1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife likes this hobby. Before it it was Swiss watches (Rolex, Paneria, Cartier, Breitling, Omega). Before that it was road bike riding and before that mountain bike riding and before that women! These dolls are a tiny expenditure compared to any of my precious hobbies......which are still simmering in background to come back when I get bored with the dolls. And my wife is fine with it as well. But to be courteousl I always give her a heads as in ,"I think I want Antman" or "I think I want a new...." She knows what that means.

My wife likes this hobby. Before it it was Swiss watches (Rolex, Paneria, Cartier, Breitling, Omega). Before that it was road bike riding and before that mountain bike riding and before that women! These dolls are a tiny expenditure compared to any of my precious hobbies......which are still simmering in background to come back when I get bored with the dolls. And my wife is fine with it as well. But to be courteousl I always give her a heads as in ,"I think I want Antman" or "I think I want a new...." She knows what that means.

Well except the women hobby! LOL.

That's good to hear.

There are indeed a lot more pricier hobbies than this out there. All the ones you mentioned, for instance. RC cars, RC planes and building models can all get pretty pricey as well. Probably even more so than buying the occasional $225 HT.

Many people don't like the notion of being alone, so they almost force themselves to find someone and consequently, sometimes end up just settling for someone for the sake of not being alone. That's usually a result of them not being comfortable with themselves and who they are, so they need to find someone else to make them happy or fill that empty void for them that they can't fill for themselves. Companionship and love is important of course, but in order for someone else to fully like, accept and respect you as you are, you have to first like, accept and respect who you are first.

Mine likes me and respects me just fine. She just doesn't like the idea that a grown man spends $200+ on a doll, which is completely fair IMO.

It is just silly if you think about it.

I find funny when I read stuff like "my wife got me X HT doll for my BD" when we all damn well know that's not true, lol.

Never been married, never will be. :wink1: Not worth it for me. I'm too independent and a MASSIVE introvert who needs space, and too many of the men I meet basically want another mother, except when night time rolls around. :rotfl

This is brilliant. :lol

Clicked for Ant-man and got marriage counseling :rotfl. For the record my husband hates my collecting so men can be a pain too...:mad:

:lol

Mine likes me and respects me just fine. She just doesn't like the idea that a grown man spends $200+ on a doll, which is completely fair IMO.

I find funny when I read stuff like "my wife got me X HT doll for my BD" when we all damn well know that's not true, lol.

No more inane than spending $200+ on a designer bag/purse for instance just to keep knick-knacks in, in my opinion. :lol

If a grown man spends $200+ on a doll, I would presume it's because the said grown man is grown-up enough to know that he can comfortably afford $200+ dolls in the first place.

You don't think a spouse can support a hobby by purchasing a figure for someone?

For a fair bit of people these figures are not that expensive. It's all perspective. I'm not trying to say these are cheap when compared to marvel legends or anything else. I'm saying its relative. When people get a brand new bmw or a yacht or a Rembrandt as a gift as has been done then a 200 or 2000 dollar figure is not that big a deal. As was said, compared to some collections these are very cheap. If you collect brand new hot wheels then you see these as expensive. I happen to collect many things and these are (hot toys) around the lower end of the prices. My masters of the universe toys are mostly pretty cheap. My sneakers are usually below hot toys. Then the rest of the junk I buy is more expensive. And it's not like a lot of the more expensive stuff out there for collecting is made of some mythic materials or is somehow better. Art is essentially paper or the same materials hot toys are (plastic, cheaper metals, cloth ect). Movie props are essentially the same stuff. Stamps are not anything special wise as far as materials go.

People collect all kinds of stuff and yes, people out there have a spouse or significant other that will buy them scale figures for a gift.

I'm feeling disappointment setting in by not getting this one. Especially now that it seems to be selling out everywhere. But I had to allocate the funds for this to other things I had coming in. :gah:

I was very disappointed in this figure until the trick about the sliding mouth piece was revealed. If anyone has one and doesn't know about this watch the video review. Wtf wouldn't Hot Toys have this step in the instructions!?! If it was discovered in the video there is no way anyone would have figured it out.

You don't think a spouse can support a hobby by purchasing a figure for someone?

For a fair bit of people these figures are not that expensive. It's all perspective. I'm not trying to say these are cheap when compared to marvel legends or anything else. I'm saying its relative. When people get a brand new bmw or a yacht or a Rembrandt as a gift as has been done then a 200 or 2000 dollar figure is not that big a deal. As was said, compared to some collections these are very cheap. If you collect brand new hot wheels then you see these as expensive. I happen to collect many things and these are (hot toys) around the lower end of the prices. My masters of the universe toys are mostly pretty cheap. My sneakers are usually below hot toys. Then the rest of the junk I buy is more expensive. And it's not like a lot of the more expensive stuff out there for collecting is made of some mythic materials or is somehow better. Art is essentially paper or the same materials hot toys are (plastic, cheaper metals, cloth ect). Movie props are essentially the same stuff. Stamps are not anything special wise as far as materials go.

People collect all kinds of stuff and yes, people out there have a spouse or significant other that will buy them scale figures for a gift.

Agreed, my wife has bought me to date, five Hot Toys (James Franco Goblin, Joker 2.0, Nicholson Joker, SSM Cap, and AoU Hulk). All as gifts for particular occasions, we do not keep an overtly nerdy home or flaunt our high price collections past our separate offices or anything like that so it feels more special when she does pick one up for me. Anyway, when I decided to break down what I will collect I separated it like this. I could spend easily $200 in three months and pick up progressively worse quality figures (Legends/Selects etc.) for a decent amount of figures. Or, pay them off over time and pick up a high quality 1/6 scale. If I ever get the want to snag a toy here and there from the store I go with minimates, better accessories, better quality of toy for the money and you get atleast 2 figures, sure they're block figures but overall they are higher quality than what the big companies have been putting out. Then occasionally I will get a Lego set here and there. If I ever need self affirmation or justification of my collecting, I see it like this, 90% of my collection has increased in value. Not only is it a hobby that I love but it's also a contingency plan in the event SHTF.

View attachment 263625View attachment 263626View attachment 263627
WOW!
I'm so glad I ore-ordered him from Sideshow on day one.
Sold out almost every where.
Other places already raising the price on him.

Too true, and congrats! I was wise and bought 3 as I imagined that production would be limited.

Just as an FYI (ignore it or actually take it to heart) but the helmet is too far up in your first picture. The trick is to hide the silver across the top of his head.

Well, you know, Ant Man had a troubled relationship with his ex, so I guess we didn't go TOO far off-topic, right? :rotfl

Anyway, it's funny how this figure sold so well (and now prices are going up) when it seems like everyone and their dog thought this would be the dumbest Marvel movie ever. It wasn't my all-time fave, but his appearance in Civil War was definitely my favorite part of that movie. Can't go wrong with Rudd.

Many people don't like the notion of being alone, so they almost force themselves to find someone and consequently, sometimes end up just settling for someone for the sake of not being alone. That's usually a result of them not being comfortable with themselves and who they are, so they need to find someone else to make them happy or fill that empty void for them that they can't fill for themselves. Companionship and love is important of course, but in order for someone else to fully like, accept and respect you as you are, you have to first like, accept and respect who you are first.
Well said. Never settle for less than you deserve. I am lucky I found one that supports me in everything I do. That is why I'm marrying her. Hell her engagement ring alone will cost me either equal or more than my whole collection. In any relationship you need honesty and compromise. Its better if she shares your hobbies. Though I do understand why some feel the need to hide their purchases. I used to do that till I realised being honest about it made us closer and allowed her to understand me for who I am. Now she helps me choose which figure is cool and what not.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well said. Never settle for less than you deserve. I am lucky I found one that supports me in everything I do. That is why I'm marrying her. Hell her engagement ring alone will cost me either equal or more than my whole collection. In any relationship you need honesty and compromise. Its better if she shares your hobbies. Though I do understand why some feel the need to hide their purchases. I used to do that till I realised being honest about it made us closer and allowed her to understand me for who I am. Now she helps me choose which figure is cool and what not.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Let's see what happens AFTER the marriage. I have a feeling you are in for a eye opening life experience if you think women stay the same after marriage.

Let's see what happens AFTER the marriage. I have a feeling you are in for a eye opening life experience if you think women stay the same after marriage.

Ouch.

Same goes for men, my dear!

This, exactly:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 179
Back