1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, first post, been wanting to get in the 1/6 game for a long time now. But never pulled the trigger, I'm an avid comic collector and didn't think I could support two hobbies, especially with deep as I am into comics and as expensive as 1/6 is!!! Well I recently said eff it and PO the Hot Toys Deadpool as well as Kylo Ren. Well the ant man figure has been one I've constantly come back too...so I signed up for the wait list. My question: since he's out and already in circulation is the wait list pointless at this point in time? I've seen a few on websites, but they're severely marked up. Should I eat it and buy one of those or cross my fingers for an order fulfillment? Thank you in advance to anyone who offers insight, it's appreciated!

I'll just watermark on my photos from now on.

Reminds me of a story: The last time I posted professional looking pictures of a statue/figure was back on the Spawn.com boards back in the day. I took pictures of a Upper Deck Historical Beginnings Michael Jordan statue and posted them on there. An Upper Deck employee saw them and contacted me directly. That started off a relationship where they sent me every single All Star Vinyl figure (including varients) for me to photograph for their web site - https://sports.upperdeck.com/allstarvinyl/theshowroom.aspx. I was able to keep them all as well.

Then they wanted me to do a project where I took their supplied images, do a little Photoshop magic on them and then send them back to them for another site of theirs. For this project they offered me a framed print signed by Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan which retailed for over $6k at the time. I already had a decent collection of Michael Jordan memorabilia anyway so I asked them if I could use the retail value of the print they offered me towards other framed prints signed by Michael Jordan only. They said yes and now I have 4 framed prints from Upper Deck signed by MJ.

So I guess if I had any comment about your situation it would be to not worry about who sees your work because you never know what that could turn into. :)

Hey guys, first post, been wanting to get in the 1/6 game for a long time now. But never pulled the trigger, I'm an avid comic collector and didn't think I could support two hobbies, especially with deep as I am into comics and as expensive as 1/6 is!!! Well I recently said eff it and PO the Hot Toys Deadpool as well as Kylo Ren. Well the ant man figure has been one I've constantly come back too...so I signed up for the wait list. My question: since he's out and already in circulation is the wait list pointless at this point in time? I've seen a few on websites, but they're severely marked up. Should I eat it and buy one of those or cross my fingers for an order fulfillment? Thank you in advance to anyone who offers insight, it's appreciated!

I don't know, being on the Ant-Man waitlist is a crap shoot at this point, unless HT decides to do a 2nd run like they did for many of the Star Wars figures. Personally, I'd rather pay a little more and have the figure vice missing out on him.

Welcome BTW!

I have been a long time statue collector and over the last year in particular the prices of statues have gone through the roof so much so that I have made the decision to transition over to 1/6 scale HT figures because I simply can't justify and in some cases afford the crazy price hikes on statues.

My plan is to focus my HT collection on Marvel movie with the occasional deviation to other movies if the figure warrants it. I currently have CW Cap and Falcon on PO and plan to order MK 46, WM 3, and possibly CW Hawkeye. I am skipping CW Ant-Man because I prefer this version and plan to pick it up soon.

I have been a long time statue collector and over the last year in particular the prices of statues have gone through the roof so much so that I have made the decision to transition over to 1/6 scale HT figures because I simply can't justify and in some cases afford the crazy price hikes on statues.

My plan is to focus my HT collection on Marvel movie with the occasional deviation to other movies if the figure warrants it. I currently have CW Cap and Falcon on PO and plan to order MK 46, WM 3, and possibly CW Hawkeye. I am skipping CW Ant-Man because I prefer this version and plan to pick it up soon.
Don't get too excited, 1/6th figure prices have being going up pretty rapidly as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don't get too excited, 1/6th figure prices have being going up pretty rapidly as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Indeed they are but at least for now they are more manageable than statues. I also think in many cases you get more bang for your buck with HT considering all the switch out options that most of their figures come with. HT is also the best in the business when it comes to likeness accuracy on portraits. Most statue manufacturers have a lot of catch up to do in that regard.

Reminds me of a story: The last time I posted professional looking pictures of a statue/figure was back on the Spawn.com boards back in the day. I took pictures of a Upper Deck Historical Beginnings Michael Jordan statue and posted them on there. An Upper Deck employee saw them and contacted me directly. That started off a relationship where they sent me every single All Star Vinyl figure (including varients) for me to photograph for their web site - https://sports.upperdeck.com/allstarvinyl/theshowroom.aspx. I was able to keep them all as well.

Then they wanted me to do a project where I took their supplied images, do a little Photoshop magic on them and then send them back to them for another site of theirs. For this project they offered me a framed print signed by Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan which retailed for over $6k at the time. I already had a decent collection of Michael Jordan memorabilia anyway so I asked them if I could use the retail value of the print they offered me towards other framed prints signed by Michael Jordan only. They said yes and now I have 4 framed prints from Upper Deck signed by MJ.

So I guess if I had any comment about your situation it would be to not worry about who sees your work because you never know what that could turn into. :)

Great story! :rock

Thanks for the story. :) Congrats on getting recognized. :clap

Anyone can share my images as long as they mention my name. I have been contacted about my photos and have had them shared or used, but in each of those cases, I was given credit for the photos and/or even asked permission to use them. That is common courtesy.

Say for instance, someone shared my photo without my name attached and someone important does notice. How would they know who to contact if they were interested in doing so? Would the person that posted my photo just outright take the credit for the photo themselves? Who can know. :dunno

I put a lot of work into my photos and a lot of money into the equipment. Credit for my work would be appreciated.

Just attach my name/username to the photos, that is all I want. It's as simple as that.

Yeah this suit looks better to me. Also I buy the Rudd sculpt more with the helmet on. Is the CW one just swappable or can this look be achieved as well?

CW looks like it's either all on or all off. On the plus side, I'm expecting the light feature to be better because of that.

Hey so newbie question, I'm brand new to purchasing from Sideshow Collectibles. So if I submit myself to the waitlist do I get charged as soon as I submit or does it only charge me if the item becomes available and ships to me?

Also, I signed up for the $15 off when you sign up for their email newsletter, however I haven't received a coupon code or anything yet. Does it take a couple days before I receive or what?

Thanks in advance!

So if I submit myself to the waitlist do I get charged as soon as I submit or does it only charge me if the item becomes available and ships to me?
You won't get charged until it becomes available. They send an email to notify you that it's converting to a regular order so you can have the funds ready.

You won't get charged until it becomes available. They send an email to notify you that it's converting to a regular order so you can have the funds ready.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Will I then get the option to pay in full or installments if I get notified?

Back