1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the movie. I order this even before seeing it. I don't know exactly why, but this costume design is my favorite out of all the Marvel Universe. Just a really cool looking design.

I wonder if the open faceplate sculpt has transparent red eyes? I'm guessing so as the eye covers look shiny based on that last hi res picture.

There is only one head sculpt, it opens and closes with the face sculpt inside and it lights up when closed.

I pre-ordered this figure on Thursday (I think it was Thursday haha) right when it became available on SS before even seeing the movie. Saw the movie yesterday morning on Saturday, and was very glad that I did pre-order him and am really looking forward to this figure. Awesome movie, really enjoyed it. I'm sure I'll probably end up seeing it again at least another time in the theaters.

Although as others mentioned, after seeing the movie, I hope HT does some fine tuning reconsiders the light up eyes feature and instead simply has see through eye pieces, being that when shown in close-ups in the film, you were able to see his eyes in the mask. The light up feature is cool, but it's going to be turned off roughly 98% of the time while on display, so might as well make it more accurate to how it was in the film.

It's a 1/6 figure though. Are you really going to see the eyes through the mask much anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered this figure on Thursday (I think it was Thursday haha) right when it became available on SS before even seeing the movie. Saw the movie yesterday morning on Saturday, and was very glad that I did pre-order him and am really looking forward to this figure. Awesome movie, really enjoyed it. I'm sure I'll probably end up seeing it again at least another time in the theaters.

Although as others mentioned, after seeing the movie, I hope HT does some fine tuning reconsiders the light up eyes feature and instead simply has see through eye pieces, being that when shown in close-ups in the film, you were able to see his eyes in the mask. The light up feature is cool, but it's going to be turned off roughly 98% of the time while on display, so might as well make it more accurate to how it was in the film.

I ordered it while walking out of the door to go to the theater :lol

zviMj7g.gif

Just saw this movie today and loved it. Kevin Feige is doing a masterful job of integrating all of these MCU movies. This one was no exception.

I was a bit worried they'd struggle coming up with a compelling storyline for a superhero who can shrink to ant size, but this movie did not disappoint in any way and holds its own with any movie in the MCU, in my opinion.

Like many, I PO'd this figure a few days ago, and having now seen the movie, I'm very glad I did. I'd seriously consider a YJ 1/6 figure to go alongside it, even though
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's a 1/6 figure though. Are you really going to see the eyes through the mask much anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, but as I and others mentioned, are you really going to turn on the light up feature for the eyes on the mask much anyway while displaying him? Other than just something to show people when they look at it and you can say, "And look, the eyes light up too!"

I'm just saying I'd rather lean more towards accuracy (even if you can only see his eyes in the mask when looking at it close-up [which would actually be even more accurate because you were only able to see his eyes in the mask in the movie when shown close-up]) over a feature that I won't be using 98% of the time anyway.

Don't get me wrong though. I loved the movie and am going to love the figure even more because of that, light up eyes or not. I'm very glad that I got him.

Just saw this movie today and loved it. Kevin Feige is doing a masterful job of integrating all of these MCU movies. This one was no exception.

I was a bit worried they'd struggle coming up with a compelling storyline for a superhero who can shrink to ant size, but this movie did not disappoint in any way and holds its own with any movie in the MCU, in my opinion.

Like many, I PO'd this figure a few days ago, and having now seen the movie, I'm very glad I did. I'd seriously consider a YJ 1/6 figure to go alongside it, even though
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now this is how you post about a new movie without giving anything away. Someone please rep this man. :duff

Definitely getting this since I loved the movie. It would be nice if they did a Rudd/Lang unhelmeted HS but sure one will be coming. Will also order the YJ since the design was fantastic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back