I'm pretty certain Civil War will be pretty dark in tone as well. Probably even darker than any of the aforementioned.

Ant-Man was definitely a change of tone, and is well placed being that it's in between a string of movies that are dark in tone.

Back